Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the anti Adams faction........

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Not me. Mine is borne out of bitterness at the way he left the club, coupled with the fact that I don't rate him all that highly.

I accept that DW had to go, I just feel we could have appointed someone better than Micky Adams.

Who?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I loved Dean Wilkins and was delighted with the progess we were making.

I was disgusted at his treatment and sceptical of the motives for bringing Adams back.

However, I thought, if anyone has to replace Wilkins than it might as well be Micky.

Now though, with the football so much more direct than last season, dire home form, talented prospects being left out / loaned out, Mayo and Hart given contracts, Hawkins replacing Lynch / El Abd in defence, and the fact we have played a lot of poor teams leaves me miffed to the max.

I am not anti-Adams but I am anti-Brighton being shit.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
In what way was Dean White a Wilkins man?

He's worked under several managers.

Spot on.....

Harty that was bizaare, White wasnt a Wilkins man and Wilkins wasnt a White man.

They were thrown together thats all, not 'close' personally or professionally.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Borne out of loyalty to the memory of Dean Wilkins?

Nope I was pro McGhee to the end but fully supported Wilkins whilst here, I just don't think Adams is as good a manager as you do Harty. At the moment he is proving to be tactically pretty shit, let's hope he sorts it out quickly. It's not like he hasn't been given the money and the players is it?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Are you being serious? He's been in charge for 9 league games, of course he needs time.

Hasn't got long to turn it around?? Don't be ridiculous, we've got 37 league games left to play, that's absolutely plenty of time. A few wins in this league puts you in or around the play-offs.

I am being serious. He said we have to 15 home games to sustain a serious challenge for promotion. We now only have 18 home games left.

We havent won for 7 games, and although unlucky in the last couple of games, it is a hard habit to turn around. With some of the tough fixtures we have this month (Leeds, Peterborough, Leicester) it could in theory see us so far behind the play off zone, we cannot recover. We've got 6 points to make up as it is. I dont think that will happen, but it could.

Speaking from a personal point of view Ian, I expect to be entertained for my £400+ per season and I wasn't (by the Albion anyway) in any of the first four home league matches of the season. Neither did I see much evidence of tactical/positional nouse being displayed by the Albion bench, quite the opposite on some occasions. After all the pre-season enthusiasm it has just been so disappointing.
We play well at Crewe, put in a absolute belter against Man City and then go and put out a bizzarre line up against Northampton with four centre halves, including two in midfield, and get away with a very, very jammy point.
I didn't go last Saturday but it sounds like we were better although not brilliant defensively and played a centre half in wide midfield(?).
Comparisons with previous managers are futile and irrelevant imo. Dean Wilkins has gone, as have Maghee, Coppell, Taylor, Case, Cattlin, Bailey, Mullery, Saward, Goodwin, Macaulay etc etc. I've seen them all but Micky Adams is our manager now and he has my full support; however, I have yet to see, with my own eyes, whether and how he's is going to take us forward (as indicated by the board when MA was appointed) or if he's actually any good? As I said on your phone-in after the Orient shambles, the jury is out and nothing has changed with me since then.
Looking forward to re-visiting this subject next May but if we don't manage 69pts......................

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
My solution would be to make football more interactive like a TV quiz show. Every supporter would get a push button with which they could vote.

Micky would flash up on the big screen things like "shall I bring on a winger or defender" and everyone would get to vote. The majority decision would be adopted.

The crowd would then have to moan at themselves when things went wrong.

sammy

Aug 23, 2005
portslade
My solution would be to make football more interactive like a TV quiz show. Every supporter would get a push button with which they could vote.

Micky would flash up on the big screen things like "shall I bring on a winger or defender" and everyone would get to vote. The majority decision would be adopted.

Yes A very very good point

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

Which would be frequently.

Come come now Harty, this is a one-dimensional face on a point.

What about if no-one here had ever heard of Mickey Adams, with these results - after the board have given DW the big 'E'?
Face it, he's currently given LESS boos and derisive comment because of his previous glory, which actually shouldn't be pertinent to this tenure at all!

I'm not 'anti-Adams', I liked Wilkins, and I want MA to succeed. But his past time with us and without us don't mean a lot when taking the performances into account.

I wonder if YOU Harty, are influenced to support him because of his stance in getting behind us in rallies for Falmer?

They would tear into the player they voted 'on', if things went wrong. It would all get a lot more personal!

Italian football is already somewhat that way inclined, with crowds BAYING for Del Piero (for instance) to come on, then getting their way.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I still remain unconvinced in Adams.

Certainly the standard of football (overall) is no better, the constant "have to play Virgo wherever" is beginning to annoy me and the fact that he seems to have lost a bit of his passion as well.

Man City aside

2 out of 5

Must do BETTER. Remember Mr Knight and Adams less than 7th is FAILURE.

Exactly my thoughts on the matter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here