Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Peter Taylor finally getting found out?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
brighton rock said:
to be fair to taylor he has taken over one of the pooest palace squads i has seen in years,the same squad was poor last season as well and the few good players who did a good job have been sold for over 12 million pounds.and that money was used to buy selhurst.

he will need more than 15 games to get things right

Quite, Maybe this is a rebuilding season - you did lose a usefull set of players - plus would Brighton have gdone as well without Zamora? No - so why would Palace do as well with out a better player in AJ.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Da Man Clay said:
" he just inherited Micky's team and the championship winning season was down to Adams "

Why is it with Mcghee it had nothing to do with Coppells team and with Taylor it was all down to Adams team?

Like someone said there are some very bitter people about

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Kinky Gerbils said:
Why is it with Mcghee it had nothing to do with Coppells team and with Taylor it was all down to Adams team?

Like someone said there are some very bitter people about

Because Mcghee came in in November and by the end of the season he had brought 5 or six players in. Taylor just used Mickeys team (plus Junior lewes) and steerd us to propmotion and then f*cked off. When Mcghee came in we were sliding toward mid table if I remember rightly. We were 8th or 9th and we secured our play-off place before the last match. Thats the difference.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Statto said:
Because Mcghee came in in November and by the end of the season he had brought 5 or six players in. Taylor just used Mickeys team (plus Junior lewes) and steerd us to propmotion and then f*cked off. When Mcghee came in we were sliding toward mid table if I remember rightly. We were 8th or 9th and we secured our play-off place before the last match. Thats the difference.

The same Junior Lewis that ran most games while being half fit?

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
9.20 and still dark

Edit- Wrong Thread

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
chez said:
Yeah but when he was our manager he was just another bloke that had played for Palace unlike Cop out who was one of their most succesful ever managers and one that their fans knew was Palace through & through.

Taylor played most of his football for Palace and I suspect is rated fairly highly as one of their better players. I would guess he is seen as more than just another bloke who played for them.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Uncle Buck said:
Taylor played most of his football for Palace and I suspect is rated fairly highly as one of their better players. I would guess he is seen as more than just another bloke who played for them.

Peter Taylor was my first Palace "hero" when i was a kid, great player and i was dreading him coming to manage us for 2 reasons:

1) I don't think he is much cop as a manager, very good coach but nothing he has done in club management made me want him to manage Palace

2) I want to remember him for when i loved the bloke not ending up with him getting merciless stick off of Palace fans, who are not the most patient around, and unfortunately already this season on more than one occassion he has been booed by our own fans.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
SJ's Love Monkey said:
Peter Taylor was my first Palace "hero" when i was a kid, great player and i was dreading him coming to manage us for 2 reasons:

1) I don't think he is much cop as a manager, very good coach but nothing he has done in club management made me want him to manage Palace

2) I want to remember him for when i loved the bloke not ending up with him getting merciless stick off of Palace fans, who are not the most patient around, and unfortunately already this season on more than one occassion he has been booed by our own fans.

The second point is always an issue when former players manage the side. Jimmy Case was an awful manager but one of the best players to turn out at the Albion, it is a shame that in some ways his managerial disaster has tarnished Case the player.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
The second point is always an issue when former players manage the side. Jimmy Case was an awful manager but one of the best players to turn out at the Albion, it is a shame that in some ways his managerial disaster has tarnished Case the player.

Yep totally agree, as i said Peter Taylor was my first idol at Palace and i would hate it for him to be turned on by our fans, but unfortuantely the seed have been sown already.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Was it bad on Saturday?

Saw the next door neighbour coming back and he looked extremely depressed. Thought I was taking the P when I gestured for him to cheer up. Mind you I was in a Brighton/Palace frame of mind as MTV were playing Mary's Boy Child...

:lolol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Sorry about the poll on BBS, SJLM. :blush:

I was interested to see what people think. Also, I think CB posted a McGhee poll if my memory serves me correctly. :glare:

The first Colchester goal was rather comical!

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Perry Milkins said:
Was it bad on Saturday?

Saw the next door neighbour coming back and he looked extremely depressed. Thought I was taking the P when I gestured for him to cheer up. Mind you I was in a Brighton/Palace frame of mind as MTV were playing Mary's Boy Child...

:lolol:

First half was the best Palace have played for a while Perry funnily enough, and if they had taken their chances should have been 4 or 5 up. Early 2nd half same story missed chances and you could see Colchester sensing they could win it and fair play to them they took their opportunities and won. One of those days? I don't think so, its becoming too habitual for that.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Barrel of Fun said:
Sorry about the poll on BBS, SJLM. :blush:

I was interested to see what people think. Also, I think CB posted a McGhee poll if my memory serves me correctly. :glare:

The first Colchester goal was rather comical!

Don't be silly BoF i was having a laugh with you, i don't blame you for having a laugh at our expense, our fans have done it to you often enough. Fill your boots mate its what rivalry is all about.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here