Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Peter Taylor finally getting found out?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
Are Albion fans REALLY entitled to think that "CPFC are a great team, let down by a poor manager"?

How did that come about?

Good point.

how about crap manager and crap team being found out by each other.

works for me.:)

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
The worst manager I have had the piss poor luck to be subjected to for two teams, he managed Dover Athletic directly before being offered the U21's, and that to me seemed bizarre to say the least.

Before Dover he was a used car salesman, after being released by Canvey or Dartford (I think), but had been a North Kent/Essex journeyman. The rest of his career is well documented from the Under 21's onwards.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
looney said:
Good point.

how about crap manager and crap team being found out by each other.

works for me.:)

me too:D

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
My palace supporting mate said he is useless and tactically inept. They also cant believe they were mugged off for 2.5 million with Kuqi.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Thought he'd do well, but delighted that he hasn't :thumbsup:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
The problem is that Taylor has always failed when the club has expectations. Lets face it at Brighton and Hull there is none so he could relax knowing full well he was under no pressure to deliver. At Leicester and Palace however rightly or wrongly there are bigger expectations from the fans and in our case the chairman and thus far he is failing. A lot of Palace fans are calling for his head already and with attendances taking a step back it makes you wonder how long Jordan will let it ride?

We shall see.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
SJ's Love Monkey said:
The problem is that Taylor has always failed when the club has expectations. Lets face it at Brighton and Hull there is none so he could relax knowing full well he was under no pressure to deliver. At Leicester and Palace however rightly or wrongly there are bigger expectations from the fans and in our case the chairman and thus far he is failing. ...
That's probably a fair analysis. And he WAS a good coach with the U21's - his record speaks for itself. Maybe he's one of an odd breed, someone's who is better as an international manager rather than a club manager? After all as an international manager he doesn't have to worry about buying or selling (which as he's proved is his real weakness) or about the day-to-day trivia of running a club.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Brovian said:
That's probably a fair analysis. And he WAS a good coach with the U21's - his record speaks for itself. Maybe he's one of an odd breed, someone's who is better as an international manager rather than a club manager? After all as an international manager he doesn't have to worry about buying or selling (which as he's proved is his real weakness) or about the day-to-day trivia of running a club.

Spot on

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
SJ's Love Monkey said:
The problem is that Taylor has always failed when the club has expectations. Lets face it at Brighton and Hull there is none so he could relax knowing full well he was under no pressure to deliver.
Rubbish. Hull were upwardly mobile in a new 24,000 all seater stadium and he inherited a Brighton side sitting 2nd in the league with Zamora up front. There were expectations at both clubs.

Regarding Taylor, some Albion fans have memories of goldfish. Taylor did *not* turn an Adams team of 6-goals-a-game entertainers into 1-0 to the Albion bores. We demolished some good sides under Taylor. Even when we lost Zamora, we barely struggled - we crushed Colchester 4-1 away from home towards the end of the season.

However, he had no money at Albion - which is a good thing, since he doesn't seem to have a clue what to do with any money he's given. Good club coach though.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Simster said:
Rubbish. Hull were upwardly mobile in a new 24,000 all seater stadium and he inherited a Brighton side sitting 2nd in the league with Zamora up front. There were expectations at both clubs.

Regarding Taylor, some Albion fans have memories of goldfish. Taylor did *not* turn an Adams team of 6-goals-a-game entertainers into 1-0 to the Albion bores. We demolished some good sides under Taylor. Even when we lost Zamora, we barely struggled - we crushed Colchester 4-1 away from home towards the end of the season.

However, he had no money at Albion - which is a good thing, since he doesn't seem to have a clue what to do with any money he's given. Good club coach though.

But Hull were in the bottom 5 of League 2 at the time so they could have had a 100,000 stadium the expectations were zilch mate!

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
What the hell does it matter what your capacity is when you have a toilet side?!

Huddersfield have a newish ground but are you telling me that there expectaions are high? Getting beaten 3-0 at home by the likes of Brighton answers your question!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You can't compare Huddersfield this season (11 years in their stadium and middle of div 3) to Hull City when Taylor took over (brand new stadium, low end of div 4)

When Taylor took over, Hull player to nearly 21,000 in their new stadium. The following season, they averaged 16,000 including a massive increase in season ticket holders. That volume of people meant they were entitled to investment on the playing side - and success.

But if you want to believe there was no expectation at Hull when Taylor took over, then we'll have to agree to disagree.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Simster said:
You can't compare Huddersfield this season (11 years in their stadium and middle of div 3) to Hull City when Taylor took over (brand new stadium, low end of div 4)

When Taylor took over, Hull player to nearly 21,000 in their new stadium. The following season, they averaged 16,000 including a massive increase in season ticket holders. That volume of people meant they were entitled to investment on the playing side - and success.

But if you want to believe there was no expectation at Hull when Taylor took over, then we'll have to agree to disagree.

Lets do that

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
to be fair to taylor he has taken over one of the pooest palace squads i has seen in years,the same squad was poor last season as well and the few good players who did a good job have been sold for over 12 million pounds.and that money was used to buy selhurst.

he will need more than 15 games to get things right

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
brighton rock said:
to be fair to taylor he has taken over one of the pooest palace squads i has seen in years,the same squad was poor last season as well and the few good players who did a good job have been sold for over 12 million pounds.and that money was used to buy selhurst.

he will need more than 15 games to get things right

Fair enough BR but in those 15 games have you seen anything that would suggest Taylor is going to be a success?

I sure as hell haven't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here