Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Is anyone else embarrassed by the booing of the German national anthem

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Near enough the whole set of right wing nationalists on this thread, just need [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] to add his own brand of intellectual comment and that’ll be a full house.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I can understand rivalry eg CP versus Albion, I get the hate, it’s in the DNA. (For some more than others).

Internationally also, as the other 4 nations in these isles, all patently want us to fail at sport.

I just don’t get the German obsession. In the real world, they’ve been close friends of the UK for 76 years, I follow business, where they admire us. They’re good people, we have so much in common with them, as we do with the Dutch, Austrians and Nordic nations.

It’s not a clever, ironic rivalry from our boo-ers.

More a tabloid inspired, immature display of dimness.

I absolutely agree.
Imo the demographics of some of those who attend national games here compared to countries like Germany is a big part of the difference, though. I always notice that when it comes to countries like Germany, the crowd seems to be very middle class in comparison. Its definitely not like that at club games in Germany on the whole - German games can be really tribal/tough still. The demographics of england fans on the other hand is definitely more 'tribal' in comparison, much more like club football here and abroad. Hence the tribal nature of the booing of national anthems, etc, from a certain section of fans.
That's my take on it, anyway.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Embarrassing thread and an idea to why the Amex is dead most of the time it’s full of wanky seat warmers tutting at others who try to make some kind of atmosphere, England fans have jeered opposition anthems since the 70’s it’s nothing new.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
One of the most tolerant countries in Europe, if not the world, too, comparatively speaking. Brexit or no Brexit.

This.

The vast majority of Brits are good people, always have been.

The extensive EU 2019 survey of black people, ascertained low levels of racism by every measure here.
https://fra.europa.eu/sites/default/files/fra_uploads/fra-2019-being-black-in-the-eu-summary_en.pdf

Ridiculous to condemn a nation, whilst simply discussing some ill mannered thicko’s.

If this has always been such an awful place, emigrate.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I have always been puzzled why the Indian National anthem isn’t Indian musi, and why the Chinese National anthem isn’t Chinese music.

Our National anthem is embarrassing enough, a nation of 65 million, and our anthem is about one person of German- Scottish heritage., without booing another nations whose title song is usually much better than ours.

But, hey ho, it’s not the most embarrassing thing about this country, at the moment.

We so need to ditch GSTQ. When the Queen dies that’d be the time to do it. She’s a wonderful servant from another age and we - the English and Britons should stop singing about saving an anachronistic monarch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here