Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it time to 'pull up the drawbridge'?

Should we stop new registrations on NSC?

• Yep - keep 'em out

Votes: 31 21.7%
  • No - we should continue to welcome the noobs and JCLs.

Votes: 112 78.3%

• Total voters

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
My worry with all the JCLs is that they'll come on here and think they can start threads about football. Pretty soon football threads will begin to take over and looking for a worthwhile thread about racism or dogs in funny hats will be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Ah but then the temptation of the NSFW threads won't sit there calling out CLICK ME CLICK ME NOBODY WILL KNOW so that could be a good thing

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Put restrictions on the account like, once registered cant post for a week or a month or something.

That way any Trolls or spammers will be hugely disappointed when they register to post their shit, genuine fans will understand why and will just wait for said period to elapse.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
- what does C.J.T.C stand for
- which celebrity famously visited Withdean in 2006
- what is the name of the most popular artwork found on NSC
- which food would you associate with Kev The Ape
- when is a cheese roll not a cheese roll
- percentage wise, how drunk was Strike when he came back from the NSC meat up

Is it bad that I can only answer 4 of these? :cry:

The more the merrier I'd say, but I'm a newbie myself, so meh.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You mean have a quiz of 20 tricky questions about the Albion? Questions where Google will not source you the correct answers? A quiz where if you get 1 wrong you're sent off to join the Crystal Palace forum thing?

I like that idea.

An entrance exam is defiantly the way to go but is should be about NSC and it's members and should include all current posters with less than 1000 posts.

So questions could be :

1. Who created NSC and what is their current username ?
2. Who is a resident female officer of the law ?
3. Who is Dave the Gaffer now ?

Anyone scoring less than 50% doesn't get a logon or is kicked off, 51% - 80% they have to pay a yearly fee of say £20 and 81% or higher you get free access.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
- what does C.J.T.C stand for
- which celebrity famously visited Withdean in 2006
- what is the name of the most popular artwork found on NSC
- which food would you associate with Kev The Ape
- when is a cheese roll not a cheese roll
- percentage wise, how drunk was Strike when he came back from the NSC meat up
I see the questions above relate to the 21st Century, does that make you a JCL?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I think there should be a rule that any JCL should not be able to start a new thread until they have at least 100 posts under their belt.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
- what does C.J.T.C stand for - cock-juggling thunder c*unt
- which celebrity famously visited Withdean in 2006 - Samuel L. Jackson / Morgan Freeman
- what is the name of the most popular artwork found on NSC - HINEYart
- which food would you associate with Kev The Ape - KFC
- when is a cheese roll not a cheese roll - when its a cheese TOPPED roll
- percentage wise, how drunk was Strike when he came back from the NSC meat up he was about 82% proof

Do I win a flask ?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Why don't you create a karma system if this thread is serious?

You gain 1 karma every 24 hours that you log on to the boards. You have to go up the system by gaining karma, eg. new posters have the ability to only post 10 posts per 24 hrs and 1 topic, then as they go up they can do more and more, until they have free reign?

To the guy kicking off about my middle aged person rant, it must just be coincidence that I run into threads every bloody day that have some person telling another to **** off because of their lower post count etc.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
I wouldn't stop new people joining, but I'd suggest it has "NEWBIE" in 120 point red Impact text under any new joinee's posts for their first six months. That way people will know to give them slack and/or skip over their posts accordingly...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think there should be a rule that any JCL should not be able to start a new thread until they have at least 100 posts under their belt.

Actually that would work.

Surely this is a TERRIBLE idea, that would just encourage them to simply post as much drivel as possible, as quickly as possible, on every thread, just to hit the 100 post threshold?

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
didn't vote - couldn't decide

i am all for being as elitist as possible... but for example i am relatively new here so it would be slightly rich i think on my part to vote against them.

in part you'd be shutting out a lot of genuine long standing albion fans whose interest has been heightened, more than rekindled, by the exciting times ahead... and who are looking for a place to indulge the new life breathed into a long standing passion.

and some people didn't think to search for a place like this until after a year or more of finding 606 lacklustre (understatement you may notice)... this is because i am a big spaz. don't shut out all the big spazzes. it's not really their fault.

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
ive noticed that there are people that have been here since 2002 ect and have made a handfull of posts , that does not mean they should be treated any different than a poster with 5,000 posts in a year that likes to say f*** a lot on every thread, if it aint broke dont fix it

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Put restrictions on the account like, once registered cant post for a week or a month or something.

That way any Trolls or spammers will be hugely disappointed when they register to post their shit, genuine fans will understand why and will just wait for said period to elapse.

Careful, we are in danger of turning this thread into a serious debate, rather than the fishing contest it started out as. That's actually a rather decent idea.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Surely this is a TERRIBLE idea, that would just encourage them to simply post as much drivel as possible, as quickly as possible, on every thread, just to hit the 100 post threshold?

No as they probably couldnt be bothered. Those that are "serious" will stick with it. Those that just want to START a thread on a spurious rumour will be put off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here