Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Peter Taylor finally getting found out?

Simster said:
Rubbish. Hull were upwardly mobile in a new 24,000 all seater stadium and he inherited a Brighton side sitting 2nd in the league with Zamora up front. There were expectations at both clubs.

Regarding Taylor, some Albion fans have memories of goldfish. Taylor did *not* turn an Adams team of 6-goals-a-game entertainers into 1-0 to the Albion bores. We demolished some good sides under Taylor. Even when we lost Zamora, we barely struggled - we crushed Colchester 4-1 away from home towards the end of the season.

However, he had no money at Albion - which is a good thing, since he doesn't seem to have a clue what to do with any money he's given. Good club coach though.

I agree, hart, Brooker both developed under Taylor. I can only really think of one game where he pissed me really off and that was the one away to Swindon.

I can also remember some bad tactical judgements by Adams, 5 defenders at Cheltenham when we were rolling teams over.

He is a good lower league manager and obviously a great coach.

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Am I the only one who took an unhealthy amount of pleasure in Ipswich's 5-0 Sunday result sending Palarse one place closer to the drop zone?

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Perry Milkins said:
Mr Morrison I was showing my appreciation of the terms 'Pantos Hottos' addressed to Mr SJLM.

Who is this bloke Rowan?

:clap: He's a she mate and she's in 'The Wicker Man'

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Isn't it just a case of replacing Johnson and they should ROCKET back up the league?

Last edited:

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Glory Hunter (nothing wrong with that in essence) its just that he hasn't really got the talent to create that glory. He looks to be appointed by clubs that either already have a great team for the division they are playing in, or those that have a bit of cash to spend. Personally I think he's a bit of a knob, and both him and palarse deserve each other.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Ian Bairds Fist said:
He spent the £23m at Leicester wisely ;)

Which is, fair to say, the only real black mark against him - I'm not convinced Kuqi or Scowcroft represented decent signings. However, just about every bit of evidence thusfar indicates he's a fantastic coach, who does very well at getting the best out of what he's got.

Some Albion fans are just comically bitter.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
TonyW said:
Glory Hunter (nothing wrong with that in essence) its just that he hasn't really got the talent to create that glory. He looks to be appointed by clubs that either already have a great team for the division they are playing in, or those that have a bit of cash to spend. Personally I think he's a bit of a knob, and both him and palarse deserve each other.

Thanks for that Tone that was a fascinating insight!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here