Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

is poyet THICK?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
We are all allowed to make mistakes and Poyet did IMO, but the main thing is he learns by it

we havent got time for him to make mistakes and learn from them - today was a case of silly substitutiions chucking points away. something that when you are in a relegation battle you cant afford to do

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
What i want to know is why haven't we put out the same f***ing team we played against Southampton , not once since Southampton have we put that team out . I don't think Poyet knows what hes doing sub wise , takes our two most attackive players of with 30 odd minutes to go , hes basically inviting them to nick the win , why the f*** isn't Gary Dicker playing ? and so much for Poyet knowing how good Seb Carole is .

Do you honestly think that Hoyte and Whing are better than Calderon and Painter.
The defence has been much tighter since they have been here.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
I don't think it's fair to say bringing on Carole cost us the game. Changing our formation to 4-5-1 cost us the game.

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
oh well, at the end of the day were just not good enough for league 1, face the facts, even last season we were fighting to stay up, nothings changed has it.., its all well and good investing millions in a fancy new football ground, but how about investing in some proven quality players, instead of has beens etc !!!

When Gus took over and he was at the press do tony bloom said that he does not like the january window. What if thats the case and bloom has told him that he wont get any money till the close season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You really have it in for Kuipers, don't you? A slanting cross from a dead ball with their centre half unmarked at the far post, and it is the goalkeeper's fault. What coaching manual did you get that from!

I have not got anything against Kuipers and in fact said to Ben that since we signed Brezovan Kuipers has looked a lot better then he goes and lets a defender get to a ball that was in the 6yd box and he should have gone and at least punched away. It could be argued that he was unmarked but even so it was in the goalkeepers domain the six yard box. That and all balls in it irrespective of where they come from should be his. No training manual just basic common sense as he has all the advantages.

D

Deleted member 2719

Does Poyet's style remind anyone of Dean Wilkins? Seems to be a similar trend of the older players falling out of favour and some public disagreements. Maybe coaches really shouldn't become managers!

Or maybe senior Pros just get nervous about the fact their time clock is ticking and they just can't accept it.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I don't think Poyet is thick, he just loves tinkering when we're in the lead or drawing. Such as sending on three subs with thirty minutes left against Borient at home. Today was well a another bad move. 4-5-1 against a team who are top of the league. I don't understand why he brought off Lua Lua, because he was our main threat all game. Maybe that was due to a knock he picked up in the first half. He needs to stop changing tactics, because this effecting us.....

D

Deleted member 2719

we havent got time for him to make mistakes and learn from them - today was a case of silly substitutiions chucking points away. something that when you are in a relegation battle you cant afford to do

I agree time is against us but the only way to improve in life is by your mistakes and he will be on a learning curve like Wilkins was doing in his first season, i am sure Poyet will succeed, we do need to give him some leeway(sp) . After the next two matches we may not be in a better position but as long as we stay in touch i have faith in him to improve and keep us up.

Keep the Faith.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Lots of people on here must live in some sort of time-distorting sci-fi universe. Have just had to check the stats and confirmed Carole & Dicker came on after 60 mins.

This followed us being BATTERED for 15 mins. With the subs, we moved to 4-2-3-1. Dicker was centre of the 3. It made an immediate difference. We started cutting off Norwich in the middle third, and really got into the game again.

Didn't work out in the end following their substitution. Norwich's 32 had a great impact.

Surely this was a tactical battle that Gus lost. For criticism, sure. But get yr facts str8.

I'm more worried about Gus asking our players tobe innovative tactically. Not sure they're up to it. We played well against Orient and Hudds with a flat 4-4-2. Draw yr own conclusions.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
bringing on carole cost us the game. Bell end.

Why don't you grow up, you stupid little f***.

When Norwich go forward, they go forward with about eight players. Probably why they're top of the league. We're holding the top teams to a single goal difference at the moment. Which is some sort of progress, even if the points total doesn't reflect it.

Come back and have a pop when we've next gone down to a shit team. Like, say, Exeter. Then you may have a valid point.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
İbrahim Tatlıses;3351307 said:
Can't these people go support another club please?

As a Brighton fan I really could do without losing another manager because of such idiocy from our own fans.

Sorry Adolf, but no. People are allowed opinions arent they? So youre saying if people dont like Poyet then they shouldnt support Brighton? Rubbish. A lot of people never liked Poyet, why the hell would anyone? What has he done to prove hes good?

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford

When Norwich go forward, they go forward with about eight players. Probably why they're top of the league. We're holding the top teams to a single goal difference at the moment. Which is some sort of progress, even if the points total doesn't reflect it.

Come back and have a pop when we've next gone down to a shit team. Like, say, Exeter. Then you may have a valid point.

See you in 2 weeks then!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lots of people on here must live in some sort of time-distorting sci-fi universe. Have just had to check the stats and confirmed Carole & Dicker came on after 60 mins.

This followed us being BATTERED for 15 mins. With the subs, we moved to 4-2-3-1. Dicker was centre of the 3. It made an immediate difference. We started cutting off Norwich in the middle third, and really got into the game again.

Didn't work out in the end following their substitution. Norwich's 32 had a great impact.

Surely this was a tactical battle that Gus lost. For criticism, sure. But get yr facts str8.

/QUOTE]

At least somebody has got it right. Their No 32 Oli Johnson caused us problems when he played for Stockport earlier in the season at Withdean

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I think it's about time people looked at the performance of the players in the 2nd half - rather than heaping all the blame on GP. Why did we play so deep: inviting a side that scores goals for fun onto us for so long? I don't know whether I'm the only person who thinks this way, but I wasn't exactly surprised when they got the equaliser & then the second, quite frankly. Admittedly, the OGH & Carole substitutions were pretty bizarre like, but the damage was already done imo.

1-0, & we f***ed it up. :annoyed:

sotonseagull

Feb 8, 2008
southampton
I am a Poyet fan. However, there were a few errors in my opinion. Up until we changed to 4-5-1 not only were we in the game but winning and I felt we just might do it. Lua Lua - amazing signing, quick, fast and has a footballing brain.

There were still 30 odd minutes left, it was a negative tactic and one which surprised me as Poyet has often added another striker. This would have been fine with 10-15 mins left but not half hour still to play.

You just know that with this we were gonna be defending too deep for to long. Carole - certainly didn't do his rep (if any) much good, get rid.
BUT calling for poyets head - come on! taking things a bit too far there, end of!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Poyet subbed LuaLua because he was knackered, we'd been battered by Norwich for 20 mins or so, and so Poyet strengthened midfield. Nothing wrong with that decision.

You can spout bollocks about Poyet costing us the game if you like, but Murray missed a simple chance, and could have scored a couple more. Anyone of those go in and we'd have got a result.

If you are looking for someone to blame, blame Murray - he should have scored at least 1 today

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

Prick.
In case you haven't noticed, we're regularly going down to shit teams, even under Poyet. We're in a worse position now than when he took over.

I don't want him out, and I think we're playing football that's good to watch. Yes, it IS progress, to a certain extent. But you can't deny the facts. His selection and tactics were baffling on Tuesday, and today his substitutions an decisions were ridiculous, ultimately costing us the game.

We're at the stage now where we haven't got time for him to experiment - we need points on the board. And throwing on Seb Carole (who shouldn't even be on the payroll anyway) when we're hanging on to a lead is total suicide.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Poyet subbed LuaLua because he was knackered, we'd been battered by Norwich for 20 mins or so, and so Poyet strengthened midfield. Nothing wrong with that decision.

You can spout bollocks about Poyet costing us the game if you like, but Murray missed a simple chance, and could have scored a couple more. Anyone of those go in and we'd have got a result.

If you are looking for someone to blame, blame Murray - he should have scored at least 1 today

Why? Blame Murray for brilliant defending? :US:

Lua Lua was knackered - the decision to take him off was right.

But, Holroyd was getting ruined by their big centre backs. other than creating the Murray chance, he was bullied all game. Dickinson should have come on for him - a bit of physical presence in the side.

Instead, we totally change shape, Bennett was moved into a ridiculous position, and we totally fell apart, with both attacks that we conceded from coming from areas Carole should have been in.

Basic stuff. Shit decisions by Poyet.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Prick.
In case you haven't noticed, we're regularly going down to shit teams, even under Poyet. We're in a worse position now than when he took over.

You are very myopic. Do remember that, since Poyet took over, we have played Norwich (twice), Leeds, Charlton, Huddersfield, Millwall and Swindon. Six teams going great guns at the top of the table.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here