Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it time to 'pull up the drawbridge'?

Should we stop new registrations on NSC?

• Yep - keep 'em out

Votes: 31 21.7%
  • No - we should continue to welcome the noobs and JCLs.

Votes: 112 78.3%

• Total voters

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

To the guy kicking off about my middle aged person rant, it must just be coincidence that I run into threads every bloody day that have some person telling another to **** off because of their lower post count etc.
I don't think I was 'kicking off', I was quite polite. Anyway post counts have no relation to age. You can be a young poster and have a high post count.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I think all newbs should have to perform a Britains Got Tallant / X-factor style audition and the NSC elders can then vote on whether they get through.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Bear in mind that Palarse have a board with far more posts it'd be a good idea (IMHO) if NSC bettered them with that.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Limit newbies to a set amount of posts a day for 3 months and until they have shown their worth and they can then be given full access

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Surely this is a TERRIBLE idea, that would just encourage them to simply post as much drivel as possible, as quickly as possible, on every thread, just to hit the 100 post threshold?

In which case they should get banned before they reach their 100 posts. Think of it as a probation period, step out of line and you're out.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I hope this is a wind up, because some of us were supporters years ago and have just not bothered with chat boards until needing to find info on the new stadium or anything else. For me personally, I stopped going to football around halfway through our exile at Preistfield. I had a very dramatic change in my personal circumstances and was unable to get to many games after that. Also as thick as I might sound, I never really correlated the internet to football really. I don't think that any fan should be excluded from a board unless they break any of the rules of said board. So far as I have read on here, there are a good mix of older. younger, new and long time supporters. + the odd dickhead.
For a minute I thought you said the OLD Dickhead....I was just about to own up...but agree with the Quote!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can we not have a newbie forum where they can be vetted, keeping them off the main board, and after a month or so we cherry pick those we like? No more than 10 a month though, let's make it Elitist :thumbsup:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Can we not have a newbie forum where they can be vetted, keeping them off the main board, and after a month or so we cherry pick those we like? No more than 10 a month though, let's make it Elitist :thumbsup:

I like that idea, we can call it NSCbeebies

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Just limit the amount of post that someone can make, either just for newbies or everyone.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't think we should confuse Albion newbies and NSC newbies.
Yes many hundreds will come out of the woodwork, for both, but only 1 is instantly provable.

If NSC newbies are clogging us up, and more importantly costing Bozza money, which is something I alluded to last week. Then something ought to be done.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think we should inspect all new joiners first and especially women

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here