Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the anti Adams faction........

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Says who?

From what I saw last season I would have said they had a very close working relationship.

Allright I've got a debate going, and to be fair its a full and frank exchange of opinions, but the crux of the argument is that I cannot believe how many negative vibes there are about Micky so early into the season.

For the record I believe he is the right man for the job and he will suceed, if he doesn't no doubt there will be a queue of people to remind me of my stance, but if and when he does how many of his keyboard critics will sink without trace into their snorkel parkas?

Two different arguements going on here Ian. Polls taken after disappointing home results ( 5 in total) will get knee-jerk reactions.

But forgetting what happened to Wilkins is different. I still get narked when I think of how Cattlin was treated.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Which one are you Big Gully?

I dont think you are Bob Carden, are you perhaps Geoffrey Theobald?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
In DK's eyes Wilkins must have been guilty of something because he would not have sacked him for fun.

Knight has every right to sack any manager and not disclose anything. That is the prerogative of any employer. If you think that is a crime then he is guilty. I don't happen to think that's a crime. If the manager of your local pub or supemarket were sacked would you think it a crime if the owners didn't make public the reasons why?

If I knew the reasons, I might think it a crime too. But I don't know.

Knotty I`m going to have to let it go now, except to say that if the only reason Dean was sacked was because he did not have a high enough profile as Falmer approaches (tee hee - 3 and a half years to that from Deans departure) then I think that was a piss poor excuse and not a reaction worthy of this great club who I personally think are better than most of the shit out there who show no loyalty, respect or class when dealing with such matters.
I thought we were better than that but that incident proved me wrong.

Just wait till the day when we really arrive and you`ll see how quickly people of real loyalty and integrety can be shat on. We are no better than the Newcastle or the Spurs of this world who are daily vilified and ridiculed on here.

Thank f*** for that I`m knackered now.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Knotty I`m going to have to let it go now, except to say that if the only reason Dean was sacked was because he did not have a high enough profile as Falmer approaches (tee hee - 3 and a half years to that from Deans departure) then I think that was a piss poor excuse and not a reaction worthy of this great club who I personally think are better than most of the shit out there who show no loyalty, respect or class when dealing with such matters.
I thought we were better than that but that incident proved me wrong.

Just wait till the day when we really arrive and you`ll see how quickly people of real loyalty and integrety can be shat on. We are no better than the Newcastle or the Spurs of this world who are daily vilified and ridiculed on here.

Thank f*** for that I`m knackered now.

OK we'll have to agree to disagree.

I think that any thread on the Wilkins sacking should now be on a separate forum like Big Brother. Then we can ignore them.

So many words have been written on the subject by so many who know so little. And that includes me.

It's now very boring and it's history.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
OK we'll have to agree to disagree.

I think that any thead on the Wilkins sacking should now be on a separate forum like Big Brother.

So many words have been written on the subject by so many who know so little. And that includes me.

It's now very boring and it's history.

This is the first time I have ever commented on it strangely enough but never think anyone needs to have any insight or even any basic commonsense to comment on here......

I mean look at The Large One and Vegster on here to see that.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Is there any point getting behind anyone other than MA? I mean he's the manager like it or not. And amongst my 10 or so Seagull supporting mates, he's the man we all believe in if that straw poll is anything to go by.

Says who?

From what I saw last season I would have said they had a very close working relationship.

Allright I've got a debate going, and to be fair its a full and frank exchange of opinions, but the crux of the argument is that I cannot believe how many negative vibes there are about Micky so early into the season.

For the record I believe he is the right man for the job and he will suceed, if he doesn't no doubt there will be a queue of people to remind me of my stance, but if and when he does how many of his keyboard critics will sink without trace into their snorkel parkas?

Come come Harty, NSC doesn't take kindly to you starting things like this so you can feed off it - light the blue touch paper and stand back for the bang.
This is a forum where debate is the passtime, yet you don't really get involved enough with people's questions. That might be alright for your radio show, but we're not just your airtime-fodder now. :glare:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Cast your mind back to 9 games into last season. I remember some of the early games (Northampton at home, Gillingham away, Yeovil at home) and we were SHIT. You can't expect a team to be up and running at it's best by the end of September. I'd much rather we had an average start and got better than start on fire and tail off.

I always used to quite like Wilkins, but the question I used to ask myself was do I ever see Dean Wilkins being a promotion-winning manager? And the answer, 9 times out of 10, was no. I really don't think he had it mentally to instill confidence and belief in the players for 46 games. Sure, we'd have looked pretty in patches, but when things weren't going our way we'd look poor. In Micky, we have a WINNER, and we have someone who isn't afraid to change things when they're going wrong. Check out the way Robinson and Cox have been DUMPED already. Do you really think Wilkins would have done that? No, of course he wouldn't, so as a result of Micky being manager we've now got quality in Thornton, Savage, and Anyinsah that we could have only dreamed about a few weeks ago. Don't blame Micky for the mediocre start, it's down to the false picture that was painted at the end of last season when we had a little good run. Now he's realised this squad has HOLES all over it, we'll be fine, and when we're playing play-off matches come May there will finally be an end to this argument.

Not as bad argument mate but where do you stand with the Adam Virgo must play wherever?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
There are so many different points being debated in this thread that sometimes its hard to see the wood for the trees.

Was Wilkins treated shabbily ?

Of course he was and to argue against that is just ridiculous.

Do we have a better future with Adams at the helm ?

Thats a question that can only be answered at the end of the season (or perhaps Dick Knight in all his wisdom will give Adams 3 years to get above 7th place)

In a nutshell.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This is the first time I have ever commented on it strangely enough but never think anyone needs to have any insight or even any basic commonsense to comment on here......

I mean look at The Large One and Vegster on here to see that.

And this is why I too stay out of these arguments. I don't have a scooby what went on nor what should have happened. The only thing I asked (and got shot down for) was for asking why DW was allowed to let 10 players go rather than let MA make the decision.

I'm outta here

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Harty. Why don't you get MA on the show and ask him some of the questions that are coming from the doubters. It doesn't need to be too controversial, but many of us have serious concerns about Adam Virgo being undroppable, the style of play, substitutions, Joel Lynch etc etc. Why did it take so long to play Livermore in midfield?

You talk about polls - on Friday, 95% of Brighton fans voted against Adam Virgo starting in midfield, then he turns upon the right wing!

You're clearly pro MA and exasperated with the negativity. Help him out. Get him to field some of these questions, then maybe some of us can understand WTF is going on.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If my memory serves me well

when there was criticism of Wilkins you backed him 100% now because DK said he wasnt right for the club you have changed your view and are no slagging him off saying it was right for him to get the sack.

I was not anti Wilkins but believe as K said that MA would be a better bet to take us forward but like most on here I am not happy with our tactics and performances at home this season.

If for some bizarre reason DK decides to sack MA next week you will be on he saying that it is the right decision.

You are also putting two and two together and making five.

I have never slagged Dean Wilkins off, and you are wrong to claim I am.

I've never even said whether Dick was right or wrong to sack him, although if he was working against the club, I can understand Dick's reasoning.

Also, to be honest, I am sick of being deliberately misrepresented.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So do I and I make it one of my jobs to try and educate them along my merry way even if they sometimes become tiresome in their failure to grasp rudimentaries.

TLO lets go back to the start, and to make sure you are keeping up, tell me why DK sacked Wilkins. No dont give me your explanation about events tell me what DK`s reasons were.

I can allude to bits and pieces, but you want the story? Go back through NSC - because the story I have heard has been put on here already by others.

It's interesting you have a problem with Dick Knight saying nothing (implying a wall of silence), yet say nothing about Dean Wilkins saying nothing (implying a gagging order). I would suggest - without actually knowing, of course - that some kind of mutual confidentiality clause has been written into whatever settlement exists.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I can allude to bits and pieces, but you want the story? Go back through NSC - because the story I have heard has been put on here already by others.

It's interesting you have a problem with Dick Knight saying nothing (implying a wall of silence), yet say nothing about Dean Wilkins saying nothing (implying a gagging order). I would suggest - without actually knowing, of course - that some kind of mutual confidentiality clause has been written into whatever settlement exists.

Your last paragraph explains my position quite well TLO.
The only point I would make above that is that Dean Wilkins has made no asides or alluded to anything other than what is in the public domain. His position is clear and his statements centred only on his disappointments.
Knights holds something back or at least intimates of such.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You are also putting two and two together and making five.

I have never slagged Dean Wilkins off, and you are wrong to claim I am.

I've never even said whether Dick was right or wrong to sack him, although if he was working against the club, I can understand Dick's reasoning.

Also, to be honest, I am sick of being deliberately misrepresented.

Whilst it may be wrong to say that you have 'slagged' off Dean Wilkins your general attitude towards him has changed to that of him going from being the messiah to take us to Falmer to being one that agreed that he should have been sacked. Whether this is meant by you I do not know but that is how you come across on here as being in with the crowd possibly because of Radio Reverb and as such your word is gospel and everybody who disagrees is wrong.

I know, probably less than you, as to why he was actually sacked, as I am not a member of the inner circle of those in the know, but can only say what DK said at the fans forum that it was considered by the board and they felt that he was not the man to take us to Falmer, why I dont know.

As I have said earlier I believe that MA will turn it round but still do not like the general approach and performance shown at home matches.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Your last paragraph explains my position quite well TLO.
The only point I would make above that is that Dean Wilkins has made no asides or alluded to anything other than what is in the public domain. His position is clear and his statements centred only on his disappointments.
Knights holds something back or at least intimates of such.

And it could be that 'something' is not something especially positive about Wilkins, or himself, or the whole situation - or a whole new fabulous recipe for toast.

Of course Knight is holding something back.

It appears that it's none of our business.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
And it could be that 'something' is not something especially positive about Wilkins, or himself, or the whole situation - or a whole new fabulous recipe for toast.

Of course Knight is holding something back.

It appears that it's none of our business.

Do you think thats good then ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here