Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it time to 'pull up the drawbridge'?

Should we stop new registrations on NSC?

• Yep - keep 'em out

Votes: 31 21.7%
  • No - we should continue to welcome the noobs and JCLs.

Votes: 112 78.3%

• Total voters

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I hope this is a wind up, because some of us were supporters years ago and have just not bothered with chat boards until needing to find info on the new stadium or anything else. For me personally, I stopped going to football around halfway through our exile at Preistfield. I had a very dramatic change in my personal circumstances and was unable to get to many games after that. Also as thick as I might sound, I never really correlated the internet to football really. I don't think that any fan should be excluded from a board unless they break any of the rules of said board. So far as I have read on here, there are a good mix of older. younger, new and long time supporters. + the odd dickhead.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Maybe we could just have a filter option attached to all JCLs.

Anyone who has registered after, say, digging begun at Falmer .... no maybe a bit later, as Natterjack has been an excellent addition sinxce then, let's say Gus being appointed then. Anyway, whatever we decide is a JCL gets something on their membership, such as "New to town" as their location, so that we can identify them. But crucially, we are able to set all with a location of "New to town" on our ignore list.

:thumbsup:

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
I've noticed a few newbie / JCLs crawling out of the woodwork recently. Over the coming months, that trend is likely to continue.

Before we know it, NSC could be awash with unfamiliar names spouting all manner of crap. (Note: all manner of crap from familiar names is expected)

Is is time to turn off the registration function of NSC, and keep things how they are?

Absolutely not. We were all noobs once, remember?

I first registered in 2003, but didn't post or even log in for years. Eventually I couldn't retrieve my account and had to re-register in 2008, and is probably still considered a noob by many on here. No matter that I've been to hundreds of albion games since 1979.

And as for noobs 'spouting all manner of crap'? How is that going to change anything on here! Jesus! :D

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I almost posted something which could have resulted in a ban, no not the photo of that Reading supporter, I nearly wrote "call the (men who carry bows and arrows) to the battlements which thinking about it and came that close to writing that name

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
we should ban everone with over 10k posts. its for their own good, they should probably be doing some work.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
What we should do is a have a JCL Forum area where newbies can post a "Hello, I'm.....and I've been supporting the Albion from within my Dad's testes" - then there should be a voting system where members of NSC can say yay or nay to that person joining NSC.

Make it more elitist than it already is.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Let `em all in: and bring back Jamie from Stockport!!!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Pretty sure this is just a joke but I'll bite anyway.

Everything I hate about NSC will be summarised in one move if you lot do that, I can't stand the middle aged tossers on here spouting about how much more of a 'fan' they are because they were born first. How someone with a decent post count or a 'regular' can post worse content than I would, and I'd get banned for less. I'm not going to go on, but yea, like the above user said, if it did happen, I'd leave :)
I was going to disagree with Bozza, but reading comments like that I realise he's onto something. I can't think of any middle-aged fan who has said he's more of a fan simply because he was born first. I'll freely admit that there are loads of people younger than me (53) who are 'better' fans than me because they go regularly. I'm a very occasional visitor to Withdean these days - and I haven't been away since Spurs in the Cup. (I think, memory's not what it was).

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My worry with all the JCLs is that they'll come on here and think they can start threads about football. Pretty soon football threads will begin to take over and looking for a worthwhile thread about racism or dogs in funny hats will be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
ban anyone over 30.

bloody old farts :angry:

:p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here