Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
c£300 seems to be about the mark from the phone buying companies for my 32gb 4s, more like £400 from eBay. eBay feels like such hassle though.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
my youngest who works for apple has been offered £380 for her IP4

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I've got an iPhone 4 with a smashed screen and slightly unresponsive home button.

Any offers?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
interesting read on the Register, regarding the 4G support. it'll be tied to EE's current service as the models dont support the expected standard 2.6Ghz bandwidth. obviously not a big deal for most considering the slim EE 4G coverage, but in a years time when the main 2.6 GHz 4G roll out occurs you wont be able to migrate networks. one would presume the iPhone 5S will support this band.

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
I'm a bit baffled as to what those expecting more were expecting. What stuff would have made them go 'wow'?

Don't know about expecting, but something that would make a big difference to me would be a really cool way of doing word processing. I know this might sound a bit weird, but I quite often need to work on short train journeys for example and I don't always want to have to carry a netbook / ipad around.

Actually, while I'm at it, any suggestions for whether this is possible (even if not in a very sexy way) on existing iPhones or the 5?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Don't know about expecting, but something that would make a big difference to me would be a really cool way of doing word processing. I know this might sound a bit weird, but I quite often need to work on short train journeys for example and I don't always want to have to carry a netbook / ipad around.

Actually, while I'm at it, any suggestions for whether this is possible (even if not in a very sexy way) on existing iPhones or the 5?

Yeah - Pages for iPhone - http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fitunes.apple.com%2Fgb%2Fapp%2Fpages%2Fid361309726%3Fmt%3D8&ei=09tRUOHiLuG90QXCoIG4AQ&usg=AFQjCNH-TpMaJOG5QzP673GEE6Iu4rj_VQ&sig2=snnXzRgeEwzLpnUDhvKC5A

Use voice dictation if you're alone or get a cheap bluetooth keyboard.

Or wait for the mini iPad.

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
What colour is everyone getting? Was going to get White, but not sure now its White/Silver, and the Black/Slate looks like a nice finish.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What colour is everyone getting? Was going to get White, but not sure now its White/Silver, and the Black/Slate looks like a nice finish.

Now THAT is the big question.

My 4s is white but I'm tempted to go back to black this time. It looks stealthy.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I'm still undecided, always had black in the past but I rather like the silver back on the white one. IT depends how scratch resistant it is really as if it is likely to get scuffed up I'll keep it in a case anyway so the colour is kind of irrelevant. If it is going to be robust without a case then I would consider the colour a more major factor.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The white one is for the ladies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here