Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the anti Adams faction........

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
You could, if you overlook, as you have done, the fact that his best players were shown the door by DK in December and he had to rebuild the team again, and we very nearly made the playoffs.

So DK deliberately showed the door to our best players for fun, did he? No other reasons, just for fun to upset DW and the fans, and to make sure we didn't get promotion?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He was touted for youth team jobs at bigger clubs, and personally, I'm not surprised.

The thing I suspect Chapman was doing in his principled action/loyalty towards Wilkins over the club was that should Wilkins be offered another job - and I suspect he will be one day - Wilkins will have it in mind to offer Chapman a role at that club.
Very cynical.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So DK deliberately showed the door to our best players for fun, did he? No other reasons, just for fun to upset DW and the fans, and to make sure we didn't get promotion?

Irrelevant, you were suggesting that DW was doing as shit as Adams is doing now, in January. I was merely reminding you that we had lost our best players in December whilst on a very good run hence the problem

Adams has failed to improve the results having brought in a number of experienced players whilst displaying the tactical acumen of a poor Sunday league manager with favourites..imo.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I was gutted when Wilkins left, more the way he left. But I welcomed Adams in with open arms. But Saturday was the first time I blamed the manager for not getting the result we should have got.

All the other times, it was the players or official fault, this time it was Adams. But certainly not anti Adams

How can you blame Adams for the last minute equaliser? Surely I find the defence more realistic?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Very cynical.

Not at all.

ASSUMING these were the reasons Chapman decided to walk...

One, Wilkins would appreciate the loyalty.
Two, depending on their personal/professional relationship, it's something they could have fallen out over (possible - a wild guess that one)
Three, Chapman simply didn't want to work under Adams - or rather would have preferred to work with Wilkins, and obviously couldn't do so at Brighton now

Not cynical, just sensible.

However, these are assumptions, and of course, I don't know that anyone knows for sure.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Borne out of loyalty to the memory of Dean Wilkins?

If so why not take a leaf out of Dean '99 times out of ten' White's book, who was firmly a Wilkins man but has managed to move on.

Dean White a wilkins man - don't make me laugh - the only person he cares about is himself - he was too busy twisting the knife in wilkins back - still he probably really happy now with him micky and bob all in the dug out - i just wonder if Micky is as happy now as he was on the 8.5.08?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Irrelevant, you were suggesting that DW was doing as shit as Adams is doing now, in January. I was merely reminding you that we had lost our best players in December whilst on a very good run hence the problem

Adams has failed to improve the results having brought in a number of experienced players whilst displaying the tactical acumen of a poor Sunday league manager with favourites..imo.

Not quite true.

Improved away record - shit home record.

Sound familiar?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

But you didn't just say that we lost our best players - you pointed the finger at DK being to blame.

My overall point is that, at the moment you can't compare one to the other. I'm not sure you can do that at any stage because there were absolutely no guarantees of how well DW might have done this season. Could have been better or worse. We'll never know. Finishing 7th last season meant nothing for this, regardless of manager.

Frankly, Icy, I have no idea why Wilkins was sacked although I'd love to know. The board know why they sacked him and they are keeping that to themselves as they have a right to do.

Until and unless I do know I can't criticise either the board or DW. There has been plenty of speculation on NSC from both sides of the argument but nothing to convince me that any of it is the truth.

DW had plenty of critics at various stages last season but I wasn't one of them. As far as MA is concerned, I prefer to reserve my judgement until we're a lot deeper into the season.

D

Deleted member 2719

Dean White a wilkins man - don't make me laugh - the only person he cares about is himself - he was too busy twisting the knife in wilkins back - still he probably really happy now with him micky and bob all in the dug out - i just wonder if Micky is as happy now as he was on the 8.5.08?

Now that doesn't surprise me.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Heavens a-f***ing-bove. :thud:

So Wilkins' departure has the blood of Dean White all over it? And we all thought all he did was carry the board out to the dugout.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think this just proves my point. Adams is going to have to do significantly better than Wilkins before this debate goes away, or even cools down by the looks of things. The pro-Wilkins (or not-so-pro-Adams) brigade will continually point out that Wilkins rebuilt the team in January and got us from 17th to 7th in his first full season as a manager. It's no good people saying "Ah but it was his fault the team had to get rebuilt, and 7th wasn't really that good, more high mid-table than play-off material actually" - the fact is he did it.

Like I say, this debate ISN'T going to go away any time soon. I want it to, as it will mean Adams has pissed all over Wilkins' achievements as a manager. The fact we're still discussing it means, as has been pointed out by others, the jury's still out on whether the right decisons were made by the Board in the summer.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How can you blame Adams for the last minute equaliser? Surely I find the defence more realistic?

I entirely blame Adams for the equaliser due to the dreadful tactics once we went 3-2. We totally went into our shells and invited them onto us. El Abd & Fraser on, we tried to shut up shop against a team that had did not deserve to get a point.

D

Deleted member 2719

You obviously know exactly why Wilkins was sacked. We'd love to know.

I am afraid i have heard speculation like many others and i still haven't heard of a convincing reason that Wilkins should have left after 20years.

Maybe he told Dick he really should ditch the beard and glasses and stop hiding behind them!

D

Deleted member 2719

I want it to, as it will mean Adams has pissed all over Wilkins' achievements as a manager.

Even If Mickey does get us up this season it won't make me feel better because at the way Wilkins was treated.

It's my belief Dean would have carried on with his good work and none of this would been discussed and Knight would still be our saviour.

Why oh why Did knight lose his senses?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here