Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iran hangs teenagers for being gay

Dandyman

In London village.
Vlad the Impala said:
Erm, yes I am VERY familiar with the Bible Belt, thank you. Rather pompous of you to assume you are the only one who has lived there.

The point is that you are viewing the hangings against a backdrop of your own culture and upbringing. You don't like what they did - I don't like what they did. But we are not them. They clearly see things very differently. You want them to see things exactly the way we do because to you that is 'right.' You want to judge them by your standards because you (maybe subconsciously) think the western way is superior. But what is 'right' is often simply a matter of culture and moment in history. It is not that long ago that similar things would have been done by your ancestors. Your attitude is little different to European attitudes of the past that said the 'savages' needed to be 'civilised'.

www.un.org/Overview/rights.html

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
jimmyseagull said:
Reckon you should be f***ing 'Hung' as well then. :D

Contary to popular speculation, as far as I know Ernest has never felt me to the best of my knowledge :lolol:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Beach Hut said:
All my life :lolol: :lolol:

Nothing that 6 pints wouldn't cure.

Apparently.:shootself

Anyway, I think you should rename yourself from Beach Hut to Foreshore Cottage......a more accurate reflection.... ;)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
jimmyseagull said:
Maybe Mr Earnest should be careful about what he posts in future. might cause offence, and that would be so unlike him.

Jimmy, I wouldn't let him get to you :lolol: I have good reason to say that as I found out something about our Ernie over the weekend :lolol:

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
bhaexpress said:
Jimmy, I wouldn't let him get to you :lolol: I have good reason to say that as I found out something about our Ernie over the weekend :lolol:

He doesn't get to me at all, i just think his wind-ups cross the line sometimes, and they become so unfunny.

Let us know what you found out then, come on!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
jimmyseagull said:
He doesn't get to me at all, i just think his wind-ups cross the line sometimes, and they become so unfunny.

Let us know what you found out then, come on!

Sorry but I can't come out with it here :D

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
bhaexpress said:
Sorry but I can't come out with it here :D

You can't "come out" with it here? Was that a subtle hint?

Is Ernie a podium dancer at Heaven? Gold lurex hotpants?

Go on, cough it up....

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
Alot of what this guy posts is bollox.But there are still an element of Ernie arse lickers on here who find him funny.Most of them are college boys or students.
Hanging someone for being bent is extreme to say the least.But some of his views are perfectly justifiable.Just because he has right wing views doesn't mean he should be slaughtered for it.Some of you lefties have sad views on life but thats your choice.At the same time we cannot appose our laws on another country.People like Huntley should be executed not be given 40 years.I want to see tougher sentencing in this country and stricter rules.But if Ernie is just out to wind people up then he is just a sad pillock.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
rogue said:
Alot of what this guy posts is bollox.But there are still an element of Ernie arse lickers on here who find him funny.Most of them are college boys or students.
Hanging someone for being bent is extreme to say the least.But some of his views are perfectly justifiable.Just because he has right wing views doesn't mean he should be slaughtered for it.Some of you lefties have sad views on life but thats your choice.At the same time we cannot appose our laws on another country.People like Huntley should be executed not be given 40 years.I want to see tougher sentencing in this country and stricter rules.But if Ernie is just out to wind people up then he is just a sad pillock.

You talking to me ? Hey, I've agreed with once today already :D Don't make a habit of it :D

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
Morning Frank.My post wasn't really directed at anyone in particular.I just get fed up with people who jump on right wing peoples backs

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
rogue said:
Morning Frank.My post wasn't really directed at anyone in particular.I just get fed up with people who jump on right wing peoples backs

You know I was joking and I agree, you have a reason for your views and fair play to you for that. You don't rant and spit bile or abuse like Looney and you don't try to get a cheap rise like you know who.

See ya soon.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
rogue said:

Personaly i find that a bit hypocritical, you're more than happy to jump in with the PC accustions if someone posts a liberal/lefty point of view and yet you get a bit upset when you get negative reactions to your more reactionary musings.

It's all part and parcel of the debate you capitalist running dog

:wave:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Voroshilov said:
Personaly i find that a bit hypocritical, you're more than happy to jump in with the PC accustions if someone posts a liberal/lefty point of view and yet you get a bit upset when you get negative reactions to your more reactionary musings.

It's all part and parcel of the debate you capitalist running dog

:wave:

Sorry, I know Rogue fairly well and I would say if anything I'm guilty of what you say. Rogue has his views but he stops well short of Looney who is just plain obnoxious.

Dandyman

In London village.
London Irish said:
These are appalling acts and a dire warning about the dangers of fundamentalism.

What makes me sad though is when Outrage and Peter Tatchell target moderate Muslim clerics like Yusuf al-Qaradawi when they come to this country at the invitation of Ken Livingstone.

Al-Qaradawi speaks out against the barbarians who carry out these judidicial killings in the name of Islam, yet because he is one of the few attempting to engage with the west in addressing conferences and meetings in this country, our dumb gay rights campaigners have a pop at him :rolleyes:

Hmmm...Al-Qaradawi believes homosexuality is a perversion and that "muslim lands" should be ruled by Sharia law.

He has gone onto say that:

"As to the issue of how the homosexual person is judged in an Islamic State, the Companions of Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessing be upon him differed among themselves on this issue, and this led to different views maintained by Muslim Jurists. For example, in the Hanafi school of thought, the homosexual is punished through harsh beating, and if he/she repeats the act, death penalty is to be applied. As for the Shafi`i school of thought, the homosexual receives the same punishment of adultery (if he/she is married) or fornication (if not married). This means, that if the homosexual is married, he/she is stoned to death, while if single, he/she is whipped 100 times. Hence, the Shafi`i compares the punishment applied in the case of homosexuality with that of adultery and fornication, while the Hanafi differentiates between the two acts because in homosexuality, the anus (a place of impurity) may also be involved while in adultery (and fornication), the penis/vagina (which are reproductive parts) are involved. Some scholars hold the opinion that the homosexual should be thrown from a high building as a punishment for his crime, but other scholars maintain that he should be imprisoned until death."

So his moderation would appear to mean that as a possible alternative to being stoned to death or thrown off the top of a multi-story gays and lesbians can just be locked up for the rest of their lives.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here