• About the same

Votes: 20 9.4%
  • Not as good as Revell

Votes: 10 4.7%

• Total voters

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A more interesting comparison than Revell and Murray is Elder for whom we got £35k from Brentford to offset the £55k we paid Aldershot for Dixon. Is Dixon £20k worth better than Elder who seems to have found his level in Div 2? I am not sure yet.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
A more interesting comparison than Revell and Murray is Elder for whom we got £35k from Brentford to offset the £55k we paid Aldershot for Dixon. Is Dixon £20k worth better than Elder who seems to have found his level in Div 2? I am not sure yet.

He needs to play more before anyone can compare to be honest, But i have seen some good in his play. Time will tell but i fear he will not get a proper chance unless Forster or Murray get injured again

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
I consider Murray to be the better player but have noticed outside the box he appears rather leisurely,for instance when going for long balls out of our defence at times he hardly gets off the ground.
He must also concentrate more,too many attacks break down because he gets offside.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One of the good points from yesterday, and I must hold my hand up and admit I have been wrong in the past, was that just prior to the substitutions, It could be clearly seen from the North Stand that Chapman was waving his arms pointing out as if such and such should play here and what should happen and Dean Wilkins was stood nodding in agreement. He then called in Gatting and Lynch and sent them on. So perhaps DW does listen to Chapman at least, although I do not agree with Gatting coming on .

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Personally I have been critical of Murray as from a fans perspective watching him live I have felt that he lacks a bit of drive and passion. Especially maybe now that he has made a relatively big money move and is probably on more money now than ever before in his career, he thinks he can kick back and let his goalscoring do the talking.

I think that given a pre season here with us he might learn more about the club and work ethic in general.

However here are their relative stat pages from Soccerbase:-

MURRAY

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=40545

REVELL

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=24578

So if the proof of the pudding is in the eating then Murray is over twice the player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here