Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Peter Taylor finally getting found out?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Your absolutely right of course Icy, Leicester getting relegated that season was down to the 8 games Taylor had in charge AND NOT the 30 games Bassett and Adams had in charge likewise Albions championship was down to the 12 games Adams had in charge AND NOT the 34 games Taylor had in charge :dunce: :dunce: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :nono: :nono: :nono: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :shootself :shootself :shootself :shootself

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Uncle Spielberg said:
Your absolutely right of course Icy, Leicester getting relegated that season was down to the 8 games Taylor had in charge AND NOT the 30 games Bassett and Adams had in charge likewise Albions championship was down to the 12 games Adams had in charge AND NOT the 34 games Taylor had in charge :dunce: :dunce: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :nono: :nono: :nono: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :shootself :shootself :shootself :shootself

His last 18 games in charge of Leicester brought 2 wins and 14 defeats. The main point is that he pushed the club towards administration with callous signings! How difficult is that to understand! I couldn't care less how Bassett and Adams did after that. I am judging Taylor on his spell at Leicester alone.

If Bassett was included in this argument, then we would have to discuss whether he is a good manager. What job did he do after he got the sack???

Good coach, but poor manager.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Barrel of Fun said:

Good coach, but poor manager.

His managerial record says otherwise, twist it anyway you like.

He does seem to be having ablimp at the moment though..shame :lolol:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Caveman said:
You know what SJ's Lovemonkey you are one of the nicest scummers I have ever come across.

Wouldn't catch me talking to the DIRTY FILTHY BELLY DRAGGING SCUM BAG :jester:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Icy Gull said:
His managerial record says otherwise, twist it anyway you like.

He does seem to be having ablimp at the moment though..shame :lolol:

I still feel that his two previous jobs before Palace, the Hull & Brighton stints were somewhat flattering. A huge budget (relatively) and a decent team with an outstanding goalscorer, respectively.

He is beginning to show his true colours (again) at Palace. Wasteful signings with expensive price tags thus far, although perhaps very harsh to judge him after only 15 games.

It is a crying shame though, I agree. :D

I think he is a good manager, just look at how another good (but young) manager like Phil Parkinson is struggling with the same resources.

Re. his current spell at Palace, there is probably more to this than meets the eye, with Jordan f***ing up things behind the scenes with his mood swings and bollockings, just like he did with Dowie.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Barrel of Fun said:

I really can't be arsed to put his case anymore as he seems to be doing a brilliant job in trying to get the scum relegated and that is far more important than anything else to do with him at the moment :lol:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Uncle Buck said:
Coppell was just Palace? What does that make Taylor? He made his name at Palace and is now managing them.

Yeah but when he was our manager he was just another bloke that had played for Palace unlike Cop out who was one of their most succesful ever managers and one that their fans knew was Palace through & through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here