Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the anti Adams faction........

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Even If Mickey does get us up this season it won't make me feel better because at the way Wilkins was treated.

It's my belief Dean would have carried on with his good work and none of this would been discussed and Knight would still be our saviour.

Why oh why Did knight lose his senses?

So Dick Knight is guilty without anyone knowing the evidence?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There are so many different points being debated in this thread that sometimes its hard to see the wood for the trees.

Was Wilkins treated shabbily ?

Of course he was and to argue against that is just ridiculous.

Do we have a better future with Adams at the helm ?

Thats a question that can only be answered at the end of the season (or perhaps Dick Knight in all his wisdom will give Adams 3 years to get above 7th place)

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
Borne out of loyalty to the memory of Dean Wilkins?

If so why not take a leaf out of Dean '99 times out of ten' White's book, who was firmly a Wilkins man but has managed to move on.

Don't you dare call yourself an Albion fan. This is your usual Gulls Eye shit stirring. You never change do you? They have actually fallen for it too, and in a big way.

Ernest, take a leaf out of the Master's book.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I think that applies equally to Dean Wilkins doesn't it :lol:

Without knowing any of the facts and reasons it doesn't apply to Wilkins any more than it does to Knight.

My objection is to those who consider DK guilty of a dreadful crime against the club when they are ignorant of the facts.

Wilkins might have thoroughly deserved his sacking, but we don't KNOW that.

Knight's decision to sack Wilkins might have been totally unjustified, but we don't KNOW that.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
There are so many different points being debated in this thread that sometimes its hard to see the wood for the trees.

Was Wilkins treated shabbily ?

Of course he was and to argue against that is just ridiculous.

Do we have a better future with Adams at the helm ?

Thats a question that can only be answered at the end of the season (or perhaps Dick Knight in all his wisdom will give Adams 3 years to get above 7th place)
Neatly put, Questions.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You're right, but it's just as ridiculous to argue for it, if you don't know the reasons why the decision was made.

Do you know?

Only what Dick Knight has told us and that in my opinion was not a good enough reason to stop the good work Wilkins was doing.
If there are other reasons Knotty that we are ignorant of then thats Knights fault for failing to inform the fans of these details.
I suspect we have all the details we need to form our opinion on the Wilkins sacking though.

Unless Wilkins had the audacity to use Knights private toilet or something equally as sordid.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As has been said by many and I side with those in that I am not anti Adams in the same way that I as not anti Wilkins. I do feel that the common factor between both is possibly the cause or is at least partially to blame for our poor performances at home, ie Dean White. During our poor times under Wilkins people were calling for his head but for reasons best or only known to DK it was Wilkins who was sacked and now MA has returned the same is happening. It wuld appear that the entire board have got dodgy TVs and cannot therefore afford to get rid of White in case the TV goes wrong. We as mere supporters have to put up with poor performances and cannot be allowed to have a view that is against the established line. For anybody to argue with TLO is futile because everybody must realise that he backs the clubs decisions right or wrong and always backs the horse that is leading in the race even if it means changing in the last furlong.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Only what Dick Knight has told us and that in my opinion was not a good enough reason to stop the good work Wilkins was doing.
If there are other reasons Knotty that we are ignorant of then thats Knights fault for failing to inform the fans of these details.
I suspect we have all the details we need to form our opinion on the Wilkins sacking though.

Unless Wilkins had the audacity to use Knights private toilet or something equally as sordid.

Sorry but I don't think we know anywhere near enough to make a judgement either way. It was obviously nothing to do with results because DK said DW would have gone even if we had been promoted, so there were other issues.

There is no obligation on DK to inform the fans of the details. Surely employment matters are confidential unless both parties agree to make them public. I'd love to know but I certainly don't think we have a right to know.

If, one day, we do get to know the details, I might hate DK like many others on here, but until then I choose to keep an open mind and get on with supporting the club regardless of who is the chairman or the manager.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
There isn't an anti-Adams faction.

So why as of 6.00pm we have poll over the managers job which just over 57%of the people voting did so against Micky Adams?

Even by some of the protests instigated in my fanzine days its laughable, and to put the tin hat on it one poster on NSC claims he wants the late Alan Ball as the new manager (Surely it has to be a wind up?)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Sorry but I don't think we know anywhere near enough to make a judgement either way. It was obviously nothing to do with results because DK said DW would have gone even if we had been promoted, so there were other issues.

There is no obligation on DK to inform the fans of the details. Surely employment matters are confidential unless both parties agree to make them public. I'd love to know but I certainly don't think we have a right to know.

If, one day, we do get to know the details, I might hate DK like many others on here, but until then I choose to keep an open mind and get on with supporting the club regardless of who is the chairman or the manager.

You can of course have a chairman who fails to disclose certain details to protect certain parties or the club itself (unlikely in this instance) or you can have a chairman who intimates that something has happened that led to the sacking of a promising young manager but who will not tell you what that is and just says ..............

THATS ALL FOLKS

He is probably threatening Wilkins with the confidentiality bit as well........
though I know Wilkins is an honourable man who would do nothing to hurt this club by telling tales out of school.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here