Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

is poyet THICK?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
You are very myopic. Do remember that, since Poyet took over, we have played Norwich (twice), Leeds, Charlton, Huddersfield, Millwall and Swindon. Six teams going great guns at the top of the table.

And we've taken 1 point from all of those games. I agree they're all tough games but we should be looking to do a bit better than that.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The game was lost because we did not take our chances, and on two specific occasions did not defend well.

Carole did not close down and we let a man run along the dead ball line.

Then Kuipers did not come for a cross that was headed in from about 4 yards. At that point you come for the ball and clear everything in your path.

It was not a good decision to bring Carole on. But that is life as a manager.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Why? Blame Murray for brilliant defending? :US:

Lua Lua was knackered - the decision to take him off was right.

But, Holroyd was getting ruined by their big centre backs. other than creating the Murray chance, he was bullied all game. Dickinson should have come on for him - a bit of physical presence in the side.

Instead, we totally change shape, Bennett was moved into a ridiculous position, and we totally fell apart, with both attacks that we conceded from coming from areas Carole should have been in.

Basic stuff. Shit decisions by Poyet.

I think you spoiled your argument a little there by describing Dickinson as a "physical presence". He NEVER wins headers and falls over non-stop. He's the limpest piece of shit I've ever seen in a Brighton shirt. I'm sure he's a lovely guy an' that, but words can't describe how much I hate him as a footballer.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
hmmm, didnt go today, but it sounded like we got battered for 90 minutes and it was only a matter of time before Norwich scored.

We don't have the players to compete with teams as good as Norwich.

Official stats for the match
Brighton Norwich
Goals 1 2
Possession 55% 45%
Shots on target 4 3
Shots off target 3 6
Corners 4 6
Fouls 15 12

Does that sound like a battering by the team who are, after all, top of the league? especially from a team that was behind and therefore chasing the game and pushing for a goal.

Shows just how much of an over reaction their is to our defeat today and just how much negativity there is when it isn't justified! We played bloody well and were very unlucky to get nothing from the game, we will win these types of games against mid table teams etc, have faith.

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
poyet must go now, resign you knob head, and for leaving our top scorer out the team you want f***ing locking up poyet, another useless, has never been, complete waste space manager we have inherited,, what a f***ing shambles.. hold your head in shame you twat !!!

Tosser

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Why? Blame Murray for brilliant defending? :US:

Lua Lua was knackered - the decision to take him off was right.

But, Holroyd was getting ruined by their big centre backs. other than creating the Murray chance, he was bullied all game. Dickinson should have come on for him - a bit of physical presence in the side.

Instead, we totally change shape, Bennett was moved into a ridiculous position, and we totally fell apart, with both attacks that we conceded from coming from areas Carole should have been in.Basic stuff. Shit decisions by Poyet.

But Lua Lua was often awol from is wide position, allowing the Norwich widemen room to attack down this flank, wheres your criticism of him for that? is do you only try to pick fault in things when we conceed or lose? Its very harsh to say that Carole being on the pitch was to blame for our conceeding 2 goals.

One was from a very dubious free kick award from a ref who seems to be overdue a visit Specsavers which may have helped him to spot any infringements by Norwich players (of which there were many which went unpunished) and the second came from good wing play were their player went past 2 players (Calderon def and Crofts?) before crossing and despite our blocking their first effort the rebound fell nicely to one of their players whose shot deflected in off the bar for close range, How were either Caroles fault???

To me its pathetic to be picking this performance apart looking for people to blame and making them out as a scapegoat for our defeat, we played bloody well, deserved something from the match but we lost a good game to a team that are top of the table for a reason

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I don't deny he defended well today, but he is paid to score goals, and he missed a sitter

I was getting at the fact that it was brilliant defending that prevented him from scoring - not a 'sitter' missed. He hit the target and was unlucky not to score.

vitusvivi

May 30, 2008
Murray has won us matches this season. He is quality no doubt. Dickinson has failed to win us ANYTHING. I think one of his goals meant we drew 3-3 against some rubbish side...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Lots of people on here must live in some sort of time-distorting sci-fi universe. Have just had to check the stats and confirmed Carole & Dicker came on after 60 mins.

This followed us being BATTERED for 15 mins. With the subs, we moved to 4-2-3-1. Dicker was centre of the 3. It made an immediate difference. We started cutting off Norwich in the middle third, and really got into the game again.

Didn't work out in the end following their substitution. Norwich's 32 had a great impact.

Surely this was a tactical battle that Gus lost. For criticism, sure. But get yr facts str8.

I'm more worried about Gus asking our players tobe innovative tactically. Not sure they're up to it. We played well against Orient and Hudds with a flat 4-4-2. Draw yr own conclusions.
I agree with most of what you said, we picked up after the change initially even though Carole was crap. What lost us the game was the fact they can throw on players like Johnson and McNamee from the bench.
I disagree with some of what Poyet's doing, the decisions to bring on Hart and Carole were odd, there seems to be no consistency behind his thinking with the forwards at the moment, Dicker must play (in the middle), and I can't see why he's freezing out good players like Cox and McNulty. BUT none of that is why we lost yesterday. Sometimes teams are just better than us. :shrug:

Feb 14, 2010
I wish I was so funny to post things like "is a manager that has not had one summer transfer window to build a team and so is doing his best with Adams/Slade's rubbish signings thick" just to be ironic and get a reaction. You should be on the radio with ironic humour like that.

foul old ron

I'll decide, thank you.
Feb 26, 2009
Round the back, by the bins.
I can't understand some of you on here. For the last couple of seasons we have played crap, boring football and I often left Withdean wondering why I bother going. Since Poyet has come in we are playing some good, exciting stuff and I now leave wondering how we didn't win and looking forward to the next game. Plus, the last 2 games we have nearly had an atmosphere! Ok, we're still in trouble but we will get out of it.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
The end product is that we were done by an individual mistake by a player that no manager can account for. Stand up and be counted Kuipers, who should have claimed the ball for the 2nd goal. It was his to claim but he failed and just stayed on his line.
I don't always agree with what you post, but you are bang on here. That ball was in the air for what seemed like ages and Doherty headed it from inside the 6 yard box as far as I could see - a nailed on keeper's ball. I'm sure Kuipers used to come out for those sort of balls a lot more but he seems to stay on his line a lot more these days - but for a big keeper Brezovan is no better here either. Bit strong to blame either Poyet or Carole for the keeper not coming for a cross, but then that wouldn't be the fashion, would it now

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
Why don't you f*** off then?

i ave mate, support a far better team now, that actually win games regular, dont employ donkeys as managers , dont charge RIP OFF prices to watch em, get a good atmosphere at home, unlike the wankdean, full of death warmed up zombies, in most parts of the ground, ok so falmer, big deal, could be in the confrence by then,, then whats gonna happen a ??? white elephant ??? come on lads, live in the real world, stop kidding yerselfs all s going well, and will end well, disaster is awaiting ...season after season, struggling to stay up, well majority of seasons anyway...anyway i rest my case!!! if youy dont like to hear the facts, well thats tough im afraid !!!!:thumbsup:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
i ave mate, support a far better team now, that actually win games regular, dont employ donkeys as managers , dont charge RIP OFF prices to watch em, get a good atmosphere at home, unlike the wankdean, full of death warmed up zombies, in most parts of the ground, ok so falmer, big deal, could be in the confrence by then,, then whats gonna happen a ??? white elephant ??? come on lads, live in the real world, stop kidding yerselfs all s going well, and will end well, disaster is awaiting ...season after season, struggling to stay up, well majority of seasons anyway...anyway i rest my case!!! if youy dont like to hear the facts, well thats tough im afraid !!!!:thumbsup:

That shows exactly how good and loyal supporter you are. You are obviously prepared to support your team through thick and thin well done!!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I hope you're happy Withdean Wanderer, this thread has given Andy Naylor basis for another of his badly argued, badly written "opinion pieces". I don't understand why he doesn't reply to posts ON HERE rather than through The Argus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here