Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

is poyet THICK?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
i ave mate, support a far better team now, that actually win games regular, dont employ donkeys as managers , dont charge RIP OFF prices to watch em, get a good atmosphere at home, unlike the wankdean, full of death warmed up zombies, in most parts of the ground, ok so falmer, big deal, could be in the confrence by then,, then whats gonna happen a ??? white elephant ??? come on lads, live in the real world, stop kidding yerselfs all s going well, and will end well, disaster is awaiting ...season after season, struggling to stay up, well majority of seasons anyway...anyway i rest my case!!! if youy dont like to hear the facts, well thats tough im afraid !!!!:thumbsup:

Are you the Crawley supporting 'Wide Guy'?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I hope you're happy Withdean Wanderer, this thread has given Andy Naylor basis for another of his badly argued, badly written "opinion pieces". I don't understand why he doesn't reply to posts ON HERE rather than through The Argus.

It would require some imagination to think up a username and password.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I hope you're happy Withdean Wanderer, this thread has given Andy Naylor basis for another of his badly argued, badly written "opinion pieces". I don't understand why he doesn't reply to posts ON HERE rather than through The Argus.

Bit disappointed with that to be honest.

Not really sure what he means by "getting restless", but he implies that fans aren't impressed with Poyet. Don't think that's the case - I think even the "minority" accept we're playing much better football and that things are going to take time.

Frustrated that we're in a relegation battle and have to accept mistakes from a rookie manager - yes. Annoyed in the heat of the moment having watched a good performance spoilt in the last ten minutes - yes.

Wanting Poyet out? Nope!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Bit disappointed with that to be honest.

Not really sure what he means by "getting restless", but he implies that fans aren't impressed with Poyet. Don't think that's the case - I think even the "minority" accept we're playing much better football and that things are going to take time.

Frustrated that we're in a relegation battle and have to accept mistakes from a rookie manager - yes. Annoyed in the heat of the moment having watched a good performance spoilt in the last ten minutes - yes.

Wanting Poyet out? Nope!

I agree with that - SUnday night and I am still angry about Saturday - I hope Poyet is even more angry than me - hard to imagine how he can be but we need passion.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I've been questioning Poyet's tactics since Swindon. Bennett was all over their left back, absolutely all over him and getting balls in the box. Then he gets shifted to right back and we weren't so much on top anymore. It backfired badly. I've not been impressed by Poyet's tactics since he arrived here, and I haven't ever said otherwise.

I don't think he's "thick" though, far from it. Expecting too much? Deffinitely. But this is his team now, he'll do what he wants with it and that's the same with any manager. Hopefully, he'll get it right before long and we'll stay up. Exeter away was a crucial game, we won 1-0. Orient away was a crucial game and we drew 1-1 (unlucky not to win). Norwich at home was a bonus game, and we nearly got something. Exeter at home in a couple of weeks is a massive game, we'll judge him on that.

never wrong dave

Jul 20, 2008
oh well, at the end of the day were just not good enough for league 1, face the facts, even last season we were fighting to stay up, nothings changed has it.., its all well and good investing millions in a fancy new football ground, but how about investing in some proven quality players, instead of has beens etc !!!

Such a spot on post.You said it all my son.Thank you.:US:

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
The reasons we lost the game:
1) Murray missed good opportunities to score at withdean for the first time in months yet again.
2) Lua Lua didnt show up at all in the 2nd half, if hed played like he did in the 1st, it would have made a difference but he prob wasnt fit
3) Carole - Not good enough at tracking back and even worse going forward, cos he doesnt, he always wants to play it back, doesnt get the crosses in, cant shoot etc useless, but gus shouldnt have brought him on, especially after tuesday nights piss poor performance.
4) Elphick is not consistent/good enough, he is for some games but not others, Virgo saved him in the 1st half from himself when he went to sleep and they nearly scored but he didnt learn from it in the 2nd half.
5) Kuipers hardly ever comes off his line when the balls sailing into the 6 yrd box. For fucks sake, Michel, how many times does it have to happen b4 you change your ways, are you frightened of dropping it or something, successive managers have not addressed this problem with Kuipers and it needs sorting out.
6) Gus didnt bring on El-abd or dickinson to defend, mark out Hoolihan for the last 15 mins to see the game out, a la Micky Adams, cos thats what we needed, instead we got hart, too late, who was presumably told to go upfront??

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
5) Kuipers hardly ever comes off his line when the balls sailing into the 6 yrd box. For fucks sake, Michel, how many times does it have to happen b4 you change your ways, are you frightened of dropping it or something, successive managers have not addressed this problem with Kuipers and it needs sorting out.

He doesn't need to catch it. Punch the flaming thing - and anything else that gets in the way.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
i ave mate, support a far better team now, that actually win games regular, dont employ donkeys as managers , dont charge RIP OFF prices to watch em, get a good atmosphere at home, unlike the wankdean, full of death warmed up zombies, in most parts of the ground, ok so falmer, big deal, could be in the confrence by then,, then whats gonna happen a ??? white elephant ??? come on lads, live in the real world, stop kidding yerselfs all s going well, and will end well, disaster is awaiting ...season after season, struggling to stay up, well majority of seasons anyway...anyway i rest my case!!! if youy dont like to hear the facts, well thats tough im afraid

Excellent. What criteria did you use for selecting your new team ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

100% right. Couldn't believe the Argus articles - that's bollox Naylor. The majority on here are right behind gus and the team and know he's here for the long run. Poyet will make mistakes like everyone - there's no doubt in my mind he's an excellent manager and taking us places...

WW - you're an idiot

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

In answer to the title of the thread - no he blindingly isn't

However it could be argued he is too clever for the calibre of player we have at this level.

GP appears a very deep thoughtful person. He knows more about football than most and yet in recent weeks some of his decisions have seemed a little unusual. Seb Carole for one and there are others.

He will be judged on results and so far he isn't winning the argument. I personaly thought Slade was doing an ok job and was perhaps more suited for our current level of football.

The GP post match interview was not one of his best and although he was complaining about the players, it was those players he chose that didn't do what they should have done. Perhaps GP needs to reassess his style of management and adapt it to where he is and not where he wants to be.

Perhaps he should also consider using more home grown resources than loan players who may not be as up for the fight ahead which is surely now beginning.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Official stats for the match
Brighton Norwich
Goals 1 2
Possession 55% 45%
Shots on target 4 3
Shots off target 3 6
Corners 4 6
Fouls 15 12

Does that sound like a battering by the team who are, after all, top of the league? especially from a team that was behind and therefore chasing the game and pushing for a goal.

Shows just how much of an over reaction their is to our defeat today and just how much negativity there is when it isn't justified! We played bloody well and were very unlucky to get nothing from the game, we will win these types of games against mid table teams etc, have faith.

There's only 1 stat that matters - BRIGHTON 1-2 NORWICH - Meaning Brighton pick up 0 points and drop back into the relegation zone

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Are you the Crawley supporting 'Wide Guy'?

no sorry son :(

Well I'm confused too, BoF...

Posted by Simon195 on 23-11-09
well after almost 4 yrs service was sacked for conduct... hence no notice money paid, i had one verbal warning..and failing to move forward ...

Posted by Wideguy on 14-10-09...

i was sacked for conduct and failing to move forward...after 4 yrs service..had 1 verbal previously... employer is refusing to pay me any notice pay..saying they dont have to as they terminated my employment...

Your witness, BoF.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here