Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPhone 5

D

Deleted member 18477

Ooooooooh - get her!

I'm seriously considering getting a galaxy s3... It's meant to be better. Tell me why I shouldn't jump to the dark side over this new iPhone 5??? What makes it better than a s3?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I never buy phones on a contract, hence that would not be a problem, especially with a HTC One X that I have.

Oh, also, quite frankly the shit you are talking about is pretty much iPhone.

I have an HTC ONE X and quite frankly its not fit to wipe the arse of the iphone 4s let alone the iphone 5. I got the One X as soon as it was released and as of today when the iphone 5 courier delivers I am getting rid of it because the battery life is shockingly bad and the OS is flakey and unreliable.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
To be fair the maps are shocking. How could Apple release them without testing them fully. You cannot zoom in on Brighton in satellite mode either. Hopefully Google will release its maps to the app store.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
getting my iphone tomorrow...

Cant wait for the golf GPS woohoo

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What a palaver

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I'm seriously considering getting a galaxy s3... It's meant to be better. Tell me why I shouldn't jump to the dark side over this new iPhone 5??? What makes it better than a s3?

There almost isn't a better or worse anymore.

S3:
Lower build quality
Mahoosive Screen
Very Fast
Good Camera
Google Play
A lot more flexibility with what you can do to the OS

iPhone 5
Smaller screen
Better build quality
Better App Store
Similar camera performance
Pretty tightly locked down unless you jailbreak

It just all depends on what suits you. Personally. I've paid for so many bloody apps over the last couple of years I'm probably going to stick with Apple as I have no problem with the product and it will end up costing me money to switch to Android.

D

Deleted member 18477

There almost isn't a better or worse anymore.

S3:
Lower build quality
Mahoosive Screen
Very Fast
Good Camera
Google Play
A lot more flexibility with what you can do to the OS

iPhone 5
Smaller screen
Better build quality
Better App Store
Similar camera performance
Pretty tightly locked down unless you jailbreak

It just all depends on what suits you. Personally. I've paid for so many bloody apps over the last couple of years I'm probably going to stick with Apple as I have no problem with the product and it will end up costing me money to switch to Android.

Think I'll stick with apple. Looking for a reliable phone, good build quality, decent camera, and I also have a fair few apple apps.

I've had the iphone 3gs for 3 years! Best phone I've ever had! Dropped it so many times as well!

Last edited by a moderator:

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
If anyone is looking to sell a white iPhone 4/4S following the purchase of their iPhone 5 then please let me know.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The whole 'build quality' argument is very weak. There is absolutely nothing to grumble about regarding the S3 build, it's just a lazy excuse Apple fans are using to justify their phone selection.

seagullfromamex

Apr 6, 2012
The whole 'build quality' argument is very weak. There is absolutely nothing to grumble about regarding the S3 build, it's just a lazy excuse Apple fans are using to justify their phone selection.

Indeed. Considering build quality, S3 did better than 4s ln the drop test. Camera is better on S3 as well. Any argument except for market is wrong, actually.

247647_10151074409611523_2136048253_n.jpg

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] will give you 24 hr technical support :)

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Pre-ordered on Tuesday. Went to pick up... "Sorry, we haven't got one for you. No, you can't have your deposit back - we should have one for you buy Monday".

Thanks Orange, thanks a f*cking lot.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Pre-ordered on Tuesday. Went to pick up... "Sorry, we haven't got one for you. No, you can't have your deposit back - we should have one for you buy Monday".

Thanks Orange, thanks a f*cking lot.

same here the lying bastards. You will be the first to have a new iPhone. Bastards.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I doubt you'll get it any quicker on o2 now. I'm sure they've sold out.

Oh, I'm sure you're right. It's the principle damnit - lie to me about guaranteeing a phone on release date and you don't get my custom for the next 24 months...

(Actually, more to the point - lie about guaranteeing the phone on release date and you, smug Mr Sales Assistant who should still be at school judging by your attempt to grow a beard, don't get any commission out of me)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here