Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the anti Adams faction........

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Whilst it may be wrong to say that you have 'slagged' off Dean Wilkins your general attitude towards him has changed to that of him going from being the messiah to take us to Falmer to being one that agreed that he should have been sacked. Whether this is meant by you I do not know but that is how you come across on here as being in with the crowd possibly because of Radio Reverb and as such your word is gospel and everybody who disagrees is wrong.

I know, probably less than you, as to why he was actually sacked, as I am not a member of the inner circle of those in the know, but can only say what DK said at the fans forum that it was considered by the board and they felt that he was not the man to take us to Falmer, why I dont know.

As I have said earlier I believe that MA will turn it round but still do not like the general approach and performance shown at home matches.

I am getting SEVERELY pissed off with your misrepresentations, Brian.

My attitude is one of disappointment in Wilkins in hearing how he behaved. Before that, yes, I thought he was great, and, as a coach, I still do. I seriously wanted him to stay and work with Adams - I thought that would have been a brilliant combination.

I said it before Wilkins publicly made his mind up, and I stick by it now, although it's now academic.

And because I'm on Radio Reverb, my word is gospel, and people who disagree with me are wrong? What in the name of f*** are you on about? I offer opinions as a fan, just as you did on there.

You've been on there, does that make your word gospel as well?

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Do you think thats good then ?

Whether it's good or bad, that's not the point - it's still none of our business.

What I mean is - it evidently wasn't to do with his coaching qualities - Dick has alluded to that much. Therefore, unless you can think of anything else, it's more likely to do with internal issues.

If you'd like to make it yours or our business, ask Dick and let us know what he says.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Whether it's good or bad, that's not the point - it's still none of our business.

If you'd like to make it yours or our business, ask Dick and let us know what he says.

Thats a good idea TLO. Dick probably never thought that openess would appease any of us nosey parkers ,sticking our oar into things that dont concern us.
You never struck me as a cap dofter.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Thats a good idea TLO. Dick probably never thought that openess would appease any of us nosey parkers ,sticking our oar into things that dont concern us.
You never struck me as a cap doffer.

What I mean is - it evidently wasn't to do with his coaching qualities - Dick has alluded to that much. Therefore, unless you can think of anything else, it's more likely to do with internal issues.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am, I hope not misrepresenting you, but merely pointing out how this comes across on here, whether that be right or wrong. When I was on Radio Reverb and when I have been on the SCR phone in I gave a view of what my opinions was, that is not to say that I am right or wrong everytime. London Irish when he was on here was never wrong even if it was proved and I am sure that you would not wish to be seen in the same light as him.

Lighten up this is only a fans chat forum and if I saw you in a pub I would still talk to you and buy you a beer do not take it all to heart so much.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

But thats the whole point TLO, what internal issues ?

If Wilkins shat in Knights sandwhich box then I could understand a charge of something. He wasn`t the most charismatic boss we have ever had - unlike the charming and hilarious Coppell - but thats isnt a point worth debating is it ?

Anyway nighty night.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I am, I hope not misrepresenting you, but merely pointing out how this comes across on here, whether that be right or wrong. When I was on Radio Reverb and when I have been on the SCR phone in I gave a view of what my opinions was, that is not to say that I am right or wrong everytime. London Irish when he was on here was never wrong even if it was proved and I am sure that you would not wish to be seen in the same light as him.

Lighten up this is only a fans chat forum and if I saw you in a pub I would still talk to you and buy you a beer do not take it all to heart so much.

Stop talking shite about me then and I'll gratefully accept.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
But thats the whole point TLO, what internal issues ?

If Wilkins shat in Knights sandwhich box then I could understand a charge of something. He wasn`t the most charismatic boss we have ever had - unlike the charming and hilarious Coppell - but thats isnt a point worth debating is it ?

Anyway nighty night.

Do you want the club's internal issues to be made public?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
To kill this off it has been suggested that Wilkins took Hammond & O'Callaghan's side and backed them against the club. Only certain people know the truth and I am not one of them and possibly TLO isnt either.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Do you want the club's internal issues to be made public?

I would like to know the exact reasons why Knight got rid of Wilkins.
If it was that he did not think Dean was good enough then fine - a point he would be taken up on by most fans - but he dropped the asides of Deans behaviour around Christmas time and stated that that was when he put the noose around his own neck.
I dont think you are overly happy about the dismissal of Wilkins are you but you seem to think that Dick knows best on this. I dont believe that we should ever just let any chairman tell us that , ''Its an internal issue'' and keep quiet on these matters. Its all for debate isnt it.

Right now I AM going kip.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont think the question of being good enough as a coach etc came into it because DK said when pushed, that had we got promotion he would still have got the sack, so it was obviously the manner in which he conducted himself in other areas of his job than with the actual playing of matches.

I personnally do not think that it should be expected of DK to reveal the whys and wherefores of the sacking.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey 8 pages and still going strong. *piles in again* So Wilkins wasn't sacked for results reasons and even if we'd got promoted he would stll have got the bullet. Fair enough. But because we haven't heard the reason, other than whispers about the Hammond, Savage and O'c contract and transfer sagas, then Knight does come over a bit like bhadeb in reverse: "I know fings about Wilkins. Terrible fings. And if you all knew the truth like wot I do then you wouldn't fink sacking him was the wrong move. But I can't tell you what I know."

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Even by some of the protests instigated in my fanzine days its laughable,

Well, at the time, I actually thought Barry LLoyd was doing a good job under ridiculous circumstances, so it's not the 1st time I've disagreed with your opinion on an Albion manager :)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I would like to know the exact reasons why Knight got rid of Wilkins.
If it was that he did not think Dean was good enough then fine - a point he would be taken up on by most fans - but he dropped the asides of Deans behaviour around Christmas time and stated that that was when he put the noose around his own neck.
I dont think you are overly happy about the dismissal of Wilkins are you but you seem to think that Dick knows best on this. I dont believe that we should ever just let any chairman tell us that , ''Its an internal issue'' and keep quiet on these matters. Its all for debate isnt it.

Right now I AM going kip.

We'd all like to know why Knight removed Wilkins.

If I get this right, you're effectively saying that you do want internal disciplinary matters made public - like, for instance, the dropping from the first team (twice) last season of Dean Cox, which was also kept in-house. Sets a dangerous precedent.

All I would say is, there is a reason why this matter has not been made public, and the best one I can come up with is there exists a signed confidentiality statement.

Last edited:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Just because people vote, when angry, on a poll, that doesn't mean there's a faction. I'm certainly not anti-Adams but I could become so in the future. We at the Albion have twice seen poor managers at the begining of a season nearly blow us out of the water in recent years so maybe we are a bit trigger happy. But to claim there's a faction is a bit below you Harty.

For most people the jury is still out but MA has said himöself this next month is crucial..... if we still can't get wins by the time Savage and Thornton go then you might get your faction and a story.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I dont think the question of being good enough as a coach etc came into it because DK said when pushed, that had we got promotion he would still have got the sack, so it was obviously the manner in which he conducted himself in other areas of his job than with the actual playing of matches.

I personnally do not think that it should be expected of DK to reveal the whys and wherefores of the sacking.

That sums it all up perfectly.

We do not have the slightest right to know anything of what goes on internally in the club, particularly in employment matters. For all we know, the silence on the matter could be for DW's benefit in terms of future employment!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
How can you blame Adams for the last minute equaliser? Surely I find the defence more realistic?

Because it was obvious we would score if we tried, yet we didnt, and brought on load of defenders. We had 7 on the pitch at one point. We could have killed the game off. Instead we just sat back inviting a poor Cheltenham team to come out and attack us again and again. To me it was pretty obvious we were not going to hold out.

He played a clearely unfit Hawkins, which led to them scoring at least one of their goals.

He played Virgo at right midfield, when Cox, Loft, Robinson, Fraser would have been MUCH better than him. He put Anyinsah on the bench despite him not being fit to play.

He made poor substitutions, and the continual persistence to play Hawkins and Virgo is winding me up.

That is all

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
We'd all like to know why Knight removed Wilkins.

If I get this right, you're effectively saying that you do want internal disciplinary matters made public - like, for instance, the dropping from the first team (twice) last season of Dean Cox, which was also kept in-house. Sets a dangerous precedent.

All I would say is, there is a reason why this matter has not been made public, and the best one I can come up with is there exists a signed confidentiality statement.

Knight removed Wilkins because there was a breakdown in support for each other.

Wilkins was never DK's choice, he really didnt want him to take charge from day one, but was swayed by other board members.

The relationship was to worsen as Wilkins expected support in retaining and signing players he himself wanted to strengthen his squad and move the club, as Wilkins saw it forward.

DK was not going to allow this to happen and when Wilkins was unable to retain the services of Hammond, O'Callaghan and Savage, signings that Wilkins genuinely beleived could offer the club an opportunity to compete for promotion.

DK didnt offer that support, in fact positively acted against Wilkins wishes and Wilkins made it clear what he himself felt of DK actions.

Wilkins was angry very angry, this is where you either accept that Wilkins has every right to be angry and frustrated or you fall into the category that a manager cannot act in such a way to any Chairman.

There was really no way back one had to go and Chairman dont tend to sack themselves.

However results dictated that maybe just maybe DK had no option than to stick with Wilkins, how could a chairman ever sack a manager that was quite successful.

Easy, sack him, bring in an Albion legend in Adams, support him with bucket loads of money, money that dwarfs Wilkins demands back in December and encourage a whispering campaign to smear Wilkins and hope beyond hope that the Albion are successful.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Well the dozen or so teams above us are up and running better...

As were the 21 teams above Hull City in the Championship at this stage last season. What happened to them?

Not saying that Albion will do the same, just that positions at this time are fairly meaningless so speculation is a complete waste of time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here