Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

is poyet THICK?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im afraid to say Poyet cost us the game with those substitutions.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
hmmm, didnt go today, but it sounded like we got battered for 90 minutes and it was only a matter of time before Norwich scored.

We don't have the players to compete with teams as good as Norwich.

We had the upper hand until the stupid substitutions were made. Carole on for Lua Lua was a ridiculous decision. Our shape, work rate and play were superb up until we made these daft changes.

We did not get battered for 90 minutes either. Norwich stepped up the pace when we weakened our lineup. Up until then, Albion were by far the better team.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
carole is rubbish, why he was brought back is anyone guess... and Poyet lost us the game. BUT... mistakes are made at this level. We are still in a position we should stay up from. BELIEVE!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
poyet must go now, resign you knob head, and for leaving our top scorer out the team you want f***ing locking up poyet, another useless, has never been, complete waste space manager we have inherited,, what a f***ing shambles.. hold your head in shame you twat !!!

Yeah and if we'd held on for another 10 mins he would have been a saint! We played well against a very good side! I didn't agree with the subs either (Cox should be on the bench rather than Carole) but we are a better team under Gus!

Jordy

Exiled Seagull
Dec 1, 2009
Yeah and if we'd held on for another 10 mins he would have been a saint! We played well against a very good side! I didn't agree with the subs either (Cox should be on the bench rather than Carole) but we are a better team under Gus!
Bang on!! We can all moan, which is understandable considering the nice position we found ourselves in with 80mins on the clock, but did anyone really expect anything before the game?

Norwich are a good side, and unless disaster strikes, are dead certs for going up, so to be so frustrated at losing the way we did just shows that we not in as much trouble as some seem to think we are.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Bringing on Carole was a joke decision. I don't care if Poyet knew him at Leeds, he needs to learn quickly that he is a spent force. Inexcusable to still be bringing him on when he contributes nothing attacking and has already shown he is a liability defensively.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Lualua is not 100% match fit, he was probably taken off due to being knackered, or so he wouldn't get injured. My problem is why Cox wasn't even in the squad, nevermind that he should have been sub for Lualua :facepalm:

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
should have been Dicker for Murray and pushed LuaLua up. Those CB wouldn't have had a chance against the pace of them two :nono:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot believe what I am reading. Bringing on both Dicker and Carole relieved the pressure on our midfield and allowed us to go forward again so those substitutions worked. The strange one was getting OGH ready when it was 1-1 and even more so bringing him on when we were 2 - 1 down he is now well past the mark for a pro footballer. Dickenson would have been a better sub if chasing a goal or better still Forster. Tony Bloom has to knock both GP and NF heads together and get an amicable solution. He would have been an ideal sub.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I'm worried at the implication of Poyet playing his own player rather than Cox who was already at the club. There is absolutely no way that Carole is a better player and Poyet should be seeing this regardless of whether Cox was at Leeds with him.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Carole is a clown , simple as. Shite subs today but we were always likely to buckle. How we needed both Murray off the lines to go in. It has to change for us. It will get worse with the next 2 games but then we can attack it.

We wont go down

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake

Can't disagree. Poyet messed up in style today but with a bit of luck we would not only have held out but won by 2 clear goals.
Carole must not be paid for another week and I'm afraid Hart's had his time. Lua Lua had no match fitness but have huge confidence in him - he looks like he could take the defenders in this division to pieces.
Do we look like relegation potentials - do we hell. Keep the faith.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Poyet cost us the game, with the change of formation it gave Norwich the upper hand and isolated Murray he was scaring the shit out of them. As for bringing on Hart instead of Dickinson as much as I respect Hart he will run and chase all day but in no way is he going to get us a goal. Back to the drawing board as far as substitutions go but in no way can Carole be blamed for the last 15 minutes

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
Poyet is a gambler, he is trying different things all the time. Hopefully he will now recognise that Carole (and OGH IM afraid to say) are both busted flushes and that neither will play again unless we have an epic injury crisis.

On the POSITIVE side, Holroyd made a very good contribution and should be able to play well with Murray, Virgo and Elphiock both looked better than they have recently. We MUST play more on the floor with speed like we did in the first half. That is the tactic that will keep us up.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I cannot believe what I am reading. Bringing on both Dicker and Carole relieved the pressure on our midfield and allowed us to go forward again so those substitutions worked. The strange one was getting OGH ready when it was 1-1 and even more so bringing him on when we were 2 - 1 down he is now well past the mark for a pro footballer. Dickenson would have been a better sub if chasing a goal or better still Forster. Tony Bloom has to knock both GP and NF heads together and get an amicable solution. He would have been an ideal sub.

Yes it did relieve the pressure - Norwich were pressing hard the 15 mins before the subs. However the problem wasn't changing formation it was putting on Carole - he offered us nothing going forward and can not defend.

Poor decision - and it did cost us the game.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I also think that Carole cost us the game. We were coping before that.

WHEN you are winning, you DON'T put on Carole, against the best winger in the league.

Will Carole run at tired legs? No
Will Carole double up with the fullback and get stuck in defensively? No

So why do you play Carole when you are holding on to a lead?!

Awful decision and should ave been Hart on. Said as soon as he was on that we'd lose.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
Notwithstanding the fact that he has never been a tackler, a bloke on a week to week contract is not going to dive in for fear of being injured.

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
hang on hang on, before you start slating me, why carnt you just accept the facts and live in the real world, not won at home since oct, poyet buys back a player named carole. who we got shot of cause he was no good, yet mr know all poyet says the guys better now .. yeah right !!!! poyet drops our top scorer,, plays hart who s well well past his sell by date, and takes hoydold off (whoever you call him ) and brings carole on, whos done zilt since being here, and were back in bottom 4, staring league 2 in the face, im sorry but poyet is no good tactics wise and manger wise... anyone who thinks diff is just a complete muppet...

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Should of put dickinson on. He cost us the game today, not like gus to be that stupid.
On an unrelated positive note I saw the first goal of my half season ticket today. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here