Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPhone 5

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
That is VERY good. Do you have to pay for £hundreds for the phone on that deal??

It looks a cracking deal. I dont really want to spend more than the £36 a month because after that you dont get that much more and it goes from £41 then 51 a month...

It's £104 pound for the phone.. which is the same phone cost as the other for a £36 a month contract.

T-Mobile iPhone The Full Monty 2000 - 24 Months

Minutes 2000 Texts Unlimited Data Includes Unlimited Data Allowance
£104.00 £36.00

24 Month iPhone 37 Unlimited Minutes 1GB Data
Minutes Unlimited Texts Unlimited Data Includes 1GB Data + 2GB Wi-Fi
£94.00 £37.00

O2 iPhone Unlimited On & On - 24 Months
Minutes Unlimited Texts Unlimited Data Includes 1GB Data + WiFi
£94.99 £36.00

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
So looking at it t-mobile is the way to go...

£6 and a £104 on the phone.

To buy it outright doesnt save that much money as the phone is 530 and you still have to pay £10 min for a sim...

£530 plus £240 = £770

on contract £104 plus £864 = £968 with a better contract... plus o need to lay out the lump sum initially... an extra £198 over 2 years is fine.

Plus if you arent on a contract it may be hard to get the nano sim.. I wanted to buy the phone outright and get a giff gaff sim but this isnt going to be available for a nano sim for a cpl of months.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Agree with [MENTION=179]tinx[/MENTION] - it is a lovely thing - beautiful, sleek, light and very quick.

My 4S already feels strange in comparison.

I've gone with 3 for now to keep me going until giffgaff sort themselves out - 3G seems very decent here.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Try the Apple Store if you want a contract - I was amazed that they did them. Most of the morning no queue for contract phones whilst hundreds queuing for SIM free.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Try the Apple Store if you want a contract - I was amazed that they did them. Most of the morning no queue for contract phones whilst hundreds queuing for SIM free.

Apple do contracts? what networks?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London

As in contracts with Apple? Or they do Orange etc contracts?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Really 3? how come?

Just been trying to get the iphone 5 at lunch and most stores only had a few delivered which were all claimed by the staff.

I dont want to go on vodafone as i have had a lot of issues with them in the past.

So for me orange and t-mobile or o2. However t-mobile offer unlimited data usage for £36 where other networks for the same monthly cost only offer 1gig of data... Are T-mobile that bad to offer such a good deal?

It all comes down to personal preference to be honest.
36 on T-Mobile with unlimited data is good, however remember there's no tethering and 4G is not available in most places for at least another year.
I'd personally go for 3 as I'm a data whore and need to tether. I rack up over 35GB p/m without tethering!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
The more I play with it the more it feels like a big step up from all previous iPhones. It's also a huge step up from the htc one x I was using before as well.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
When I ordered my I5 last Friday, Apple gave me an expected delivery date of 1 October.

Had an email from them last night, should be delivered Monday 24 September! :bowdown:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
When I ordered my I5 last Friday, Apple gave me an expected delivery date of 1 October.

Had an email from them last night, should be delivered Monday 24 September! :bowdown:

Called 2 days ago to sort my upgrade to a 32gb iPhone 5 in black, was told that demand/supply was poor for that model so would probably have to wait about a week, had fully accepted that might be the case before calling. Got a phone call YESTERDAY from CityLink saying they had it ready for delivery. At a wedding so picking it up Monday! Great times for all concerned.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Another question...

Going to get a 32 gig on t-mobile with unlimited data, texts and 2000 mins

If i get a contract phone im guessing it wont be unlocked... However in time will it be possible to unlock them?

Also if i go with a contract say t-mobile or orange etc.... WIll it have a stupid orange or t mobile logo on it or will the phone look the same as if i got it outright?

Thanks again

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Another question...

Going to get a 32 gig on t-mobile with unlimited data, texts and 2000 mins

If i get a contract phone im guessing it wont be unlocked... However in time will it be possible to unlock them?

Also if i go with a contract say t-mobile or orange etc.... WIll it have a stupid orange or t mobile logo on it or will the phone look the same as if i got it outright?

Thanks again

There will be no logo on it and you can unlock it at a later date if you wish. I believe people can do this for about £15

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
There will be no logo on it and you can unlock it at a later date if you wish. I believe people can do this for about £15

right im gonna take the plunge...

what gig shall i go for... a guy a at was saying 16 gig will fill up very quickly?

once this has been answered im ordering :)

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

what gig shall i go for... a guy a at was saying 16 gig will fill up very quickly?

For me 16gb is more than enough for music and photos. I stream everything else with unlimited internet so you should be fine.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012

Depends on a couple of things.

1. How much music do you intend on storing?
2. Will you be watching movies or TV shows you've downloaded?

If you don't have a lot of music and you're not saving films to the phone then 16GB will be more than enough (remember the days when computers had less than this?). If, like me, you have a lot of music and videos then I would get the bigger one. The new camera makes the image sizes with the camera much larger, too.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Yeah 16Gb is fine for me, I have all my apps on my new one that I use plus a few games and some music and I have 5Gb left. I am not one to want all my music on my device and just have enough to keep me happy for a few hours so have no need for bigger. My iPhone 4 I went for 32Gb and never used more than 16Gb the whole time I had it which I felt was a bit of a waste of money really.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I'll be using my ipod for music... I wont be downloading stuff on it...

My main concern was the space apps take (ive never had an iphone before so dont have a clue)

I want a sat nav app and a golf GPS app... so not sure the size of these...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here