Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iran hangs teenagers for being gay

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
bhaexpress said:
Vlad old boy, I might be pompous but I think that it's beter than being obnoxious, I somehow doubt that you have the familarity with the Bible Belt that you claim as well. If you did you'd be far more aware of the intollerence there. According to the average 'devout Christian ' there, and believe me I have met more than a few, they think that homosexuality is an abomination against God. I It says so in the Bible I'm told. But of course you knew that didn't you ? Oh dear, clearly not.

As I said, you have a warped view. Yes, many in the Bible Belt disapprove of homosexuality but you have it completely out of proportion. Believe it or not, most of them remain relatively decent human beings. I appreciate that doesn't sit well with your desire to portray them all as ignorant scum, but, hey, you know, sometimes you have to look beyond your own bigotry.

But thank you for telling me my memories of the Bible Belt must have been implanted by some alien or something. Funny thing is, my last in depth conversation with someone from the Bible Belt was on Tuesday and it didn't half seem real at the time.

bhaexpress said:
You seem to be saying, well I don't like it but as it's another culture that's okay. By that token no doubt the Holocaust was okay too because it happened in a 'different culture'. Wrong, it is not okay.

What an ignorant response. You obviously have missed the point altogether. I don't know why I bother sometimes, I really don't. Maybe this is just too far above you.

bhaexpress said:
As it is, I have no desire to continue this dialog as not only will it bore other people . You should have replied to the PM I sent you rather than start a pointless row,

Well, good news at last. BHA now has a policy of not boring anyone.

BTW, I don't have PMs turned on. If you have anything to say, you can say it here. That's what these forums are for, you know.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Girls, girls, please stop!!

My original post was to draw attention to the barbaric practices of a Muslim theocracy. Whatever the prevailing political or religious culture, I firmly believe that judicial murder is always wrong. Always.

Judicial murder is wrong in Iran. It's wrong in Iraq. In Saudi, Nigeria, China. And oh yes, it's wrong in the good ol' US of A.

When judicial murder is carried out on teenagers - for alleged homosexual activity - there is an extra level of barbarism involved. The need to oppose such barbarism - on straightforward human rights grounds - must override the liberal's usual inclination to tolerate cultural variance in creating and applying laws.

My central point was that the Muslim theocracies uniquely enslave whole populations in a grotesque mind-control game. No-one can dare opt out, unless they're prepared to risk the death penalty. Women are third-class citizens and gays routinely murdered, thanks to politically-motivated interpretation by 'scholars' of the incoherent ramblings of their imagined prophet 1500 years ago.

What's it to be: Muslim Theocracy or Fundamentalist Christian presidency? We should all be on our guard aganst both kinds of odious religious extremism.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Gilliver's Travels said:
Girls, girls, please stop!!

My original post was to draw attention to the barbaric practices of a Muslim theocracy. Whatever the prevailing political or religious culture, I firmly believe that judicial murder is always wrong. Always.

Judicial murder is wrong in Iran. It's wrong in Iraq. In Saudi, Nigeria, China. And oh yes, it's wrong in the good ol' US of A.

When judicial murder is carried out on teenagers - for alleged homosexual activity - there is an extra level of barbarism involved. The need to oppose such barbarism - on straightforward human rights grounds - must override the liberal's usual inclination to tolerate cultural variance in creating and applying laws.

My central point was that the Muslim theocracies uniquely enslave whole populations in a grotesque mind-control game. No-one can dare opt out, unless they're prepared to risk the death penalty. Women are third-class citizens and gays routinely murdered, thanks to politically-motivated interpretation by 'scholars' of the incoherent ramblings of their imagined prophet 1500 years ago.

What's it to be: Muslim Theocracy or Fundamentalist Christian presidency? We should all be on our guard aganst both kinds of odious religious extremism.

Word.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
DJ Leon said:
I just can't belive it will happen (bombing or invasion). I simply can't get my head around how stupid it would be.

Please God, don't let it happen. Oh, hang on, isn't he telling George Bush to do it? :D

The Iranians can easily avoid a bombing campaign. They just need to do as they are told.

:smokin::jester:

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Ernest said:
Read what the bible has to say about being gay :angry: :angry: :angry:

The troble is Ernie that I doubt that too many people on here read the Bible for a start and at the end of the day, even if you don't consider it to be a marvellous work of fiction it is still 2000 years (at the latest) out of date and most of it has little or no rellevence.

Anyway, since when have you become a God botherer ? I thought you worshiped Mcgoo (in warped way as Vlad would say).

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
bhaexpress said:
The troble is Ernie that I doubt that too many people on here read the Bible for a start and at the end of the day, even if you don't consider it to be a marvellous work of fiction it is still 2000 years (at the latest) out of date and most of it has little or no rellevence.

Anyway, since when have you become a God botherer ? I thought you worshiped Mcgoo (in warped way as Vlad would say).

The bible says being gay is a sin, and seeing as England is a christian country and christianity adheres to the bibles preachings then homosexuality should be a criminal offence in this country.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
chez said:
The bible says being gay is a sin, and seeing as England is a christian country and christianity adheres to the bibles preachings then homosexuality should be a criminal offence in this country.

Well yes but The Bible is not a secular book of law is it ? Granted I would be the first to agree that the ten commandments are a good set of rules to live by but the Third Commandment doesn't say 'Thou shalt not Kill unless they be homosexual' it just has the first four words.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
chez said:

The Bible says lots of very, very silly, and self-contradictory things. Like "Thou shalt not kill", while elsewhere recommending murder: "Better that a millstone be hung around his neck and he be drowned than harm a hair of the child's head." It also says the world was 'created', as it looks now, in seven days. Only Americans believe that sort of thing. Yet they still like to do plenty of killing...

Do we really want British law to continue taking its lead from such embarrassing 'Christian' nonsense?

The Bible, Qur'an, Talmud... all these 'holy books' are just handy pick'n'mix ragbags of justification for anything those in power feel like inflicting on the rest of us. Do we really need to cling on to myths and legends invented in times when people thought the earth was flat? It really is time we all grew up and thought for ourselves.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
chicken run said:
Why thankyou and I live in a village and i'm the only one:wave:

Curious that you started a thread about anal sex too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here