Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this Part of the Reason we Cannot Score?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
London Irish said:
Ah, but I don't indulge in the luxury of being a McGhee basher and then a McGhee praiser when the mood suits me. Only unprincipled, clueless goons do that. What is your position on McGhee's handling of Knight again? You seem to argue something different every time I see you post.
Well perhaps you should. Perhaps you could try seeing McGhee as a human being who you might agree with for the majority of his decisions, but could perhaps indulge in questioning some of his other decisions on this message board, like the rest of us. You like to preach to everyone how you don't just blindly believe whatever McGhee does, but I can't honestly remember seeing you start a thread questioning ANYTHING he's ever done. Which incidentally is all I'm doing. If you want to find an example of me changing my stance on anything in particular though, then go ahead and use the search facility.

You're trying ever so hard to bait me Stephen, but I'm afraid it's to little avail. I've made my opinion perfectly clear on McGhee and his handling of Knight. They have acted like a pair of tossers but I'm glad to see the back of Knight rather than the manager.

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Simster said:
Eh? I'm not suggesting we could be like them! All I'm saying is that a) we'd get better results if we didn't rotate our strikers every other game (or more) and b) that most other teams play the same two strikers for prolonged periods until one is out of form or gets injured. And even then, you will find their fans debating which two should start. Do me a favour and read the thread before getting all cross FFS.

Again, no I'm not. I'm suggesting that striker rotation taken to the extreme it is being taken is doing us absolutely no favours.

I did come over all angry didn't I, Sorry.

But the very reason they are settled is because they are delivering the goods and ours are not. I just cannot imagine a situation where a manager ( of any worth ) picks the best he thinks he's got and then sticks with it for a prolonged period when it obviously isn't working.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck said:
Well if Coppell works on the principles of the guy in possession of the shirt keeps it until he is not performing and not changing a winning side,

Interesting - is that the criteria you would set McGhee?

Yes, we'll see what Coppell does about Lita.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sid James said:
I did come over all angry didn't I, Sorry.

But the very reason they are settled is because they are delivering the goods and ours are not. I just cannot imagine a situation where a manager ( of any worth ) picks the best he thinks he's got and then sticks with it for a prolonged period when it obviously isn't working.
Well how about for more than 2 games then?

Apology accepted BTW.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Interesting - is that the criteria you would set McGhee?

Yes, we'll see what Coppell does about Lita.

Adams in particular used to work under this principle, to the point that when played Southend on New Years Day 2001, he left Zamora on the bench and started with the team that had beaten Barnet the game before (Zamora had missed that game due to suspension).

The difficulty with us at present is we are not getting results, but I do feel this is not helped by what at best is rotation and in reality is chopping and changing.

Last edited:

Simster said:
I can't honestly remember seeing you start a thread questioning ANYTHING he's ever done.
Is that, what you have to do then, to get your opinions remembered, start threads? :) Oh, and obviously use lots of CAPPED words to show how AGITATED you are?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
London Irish said:
Is that, what you have to do then, to get your opinions remembered, start threads? :) Oh, and obviously use lots of CAPPED words to show how AGITATED you are?
Erm, no. Just to clarfiy, you start a new thread to provoke a new discussion. :)

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Simster said:
Well how about for more than 2 games then?

Apology accepted BTW.

If he saw anything that was worth persisting with he probably would. When McShane & Butters are fit they play. Same with Chippy & Hammond.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Agree. We should stick to two strikers and give them a few games together to allow their partnership to gell.

My choice Hart and CKR.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here