Votes: 75 35.2%
  • About the same

Votes: 20 9.4%
  • Not as good as Revell

Votes: 10 4.7%

• Total voters

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Fair enough, but to get a goal, an assist, and creating the only other decent chance we had in the match surely isn't all that bad. His job ultimately is to score and create, and he did. I know you're too young to have seen Peter Ward, but you would have had a field day in terms of his lack of workrate if you did!

The midfield and defence capitulated to concede 3 goals and let Vale hit the bar for fun as well, to single out Murray seems like you are making him a scapegoat.

To be fair, he'd have probably been able to justify the opinion at the time, if you hadn't banned him....

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Out of interest how many has Murray scored for us (and also total over his two clubs) this season?

I think it is 8 for us and 19 in total. I don't think that included the goal at Walsall that was given as an OG.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
No, I'm not making Murray a scapegoat. I do like a good scapegoat from time to time, and I'll always be thankful to Wayne Henderson for providing me with the time of my nsc-life, but Murray is a LONG way from being mine. Also, another opinion I have that contradicts my rantings post-Vale is that I don't particularly care about his lack of work-rate. I'm sure I'd have LOVED Peter Ward, because I'm someone who takes the talented work-shy player over a workhorse EVERY SINGLE TIME. That's why I like Murray, it's why I liked Leon Knight, it's why I despised Revell. I know everyone was shocking against Port Vale, I know the defence didn't defend, I know the midfield was anonymous, but I also thought Murray was useless (and his goal was a mere consolation afterall). That's not singling him out, just bunching him in with the other jokers who ruined our season that afternoon.

Why would you "despise" Revell? Whether or not you thought he was shit why would you despise someone who was giving his all?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Murray could be one of the best strikers to play for the club outside the top flight in the last 35 years, however note 'COULD'
Jury still out.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Ok, I thought he was shit then. Poor choice of words, maybe.

For the money we paid for him, he was a good deal, and the club made a handsome profit on him.

He lacked subtlety, and his first touch was wanting, but like many others, I admired the fact that he never gave less than his best.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I think it is 8 for us and 19 in total. I don't think that included the goal at Walsall that was given as an OG.

Didn't realise it was that many, not bad. So we should see around 15 + next season, hopefully the same from Forster?

Just need to get a decent midfielder, left back (ie Richards) and maybe another center back and we'll be on our way.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Didn't realise it was that many, not bad. So we should see around 15 + next season, hopefully the same from Forster?

Just need to get a decent midfielder, left back (ie Richards) and maybe another center back and we'll be on our way.

Yep. Would agree 100% with that. A real attacking midfielder at that, too.

Hopefully having Hinshelwood and Reid back to full fitness and really fighting for a place will also make for a very strong team for next season.

After Thompson's performance yesterday I'd also say that there is a rather nice headache for Wilkins over who should be made captain.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If ever there was a true case of someone being MUGGED it was Southend. Why they paid £150k for him I'll never know, and I suspect they will regret it for a long time. Financially, it was an amazing deal for us - an absolutely immense piece of business. I respect that some people like that sort of thing though. Great business? Yes. But also very lucky business.

In which case I assume that you wanked yourself silly at the combination of the following words

"Henderson" "£200k" "Preston"

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
After Thompson's performance yesterday I'd also say that there is a rather nice headache for Wilkins over who should be made captain.

I would go for Thomsin whio lead by example yesterday, but then so has Nicky Forster but I belive making Thomson captain will enable NF to concentrate on scoring and helping Glen Murray to score and hopefully they will have a battle to see who finishes with most.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I would go for Thomsin whio lead by example yesterday, but then so has Nicky Forster but I belive making Thomson captain will enable NF to concentrate on scoring and helping Glen Murray to score and hopefully they will have a battle to see who finishes with most.

Agreed BG Thompson being in the centre can also liase with the defence which is harder for a striker.

I would always have a midfielder as captain

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here