Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it time to 'pull up the drawbridge'?

Should we stop new registrations on NSC?

• Yep - keep 'em out

Votes: 31 21.7%
  • No - we should continue to welcome the noobs and JCLs.

Votes: 112 78.3%

• Total voters

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I've read some cobblers in my time. What ever next, if you haven't been to The Withdean you can't go to Falmer, I think you'll find we'd be f***ed.
I'm a newbee, had a season ticket for 7 years, moved and now after 4 years I'm back and got my season ticket for Falmer. Maybe as a newbee I should have stayed away.
I agree with the statement "I don't think we should confuse Albion newbies and NSC newbies".
I'll just go and get my coat!

Southern Toon

Aug 6, 2010
Looks like the NSC elite want a WHERE WERE YOU WHEN WE WERE SHIT sub section for newbies. How long will it take for this chant to raise its head to the JCL & JCB on the 6th August.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Looks like the NSC elite want a WHERE WERE YOU WHEN WE WERE SHIT sub section for newbies.

I prefer Glitterati:-

World English Dictionary
glitterati (ˌɡlɪtəˈrɑːtiː)

— pl n
informal the leaders of society, esp the rich and beautiful; fashionable celebrities

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have 5 posts now do I qualify yet ?

What is the magic number to move to the 'not a ' newbie anymore ??
Not if each post is just you stating you've made a post.
Perhaps someone could explain the 'posts:' function.

Anyway, it's not posts made, it's time served.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I'm sure these kind of bulletin boards have settings that allow for it to be set so that new posters can't start threads until they reach a certain amount of posts.

Is this true?

If so wouldn't that be a possible solution if it was set at a few hundred posts before a thread could be started.

That way it would stop randoms signing up one off accounts and starting silly threads.

If someone was a legit fan they will surely hang around long enough to post a few hundred posts on the team over time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm sure these kind of bulletin boards have settings that allow for it to be set so that new posters can't start threads until they reach a certain amount of posts.

Is this true?

If so wouldn't that be a possible solution if it was set at a few hundred posts before a thread could be started.

That way it would stop randoms signing up one off accounts and starting silly threads.
Careful what you wish for Ty.

Blimey I have 2 posts now..............................I'll Get Me Coat !!!!

I have 5 posts now do I qualify yet ?

Last edited:

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Don't let them in. I've got no time for newbies since they blocked our plans for Falmer for so many years. Wait..no, that's nimbies isn't it?

Err.. what was the question again?

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
I am coming up to 50 years of age and have been supporting the Albion since 1969.

I struggle with new technology - I am looking for the Damart Thermal Wear catalogue website - can anyone help me ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
As long as all new posters pay homage to the Albion they can do what they like after that.

I favour a registration procedure where all new posters' first post should automatically start at a sticky thread entitled "Brighton and Hove Albion Are The Best Team In The World Because..."

I'm sure the answers on that thread would make for interesting reading.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Looks like the NSC elite want a WHERE WERE YOU WHEN WE WERE SHIT sub section for newbies. How long will it take for this chant to raise its head to the JCL & JCB on the 6th August.

I've already done the flag; "we were here when we were s***!"
Just got to get it past the Stasi (stewards if you've never been to a game)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here