Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPhone 5

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
No, I wasn't blown away, but i wasn't expecting to be. As I've said on here many times - there seems to be little scope for massive innovation in smartphone hardware now. Samsung don't do it, Motorola don't do it, HTC don't do it and Apple don't do it. Bigger screen, faster CPU and graphics, better camera optics and a bit more battery all wrapped up in a different form factor - that's pretty much all anyone has delivered since the first iPhone came about.

Software is a different story - that's where real movement has happened. But today was never about software - Apple already did their iOS6 thing.

What the chuff does "It's saying something if you have to wait for the experts to tell you if it's good or not." mean? It's a phone that is not available for me, you, or most people to touch. As such, until I can get hands on, the reviews of experts are going to be of interest.

Maybe I expect more from them then. I was expecting some new innovations, but we didn't get them. From 3GS to 4 was a big step. I was expecting big from 4 to 5.

Meh. I'll still buy one.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I really hope my life never reaches the point where I'm arguing with strangers about mobile telephones.

A world away from the deep and meaningful philosophical debates that rage over on NSP...

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Maybe I expect more from them then. I was expecting some new innovations, but we didn't get them. From 3GS to 4 was a big step. I was expecting big from 4 to 5.

Meh. I'll still buy one.

I still have the 4. The upwards step between the 4 and 5 is pretty high bud.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I want a waterproof iPhone when are they going to invent that ffs

I bust one at the beach this summer and dropped one in a pint in Miami in January!!

Expensive business

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
I still have the 4. The upwards step between the 4 and 5 is pretty high bud.

I have the four too mate. I always skip the 'speed bump' versions because they're not worth the additional cashish. I don't know what I expected, but with every big revisions, for me, there's always been that wow factor. With the 3G is was just how much ahead of anything in the market place it was. With the 4 it was the display, with the 5 well, I don't see anything that is WOW with it. Camera is nice, faster is nice, screen wont be any different (other than size). I guess I was just expecting something to blow me away rather than just a quicker phone.

But Apple fans expect, and sometimes their expectations are too high. I"m still getting one because as you say, it's better than the 4 by quite a bit.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
f*** me both phones are top notch why are you lot going on as if you're debating who's got the biggest sperm count ?
Get what one you prefer & be safe in the knowledge that there's no right or wrong choice as its that close it simply comes down to preference

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I have the four too mate. I always skip the 'speed bump' versions because they're not worth the additional cashish. I don't know what I expected, but with every big revisions, for me, there's always been that wow factor. With the 3G is was just how much ahead of anything in the market place it was. With the 4 it was the display, with the 5 well, I don't see anything that is WOW with it. Camera is nice, faster is nice, screen wont be any different (other than size). I guess I was just expecting something to blow me away rather than just a quicker phone.

But Apple fans expect, and sometimes their expectations are too high. I"m still getting one because as you say, it's better than the 4 by quite a bit.

I think they've pretty much pushed the tech to its limit for the time being mate.
It's been like the bloody space race the way these companies have been going hammer & tong trying to out do one another lol.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I want a waterproof iPhone when are they going to invent that ffs

I bust one at the beach this summer and dropped one in a pint in Miami in January!!

Expensive business

Check out life proof cases make the iphone waterproof.

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
Definitely a tad underwhelming!
It falls into the category of "will get one when my 4s breaks / wears out" rather than a must have.
I am more than a litle dissappointed.
I hope they do better with the long overdue Logic 10 and Mac Pro upgrade.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
f*** me both phones are top notch why are you lot going on as if you're debating who's got the biggest sperm count ?
Get what one you prefer & be safe in the knowledge that there's no right or wrong choice as its that close it simply comes down to preference

This, love my 4S, upgrade is June 13, I would renew my 4s but if there is a newer version (ie the 5), I'll go with that.

Iphones are easy, does the job!

Brill...end of!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here