Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the anti Adams faction........

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
They signed Frazier Campbell on loan...

I would suggest that if we are realistic about improving on last season we would have needed to make more of the relatively easy start we had to the season, especially with some very tough games coming up.

October is a difficult month - it would have been better to have some points in the bank.

Well the dozen or so teams above us are up and running better...

Possibly because they haven't hadmajor re-builds over the summer? I don't know if that is the case and I can't be bothered to do the research but I'm sure most of them haven't gone through the upheaval The Albion have since May.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
They signed Frazier Campbell on loan...

I would suggest that if we are realistic about improving on last season we would have needed to make more of the relatively easy start we had to the season, especially with some very tough games coming up.

October is a difficult month - it would have been better to have some points in the bank.

So no other clubs in that division signed anyone on loan?

Your glass is really nearly empty isn't it? Let's all give up now. Why don't we just write to the Football League and say that, as we've been so bad at the start of the season and lost 2 matches out of 9 (we'll ignore the 3 cup matches we've won), we see no point in carrying on so we'll cancel all the rest of our fixtures and accept relegation now?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
All that sort of reply does it try and undermine the arguments of people who have genuine concerns about the way we are playing and the direction this team is being taken in.

I can see positives - not least the continued emergance of Glenn Murray who I believe is the most talented striker we have had since Zamora.

However, only someone with very very low expectations would be happy with the start we have made and the manner in which we have made it.

I just worry we have played a lot of poor teams and not got the results a play-off chasing team should have.

Losing to nine man Walsall, drawing with ten man Cheltenham, leaking a late equaliser to Northampton and being dominated by them, drawing at home with a poor Orient side.

These are not the results of promotion hopefuls.

Fingers crossed things pick up, I just think were it any other manager people would be far more critical.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Possibly because they haven't hadmajor re-builds over the summer? I don't know if that is the case and I can't be bothered to do the research but I'm sure most of them haven't gone through the upheaval The Albion have since May.

Major rebuild? For what ever reason, the team is always pretty much the same as last year with 2 or 3 exceptions. Virgo and Hawkins.

Kuipers, Whing, Elphick, Richards, Thomson, Cox, Murray, Forster - here last year and featured heavily this season.

We signed Livermore, McLeod, Anyinsah who have hardly featured through injury. Hart and Mayo were also here last season too.

Slight additions but no major rebuild

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Losing to nine man Walsall, drawing with ten man Cheltenham, leaking a late equaliser to Northampton and being dominated by them, drawing at home with a poor Orient side.

I will stick my neck out and say its UNACCEPTABLE and SHIT quite frankly.

And as for Scunthorpe well obviously it was so bad people have FORGOTTEN.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

And yes I BLAME the manager. The team is wrong, the tactics wrong, the substitutions wrong. The STANDARD of football overall is very VERY poor.

CLUELESS.

DW was LEARNING his trade, ADAMS SHOULD know better.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
All that sort of reply does it try and undermine the arguments of people who have genuine concerns about the way we are playing and the direction this team is being taken in.

I can see positives - not least the continued emergance of Glenn Murray who I believe is the most talented striker we have had since Zamora.

However, only someone with very very low expectations would be happy with the start we have made and the manner in which we have made it.

I just worry we have played a lot of poor teams and not got the results a play-off chasing team should have.

Fingers crossed things pick up, I just think were it any other manager people would be far more critical.

I was not critical of Wilkins and I'm not of Adams. I certainly don't think MA is a legend or a superhero. I also don't think he is the devil incarnate as some seem to. If Wilkins were still the mamanger and we were in the same position,I wouldn't be calling for his head, either.

I don't like some of what I have seen this season either but we have only played 9 games and I would prefer to wait until much later to judge. In the last two home games I have seen us play a lot of decent football, but with two defensive cock-ups in the last one that cost us.

We are a third division team so both the players and the manager will make mistakes. How many mistakes we make will be the key to our season and I would prefer to wait a while longer before condemning us to the rubbish bin.

If I had the high expectations of some, I would have been a very depressed person in the last 50 years and would probably have slit my wrists by now!

Hopes are another matter and my hopes don't get any higher.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thing is knotty as I said earlier I forgave DW "mistakes" as he was learning his trade, he hadnt been a first team manager before.

Adams (in theory) is an experienced manager so I cut him no slack whatsoever.

He is f***ing up and he is being found out. In my opinion of course.

Would that be the NEEDLESS upheavel of a seventh place team?

So you know for a fact it was NEEDLESS do you? Maybe you can enlighten the rest of us? The fact is there are are only a very small number of people who really know the reason(s) Wilkins was fired. Are you one of them?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Knight removed Wilkins because there was a breakdown in support for each other.

Wilkins was never DK's choice, he really didnt want him to take charge from day one, but was swayed by other board members.

The relationship was to worsen as Wilkins expected support in retaining and signing players he himself wanted to strengthen his squad and move the club, as Wilkins saw it forward.

DK was not going to allow this to happen and when Wilkins was unable to retain the services of Hammond, O'Callaghan and Savage, signings that Wilkins genuinely beleived could offer the club an opportunity to compete for promotion.

DK didnt offer that support, in fact positively acted against Wilkins wishes and Wilkins made it clear what he himself felt of DK actions.

Wilkins was angry very angry, this is where you either accept that Wilkins has every right to be angry and frustrated or you fall into the category that a manager cannot act in such a way to any Chairman.

There was really no way back one had to go and Chairman dont tend to sack themselves.

However results dictated that maybe just maybe DK had no option than to stick with Wilkins, how could a chairman ever sack a manager that was quite successful.

Easy, sack him, bring in an Albion legend in Adams, support him with bucket loads of money, money that dwarfs Wilkins demands back in December and encourage a whispering campaign to smear Wilkins and hope beyond hope that the Albion are successful.

Interesting post that one. I've only ever considered DK's perspective on the allegations, not DWs'. Totally exaggerated and biased, but some interesting points none-the-less!

Poor old DK, nothing is going right at the moment for him is it?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Thing is knotty as I said earlier I forgave DW "mistakes" as he was learning his trade, he hadnt been a first team manager before.

Adams (in theory) is an experienced manager so I cut him no slack whatsoever.

He is f***ing up and he is being found out. In my opinion of course.

We'll see. I just think it is far too early to be condemning him to hell. Unlike some, I saw some good football in the last two home games and I remain optimistic that we'll continue the improvement.

I have always been optimistic about the Albion (although disappointed more often than not, of course!) and I will continue to be so. I hope for a lot but expect little - that's the only way I can enjoy supporting them. With the club's circumstances at the moment I see little basis for great expectations.

Slagging off chairmen, managers and players has never been on my agenda because I see it as all rather futile and the only person my 'anger' would affect is me. What's the point in that?

Maybe it's my age that makes me more philosophical about it. My motto for supporting the Albion has always been "We'll win next week!" although next week has sometimes been a long time coming!

Don't think I don't understand your feelings, but I just don't share them.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Interesting post that one. I've only ever considered DK's perspective on the allegations, not DWs'. Totally exaggerated and biased, but some interesting points none-the-less!

Poor old DK, nothing is going right at the moment for him is it?

Not exaggerated, really, biased maybe.

Yep, as I said in the post, I come down on the Wilkins view of things others might take the Chairman's side.

Mainly my view is born from the belief of what the outcome might of been on the field.

All successful clubs make good sound footballing decisions, this wasn't.

Character clashes have hurt us and cost us lots of money and while were at it, development of a once successful 'Academy' system is ignored.

Who knows where it will lead, but without success and promotion in the next two seasons we must conclude that it was a grave misjudgement from the club and one clearly that needn't of happened.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We'd all like to know why Knight removed Wilkins.

If I get this right, you're effectively saying that you do want internal disciplinary matters made public - like, for instance, the dropping from the first team (twice) last season of Dean Cox, which was also kept in-house. Sets a dangerous precedent.

All I would say is, there is a reason why this matter has not been made public, and the best one I can come up with is there exists a signed confidentiality statement.

Being dropped from the first team for a petulant show after being subbed is one thing, but being sacked for ......................?

There is a difference.

I agree though that a confidentiality clause might be in place, which would suite old trickie Dickie wouldn`t it.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Being dropped from the first team for a petulant show after being subbed is one thing, but being sacked for ......................?

There is a difference.

I agree though that a confidentiality clause might be in place, which would suite old trickie Dickie wouldn`t it.

Once again, it depends on the reasons..it might suit Dean too!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

If it was the 'Shitting in Dick`s sandwhich box'' rumour then definetly Knotty.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

A confidentiality clause is only one way and that is the manager is not allowed to talk about what went on.

Of course the club doesnt sign a confidentiality clause, why would they feel compelled to sign one but if they did they may well be in the High Court !!

DK comment that Wilkins was due to be sacked even if he got the team promoted, is pretty damning, as the offering to Reid, Hart and to a lesser extent Mayo their new deals, after they offered the local press a view on Wilkins man management skills.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I will stick my neck out and say its UNACCEPTABLE and SHIT quite frankly.

And as for Scunthorpe well obviously it was so bad people have FORGOTTEN.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

And yes I BLAME the manager. The team is wrong, the tactics wrong, the substitutions wrong. The STANDARD of football overall is very VERY poor.

CLUELESS.

DW was LEARNING his trade, ADAMS SHOULD know better.

I can see your point, BUT dont the crowed getting on the teams back playing a part in it? i doubt there is a team in the world that will play well with boos and that sort of thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here