Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich Sign Currie in £250k Deal

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Bald Gull said:
Can't believe he's gone BUT £250k seems quite a bit of money for someone who is getting on a bit in footballing terms and was free to talk to other clubs in the next month.

If it means we get the youngster from Arsenal on loan and another striker - it's a great bit of business

Just hope dick included the clause that he cant play against us when we play them next !

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Bloody Hell, just woke up and heard this on the way in to work :ohmy:

Thoughts that went through my mind were

1) Odd, why would Ipswich want Currie.
2) Shit, who's gonna cross the ball and take freekicks now!
3) Bloody good business though to turn £0 into £250k.
4) Bet we still don't get anyone in.

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
Currie has had a good season so far and I think we will miss his dead ball delivery and crosses

BUT

What a great piece of business for McGhee. I will be devastated if ALL of these funds are not made available for new players.

It could be the difference between us being at Layer Road or at Elland Road this time next year ...

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Bad news

Only player in our squad capable of hitting a ball with accuracy over a long distance.
He was the man who took nearly all of our set-pieces. Now we'll have to work out new set-piece techniques.
One of the few players we possess who could do something brilliant in a game. One of the few players who rose above the "run 'til your legs turn to water" mentality that dominates lower level football.
Was a real hard worker, not often a trait possessed by play-makers.
A play-making midfielder is a very hard player to replace.
He's going to come back and score against us on the last day of the season.
Had lovely hair.
Loss of great curry based puns.
Nagging doubt over whether any of this money will go towards new players. Thought of this cash going down the Falmer black hole.
If money is spent on new player, it will go towards McCammon. A man who has scored 2 goals in over a year.

Not such bad news:

Had all the pace of an old lady.
With a gammy knee.
Could go missing during games.
Couldn't tackle and sometimes could leave the defender behind him rather exposed.
Most of his corners tended to end going straight into the keepers arms.
Didn't look at all impressive in centre-midfield against Rotherham.
We beat West Ham without him.
250k for a 30 year old who's played most of his career in the bottom 2 leagues is pretty amazing.
250k up front will come in handy.
We could sign Dr Quincy after this sale.
Could mean that Jarrett can take off the sack cloth and ashes and be welcomed back from his exile.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
BOLLOCKS :angry: -goodbye the English Zidane :(

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ex Shelton Seagull said:

Not such bad news:

Had all the pace of an old lady.
With a gammy knee.
Could go missing during games.
Couldn't tackle and sometimes could leave the defender behind him rather exposed.
Most of his corners tended to end going straight into the keepers arms.
Didn't look at all impressive in centre-midfield against Rotherham.
We beat West Ham without him.
250k for a 30 year old who's played most of his career in the bottom 2 leagues is pretty amazing.
250k up front will come in handy.
We could sign Dr Quincy after this sale.
Could mean that Jarrett can take off the sack cloth and ashes and be welcomed back from his exile.

If Ipswich get promoted maybe we can have him back on loan next season :)

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
My initial reaction to his signing was - what the fcuk are we doing? however, after the last two months I have to say I have significantly changed my view as he has been excellent. Will remember the free kick against QPR for quite sometime.

Good luck to the guy and I hope too that there's a bonus on them getting promoted.

Presumably McCammon comes in and perhaps one other with the rest in the lawyers fund.

How far up the ticket list does £250K in the A&K fund get you? :lolol:

As long as it doen't men Jonah playing tomorrow I'm OK with a solid piece of business.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I reckon the Falmer lawyers are rubbing their hands together, here comes their christmas bonus from Dick and martin

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Gutted to see him go, but we made some cash on him so not all is bad.

Shit happens...

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Gutted at this news. He ws my player of the season so far and his crossing and passing were a class above. This is bad news indeed. Do we not want to stay up?

It leaves us with Nathan Jones and Albert Jarett to fight it out for his place.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
GUNTER said:
It leaves us with Nathan Jones and Albert Jarett to fight it out for his place.

I though Nathan Jones had gone to Le Havre on loan... is he going to be recalled. Not a great start to the Entente Cordiale.

Completely in shock. Just arrived at work. Toast, coffee & quick surf to begin my day.

Gutted. Decent price, but still gutted. Masterstroke signing by McGhee, not convinced we have the players required to cover the loss, in terms of skill and chance creation.

The way I see it, we will now sign Claridge until season end, and will probably see McCammon coming in on loan. The rest of the cash will help with the ever draining, yet oh so vital, Falmer project.

(Quincy from Arsenal insists on playing as a winger, I will be fully appeased in we get him on loan).

Last edited:

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Titanic said:
I though Nathan Jones had gone to Le Havre on loan... is he going to be recalled. Not a great start to the Entente Cordiale.

It has not been confirmed yet, apparently Hinsberger the Le Havre coach watched him in the reserve game with Gillingham. I'm not sure he would have been that impressed as we lost 2-0 tho.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Currie deal not yet done. He is having his medical this morning and Ipswich have arranged a press conference for 1.20pm

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here