Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Is anyone else embarrassed by the booing of the German national anthem

Jan 30, 2008
Embarrassing thread and an idea to why the Amex is dead most of the time it’s full of wanky seat warmers tutting at others who try to make some kind of atmosphere, England fans have jeered opposition anthems since the 70’s it’s nothing new.

The voice of reason :clap2:
Regards
DF

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Embarrassing thread and an idea to why the Amex is dead most of the time it’s full of wanky seat warmers tutting at others who try to make some kind of atmosphere, England fans have jeered opposition anthems since the 70’s it’s nothing new.

wanky seat warmers :lolol: booing the oppositions anthem isn't trying to make some kind of atmosphere, its just being a bit knobby.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
It's racist, it's tribal it's the go to default setting of someone who's angry and hate filled yet lacks the wit to comprehend why.

It's a measure of intelligence, plain and simple. If you're a student perhaps it's ironic, funny (in an ironic, hard but not hard - clearly - kind of way) like eating cheese doritos for a month to see if you turn orange ... if you're a grown up, well - you're either ignorant or a racist.

Brilliant analogy... and good all round explanation of why it’s so embarrassing to hear.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You won't.

Out of interest how many years have England been booing the national anthem of the opposition??

Since i was going i remember it in the late 80s early 90s so what's the problem now then?????

I’ve been to England games at Wembley and it doesn’t always happen. For the record, I’ve always spoken out against the disrespect.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We so need to ditch GSTQ. When the Queen dies that’d be the time to do it. She’s a wonderful servant from another age and we - the English and Britons should stop singing about saving an anachronistic monarch.

When she dies it will change anyway.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, the borders are entirely conceived by people. There is nothing really that determines what they are, other than historical events that resulted in their imagining in the first place, and the political and economic incentives to persist with them.

Nothing really separates a German and an Englishman, other than language. We are incredibly similar peoples to such a degree that we can barely be differentiated.

So why the **** anyone would get offended by a national anthem being booed is beyond me.

Yet you admire North Korea.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I honestly think football isn’t for 80% of this board at times, getting upset about fans booing the opposition at a football match ffs :facepalm:

I would imagine the majority that have spoken out against the booing aren’t “upset” by it, but just feel it’s a bit sad, infantile and embarrassing - however, that is just my feeling, so maybe they are all really upset!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm not embarrassed, they simply embarrass themselves alongside the thick as mince racist minority.

All countries have them, they are nothing to do with me.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
While I don't agree with booing a national anthem, there's two national sides I never get too upset if they get a dig in the ribs and that's Germany and The Argies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here