Votes: 20 9.4%
  • Not as good as Revell

Votes: 10 4.7%

• Total voters

Sillwood

Save the West Pier
Jul 19, 2007
Lewes District
I liked Revell a lot - and it was always 100%. I'm sure Murray is giving his best but it isn't always obvious - and it is lazy to be caught offside so often. Get it right and he and Forster could be the best pair in Division 1 next year?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Glenn is DEFINITELY showing signs of being better than Alex it has to be said...

think i need to see a solid season out of him before deciding , on the bases of the first three games then probably but since then meh... whereas with Revell first few games meh then he really started to show form!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Revell never had very much ability as a striker. But he ran about like a looney, put in the graft, got rewarded with the occasional goal. Whereas Murray has far superior positional play (when not offside) but appears to barely break sweat and is far from being a natural finisher. So at the moment Murray is simply ONE FOR THE FUTURE. Hope he comes good, but the jury's still out.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
F*cking hell can't believe some of the shit posted on here.

Did not take some of our fans long to get their next target did it. The day he signed people were questioning the transfer fee and could not wait for him to have a bad patch. He cost 300k which in todays game is nothing yet he has shown promise

So what he does not run around like a loon on crack he has a natural touch and when he gets a bit of confidence I have no doubt the goals will flow.

Perhaps if a few of the so called supporters of this club got behind him in games it might help the lads confidence after all he has only been here 4 months.

Wait f*ck it why don't we just continually slag him off that will improve the situation won't it

Sometimes I despair.....................

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that is Murray is a far better allround player than Revell and will prove it next season but having said that I would love to have kept Alex as an alternative to bring on as a sub as opposed to what we have now.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think that is Murray is a far better allround player than Revell and will prove it next season but having said that I would love to have kept Alex as an alternative to bring on as a sub as opposed to what we have now.

exactly , in a perfect world we could've but i guess Glenn cost abit more then the club thought and needs must..

still unless Wilkins uses Johnny Dixon next season (is it still a fitness thing with him?) it does seem we cocked it up in that respect

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Havent seen much of Dixon but when he came on for that brief spell as a sub he looked to be carrying too much around the middle, similar to Warren Aspinall in his younger days, but then if you saw me you would probably say the same but I am not a pro footballer.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I can't quite believe that people have voted Revell better or 'the same'.

Revell is a runner. Nothing else.

Murray is a FOOTBALLER.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Just wait until next season, then you can judge.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Murray is far from the finished article. Maybe he never will be.

For the lead up to his goal, he was clean through. Faffed about for an eternity and eventually, following a bit of pinball, headed in from about nine inches. And none too cleanly then. The initial chance should have been tucked away. The header was an unexpected bonus.

Second half, at one point, Cox was quite rightly pee-ed off for being given stick for a misplaced forward pass. Made it VERY clear that he'd expected Murray to make some kind of run.

In both of the above cases, Murray's lack of pace was shocking to behold.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I thought murray had a decent game today. Won more than his fair share of headers, was holding the ball up, stayed involved and led the line well. With Forster out again he had to take on a bit more responsibility, and I thought he stepped up to the plate.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Murray is far from the finished article. Maybe he never will be.

For the lead up to his goal, he was clean through. Faffed about for an eternity and eventually, following a bit of pinball, headed in from about nine inches. And none too cleanly then. The initial chance should have been tucked away. The header was an unexpected bonus.

Second half, at one point, Cox was quite rightly pee-ed off for being given stick for a misplaced forward pass. Made it VERY clear that he'd expected Murray to make some kind of run.

In both of the above cases, Murray's lack of pace was shocking to behold.

Remind me again about the appalling strike rate of this slow unfinished article in comparison to the so called strikers we've had over the last 3 seasons? i am also outraged that every time he shoots it isn't a goal of the month contender, just not good enough for a 300k division 4 striker moving up a division.

In all seriousness THPP I am astounded that you went out of your way to champion that selfish self centred wanker Leon Knight and revel (see what I did there) in finding fault with the best young striker we have had since BZ.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Remind me again about the appalling strike rate of this slow unfinished article in comparison to the strikers of the last 3 seasons? i am also outraged that every time he shoots it isn't a goal of the month contender, just not good enough for a 300k division 4 striker moving up a division.

You never went today then?

Murray's positional play is outstanding.

However, his pace and finishing (as defined by converting chances into goals) are appalling.

IMHO, like.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
As has been said. Two different kind of players.

I loved Revell for his work rate, and he was great for teaching nippers watching the 'defend from the front' mentality. I wish him all the best for the future.

Murray is a proven goalscorer. Given the choice between Murray or Revell, it would have to be Murray everytime for me .

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Revell was a headless chicken who sulked when he couldn't play Gave 110% when he did but you can run 10 miles in 90 mins BUT if you aren't in the right place you never score.

Revell made that quite a habit and his positional play and reading of the game was dire, I think we got a damn good price for him!!

Murray on the other hand looks lazy in comparison. Dosen't do half the running that Revell used to but is ten times better in his positioning and reading of the game.

His lack of pace and constant straying offside lets him down badly but i think that will sorted out by next season i hope.

I reckon Murray will hit the 20 goal mark next season if he is fully fit:thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You never went today then?

Nah, it was wet and against Port Vale and at Southend it did my head in listening to Albion fans shouting abuse at Murray...so I didn't bother to risk the same again whilst getting wet..

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The thing with Murray is that when he does chase things down he still looks 'lazy' doing it, he's just got a very different running style to head down and sprint players like Revell............

Chris Waddle stylee ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here