Votes: 75 35.2%
  • About the same

Votes: 20 9.4%
  • Not as good as Revell

Votes: 10 4.7%

• Total voters

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
I've heard a few people say that Murray is a bit lazy, which I don't think anyone could say about Revell. Therefore, how would you rate Murray compared to Revell.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
There is no doubt Murray is a better player, he has a better 1st touch and his position is 10 times better than Revell's

Yes Revell put more effort in but Murray will score more goals, and already scored more for us this season than Revell

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Better yes but Alex i think is a 100% tryer whose willingness to chase everything down & chase lost causes was brilliant.

Murray will find his feet tho & will score more goals than Alex

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Murray has a shed load more ability than Revell. Hopefully come the start of next season, Murray will have been taught the offside rule and he starts banging in the goals.
There is no doubting he is a MUCH better player than Revell but has yet to show it (apart from some great first touches).

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
A bit of pre season coaching to fine tune the offside tactics and we will have a real class striker.

You can coach in tactics, but not talent, which he has undoubtedly got.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The results would suggest that Murray costing twice as much as Revell is about right. That said, Southend were MUGGED.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Revell is better at collecting hernia scars, Murray is better at being offside.
Poor gags aside, I think we did good business with Revell and Murray will come good over time. He made an immediate impact and has slowed down a bit of late, but he has a good role model in Forster - providing he shows a willingness to learn. The fact that he has faltered a bit recently is good, inasmuch as it means that a Championship club won't come sniffing around in the summer and we can get better from him next season

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
all revell had really was that he ran around for the whole time he was - usually like a headless chicken. think that is the reason that murray looks lazy - we have been spoiled in the last two seasons in terms of players up front who work their arses off, but for very little return

murray is far and away a better player, and we look a much better team, up front at least, with him starting instead - he just needs to stay onside more and take the chances when they come. he will still get more goals than revell and create more opportunities than revell, and at the end of the day that is what he is being paid to do

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
With Revell you alwys knew what you were getting - a lot of effort, quite a few shots and even the occasional one on target, even though he does not have bags of talent. I was really glad for him when he got his hat-trick just before he left.

To me Murray is a much more exciting player to watch. When he gets the ball you're never quite sure whether he'll lay it off or do one of those tight spinning turns and go past his marker. His 'lazy but talented' approach is the sort of thing that made the likes of Frank Worthington a joy to watch. That said he still needs to gel a bit more with the midfield and with Forster in particular - then we'll see a bit more end product

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The thing with Murray is that when he does chase things down he still looks 'lazy' doing it, he's just got a very different running style to head down and sprint players like Revell. So even when he does do the same things he doesn't get the same credit. I read a post on here saying he is slow - he's not, but he sort of looks it sometimes if that makes any sense, and also posts have said he doesn't bother to challenge for headers, yet he wins most aerial balls that come his way?

Murray is clearly a better footballer, I don't think that can even be debated, and even with his unpredictable finishing he will still score more goals than Revell imo.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Revell uses his work rate to compensate for a relatively limited ability (I'm not saying that he is a bad player, just not as good when compared to many other strikers in this division).

Murray is a more talented player that needs a bit of fine tuning. He has more potential to develop into something better than Revell does.

fenech1elphick1

Apr 3, 2008
shoreham

murray will never be half the player revell was we should have kept revel and spent the money else were murray is so lazy its unreal does he have an ounce of passion in his bod or will to win ineed to see it please soon would be good:angry::ascarf:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
It depends how many goals they have each scored, I don't know so difficult to judge although I thought about the same.

and how many goals has forster got since playing alongside murray - he never looked the same player with revell alongside him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here