Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Caveman said:
:nono: Sorry to see Darren go!

But hey we need the money.

McGee give ALBERT JARRETT a run out PLEASE :clap2: :clap2:

Agree with Caveman, Jarrett must be given a chance in the first team, as him and Currie seem to have the same postition and skills on the park.

Admittedly Currie seems to have created more goals than Jarrett, but Currie has played more. Hopefully Jarrett has learnt from watching Currie, when he's been on the bench.

Not a bad bit of business by the club, another 250K for pushing for Falmer I think, rather than strengthning the squad. :smokin:

Prehaps we're going to get a loan player from Le Harve! :cool:

Don't forget at the start of the season, people were saying Currie might be a bad omen, as the club he'd been with in the Championship/Division 1 had always been relegated :p

(Currently Ipswich are 160-1 to get relegated on Betfair. I just might have to have a pound on that then ;) !!)

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Bit of a shit way to start the day! But the more I have read the more I am not so worried. Was this the reason why he was so shite last Saturday? Was his mind elsewhere?

Thanks for the six months Darren "Beckham of the lower leagues" Currie :clap:

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
MMmmmm, had a quick look around midnight last night, didn't see anything much (might have missed this). Got to work and BANG , threads like 'what to do with the Currie money' etc.

But 30 mins later, I feel a little less bothered about this. Currie has been inspirational in many ways this year, but who is to say he wouldn't have broken his leg next week, or suddenly dipped in form as he did for Wycombe.

He did have a habbit of doing a Brooker (fading in and out), but his ability to cross the ball was clear to see.

I like Albert Jarrett and think if he is given a greater opportunity he will become a good player out wide, and with the £250k and the wages we are no longer paying then we should be able to afford 1 or 2 (I hope) new players.

With the squad left I would play the following

Attacking 5-3-2

Kuipers

Hammond Butters Cullip Virgo Harding
Oatway Carpenter Nicolas
Knight Claridge

Subs: Roberts, Jarrett, Reid, Hinshelwood, OGH

More stable 4-4-2

Kuipers
Virgo Butters Cullip Harding
Hammond Oatway/Chippy Nicolas Jarrett
Knight Claridge
Subs: Roberts, OGH, El-abd, Reid, Hinshelwood

Plus other squad players like Jones, Molongo, Jakey to push for places.

PLUS the possibility of a couple of new faces (maybe even Quincy Owkjkdasdjhfsdb on loan).

Things aint so bad.... Roll on Saturday (As proved before, we are not a ONE MAN TEAM, we are a squad and a club which is pulling together) :clap2: :clap2:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Right now, this is a disaster.

Currie was the only creative player we had in a team that wassn't scoring that many goals to start with.

This statistic would suggest that we will get relegated, unless we bring somebody in who is at least as effective as Currie.

Of the players we have, Hart is not as creative and Jarrett is unlikely to be as influential. Both players have not impressed McGhee much thus far.

If we want to stay up we'll need to bring in somebody new. Hopefully, McGhee can persuade the board to give him some cash to bring somebody in, otherwise we're fooked.

Halftime Oranges

Oct 22, 2003
Rottingdean
FFS yeah this is a great bit of business but come the end of season we play Ipswich and he sails a screamer in the top corner we are f***ed, relegated none will care.

Plus please don't dillusion yourselfs that the money is for players:angry: :angry: :angry:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
In terms of set pieces, might Paul Watson be able to give us something if/when he gets back? Granted he's not in Currie's class but he has hit some magnificent deliveries in his time.

bellsize seagull

Mar 1, 2004
north london
lost our best dead ball and most creative player in midfield, but good luck daz darren bent will be licking his lips at the service he shall be receiving !! :(

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
All those who slagged him off a the beginning of the season ( you know who you are) get down on your knees and beg forgiveness. Watch and weep now our one creative player has gone.

This is a disaster. 250 k is nothing for a player of Currie's skills - I don't think we got nearly enough for him. Who can we find to replace him for even a fraction of the money McGhee may get.

This really is a sad day for BHA.

We're doomed.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
He was the man who took nearly all of our set-pieces. Now we'll have to work out new set-piece techniques.

Leon Knight is superb at set-pieces.

Previously we needed him in the area - but now .....

(remember his free-kick at the Millennium that hit the bar?)

Halftime Oranges

Oct 22, 2003
Rottingdean
Money from Currie

Why can't we put all that money into the team and guarentee staying up?

Mcghee sonner or later will probably leave due to the shite financial position we're in and leave for some team with a stadium like Leicester, Reading etc.

Plus if Currie played fantastically for us the whole season and we just missed out on staying up he could have left for nothing and we have no money for him. Why not restructure the team bring in a few players. We've lost a top player no one wants it slipping into the boards back pocket:)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Why cant we buy a script for NSC that deletes threads THAT ALREADY EXIST :jester:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I know it's good business but

why do I feel so pissed off this morning?

Good luck Darren

(hopefully we can get a loan player in)

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Robert Lester Zamora said:
Leon Knight is superb at set-pieces.

Previously we needed him in the area - but now .....

(remember his free-kick at the Millennium that hit the bar?)

So why don't we need him in the area now? Are we getting another striker at last????

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Sad to see Currie leave, especially as my stripes are now out of date!! I wish him well at Ipswich, it is an opportunity he should have had years ago really, so you can't blame him for jumping at the chance.

A good bit of business for the club which, together with the Spurs match, should go a little way to easing the finacial burden of Withdean this season.

I don't think the playing side will be unduly affected given that McGhee seems set on playing 5-3-2 now; but we'll see.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Curious Orange said:
Sad to see Currie leave, especially as my stripes are now out of date!! I wish him well at Ipswich, it is an opportunity he should have had years ago really, so you can't blame him for jumping at the chance.

A good bit of business for the club which, together with the Spurs match, should go a little way to easing the finacial burden of Withdean this season.

I don't think the playing side will be unduly affected given that McGhee seems set on playing 5-3-2 now; but we'll see.

It'll be effected because who now will supply the passes, crosses, corners which have led to most of our goals?

Halftime Oranges

Oct 22, 2003
Rottingdean
FFS he was quality we'll lack a potent force in attack:angry:

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
I think the main worry for me is the question of what's going to happen to the money.

If we KNEW that some of it was going to go towards some new players then we wouldn't be so worried.

I just have the feeling that all of this is going straight to the lawyers/taxman and not towards the playing staff. Leaving us with Gary Hart as a play-maker. God love him, he does try but he ain't a playmaker.

Even if we do get someone in it'll be that Mark McCammon. A player who's scored 15 goals in his entire career as a striker. A player who most Millwall fans think that they should pay US to take him off their hands.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bloody hell !!

What a cute bit of business. I would have dropped him anyrate cause he was too slow. Although he was good, his lack of space made him use the longer ball too often and the opponents knew what to expect.

But who is going to take the corners? Chippy must be back!

PS: I would have included a condition that he cannot play in the last match of the season.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here