Votes: 75 35.2%
  • About the same

Votes: 20 9.4%
  • Not as good as Revell

Votes: 10 4.7%

• Total voters

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!
Murray has scored more goals has'nt he? Thats what strikers are meant to do, Murray is much better IMO!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Much much better... Alex was mainly about effort... Murray has more quality...

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
This really should have been a public poll, so we could all laugh at that 9 clowns who believe Revell is better - :thud:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The thing with Murray is that when he does chase things down he still looks 'lazy' doing it, he's just got a very different running style to head down and sprint players like Revell. So even when he does do the same things he doesn't get the same credit. I read a post on here saying he is slow - he's not, but he sort of looks it sometimes if that makes any sense, and also posts have said he doesn't bother to challenge for headers, yet he wins most aerial balls that come his way?

Remember Whittingham back in the early 70's. Great gangling lump had that same deceptive running style that belied his speed.
I like Murray and reckon we have a relative bargain

seagullsss

Lofts Number 1 Fan!
Jan 1, 2008
murray is definelty lazy revell isnt can you remember the goal he scored against port vale at there place cant imagine murray trying that hard to get to a ball therefore i think they are about the same. murray is more talented than revell but murray doesnt try hard.

Ditchboy

Apr 4, 2008
Murray is not lazy. He does run funny though, his gait reminds me of Mat le Tissier, but he is quicker than he looks. He will prove to be a great signing and will be banging them in next season.

Chabal

Sep 3, 2007
murray doesnt try hard.

Of course he tries hard and I think it is pretty insulting for people to say that he doesn't. :angry:

Overall, I'm pretty disapointed with the lack of support Brighton fans have given Murray in particular.

Imagine where we would be at this point of the season without him? No where near the playoffs would be my guess.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Murray 1 - that mark is just for scoring, otherwise a lazier, slower, less interested player I have yet to see. We woz MUGGED.

Murray, on the other hand, may not charge around like a raging bull, but he can at least trap a football and make an intelligent pass. Oh, and he seems to score goals too. He's fine by me.

Changed your tune....

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You joker, Potter. He's had shit games, yes. That first comment could have been given after any one of three or four HOPELESS games I've seen him have (probably Port Vale where he was dire). But, overall, he's a vast improvement on Revell and seemingly a player with a bit of quality, so I've no overall complaint. There is a difference between a player rating of ONE game and an overview of his whole season:shootself

Agreed, so why say we was 'mugged' signing him on the basis of one 'shit' game where he only managed to score one goal, set up the other and put Cox through for a good chance for a third......and before you start, I know I wasn't there, I also wasn't there at the start of WWII, but I still think Hitler wasn't a particularly nice man.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think he's a decent player, and you've chosen a comment I made after one of his poor games v Port Vale to make it look otherwise. Bar Zamora and Forster, he's up there with the best albion strikers I've seen. Whether he's worth the money, and if we were mugged or not, is another thing though. I think we possibly paid a little over the odds, but in football it's not a huge amount, so paying perhaps £50k or £100k more than he's worth isn't a problem for me. If he improves he'll be worth £300k in 6 months anyway. One potential weakness in the deal is his age (24?), because we're unlikely to be able to sell him on for vastly more than we paid (ie a Zamora type). However, if he scores 20 goals a season for us for four years then who gives a f***.

Shit, I've agreed with every word

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I think he's a decent player, and you've chosen a comment I made after one of his poor games v Port Vale to make it look otherwise. Bar Zamora and Forster, he's up there with the best albion strikers I've seen. Whether he's worth the money, and if we were mugged or not, is another thing though. I think we possibly paid a little over the odds, but in football it's not a huge amount, so paying perhaps £50k or £100k more than he's worth isn't a problem for me. If he improves he'll be worth £300k in 6 months anyway. One potential weakness in the deal is his age (24?), because we're unlikely to be able to sell him on for vastly more than we paid (ie a Zamora type). However, if he scores 20 goals a season for us for four years then who gives a f***.

A fair assesment, although i haven't chosen a comment to make it looks like anything.

I've quoted you praising murray, and slating him, just wondered where you stood!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Quite simply, because I'd just watched the worst league performance of the season which all but ended our play-off hopes, and he was a significant part of that performance. He was shit that day, goal or no goal, whatever you or anyone else says. The "mugged" comment was a knee-jerk reaction of course.

Fair enough, but to get a goal, an assist, and creating the only other decent chance we had in the match surely isn't all that bad. His job ultimately is to score and create, and he did. I know you're too young to have seen Peter Ward, but you would have had a field day in terms of his lack of workrate if you did!

The midfield and defence capitulated to concede 3 goals and let Vale hit the bar for fun as well, to single out Murray seems like you are making him a scapegoat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here