Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPhone 5

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I am having a nightmare trying to get one anywhere. They dont even know when their deliveries will be in next.

Even the Apple Store itself (Regent Street & Covent Garden at least) won't let you buy one unless you request a specific purchase time the day before. Even then, if they allocate you a time that you won't be able to make (because you've got a job) then tough, you're not getting one.

No queuing allowed now, and you can't move the request as it's all done online and you get your confirmation e-mail at 9pm.

The network shops are even worse (Orange today told me they couldn't guarantee before Saturday - and I'll be down in Brighton for the footy then anyway)

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Facebook about 200 friends
Twitter 500 odd followers following 600

Don't think that's related.

I think it uses a lot of memory storing photos and data. So I was wondering if you had similar friend/followers to me or lower as that could explain it. I don't know how the iPhone stores pictures and data of friends because iOS 6 now has Facebook 'fully integrated' so could be taking/saving a lot more data than before.

You have about the same as me though, so still doesn't explain why you're a lot lower than me.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I think it uses a lot of memory storing photos and data. So I was wondering if you had similar friend/followers to me or lower as that could explain it. I don't know how the iPhone stores pictures and data of friends because iOS 6 now has Facebook 'fully integrated' so could be taking/saving a lot more data than before.

You have about the same as me though, so still doesn't explain why you're a lot lower than me.

I think you are right as my facebook app has grown this afternoon and all I have done is look through a photo album someone posted.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Even the Apple Store itself (Regent Street & Covent Garden at least) won't let you buy one unless you request a specific purchase time the day before. Even then, if they allocate you a time that you won't be able to make (because you've got a job) then tough, you're not getting one.

No queuing allowed now, and you can't move the request as it's all done online and you get your confirmation e-mail at 9pm.

The network shops are even worse (Orange today told me they couldn't guarantee before Saturday - and I'll be down in Brighton for the footy then anyway)

Strange .... I walked into carphone warehouse in westfield at 9.30pm Friday and bought a 64gb no queue.

Lucky I guess....

I did see a queue outside apple on Sunday at Westfield though....

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Currently there are no mobile companies offering 4g. T-Mobile and Orange will be (under the EE banner) when the service is up and running but it will be a new contract of 24 months and probably more expensive (and no doubt not unlimited).

Saying that though I have noticed a setting called "personal hotspot" in settings. Turned it on and you have your own portable WIFI hotspot. The 3g connection at home is around 13-15meg, my o2 phone is around 1meg and my 3 is about 5-6 meg (landline is 1.2meg on a good day). Guess I will be using the i5 for home net until I get an email from T-Mobile saying stop it :) Also I had no issues on a train from London to Leeds with keeping a connection which was of a reasonable speed

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Currently there are no mobile companies offering 4g. T-Mobile and Orange will be (under the EE banner) when the service is up and running but it will be a new contract of 24 months and probably more expensive (and no doubt not unlimited).

The prices I have quoted in this thread for Orange do include unlimited 4G when it comes out, and won't require either a new contract or price rise when it kicks off.

This isn't the case for O2 though, when their network finally wakes up at some point in late 2013...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Strange .... I walked into carphone warehouse in westfield at 9.30pm Friday and bought a 64gb no queue.

Lucky I guess....

or possibly not. apparently John Lewis were selling on launch day, no queues. Apple likes to build up this image of their ultimate desirable item and alot of Jobsian's like to get their whooping and high 5-ing from the Apple munchkins when they buy their new mobile phone. i expect to see self flagellation in the next couple of releases.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Chill. I'm gunna order towards the end of October. Life is too short to get wound up by the availability of a phone. (My 3GS has done me proud for 3 years.. another month won't make a difference). Just buy an iPad whilst you're waiting :lol:

Oh im chilled... just my current contract expires on the 1st Oct...

Order a 32 Gig black Iphone5.... T-Mobile 2000 mins unlimited texts and data. £36 a month and £214 up front for the phone.

The best deal i could find. Got to wait 5 days until it's delivered.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Now here is a total bargain Brand New iPhone 5 32GB Box! | eBay I cannot understand how people are still being idiots and paying that sort of money for a box.

Is anyone else on T-Mobile and have the Personal Hotspot setting available to them? According to T-Mobile, tethering has not been available since early August on the Full Money contracts but I used the Hotspot settings and it worked fine

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Now here is a total bargain Brand New iPhone 5 32GB Box! | eBay I cannot understand how people are still being idiots and paying that sort of money for a box.

Is anyone else on T-Mobile and have the Personal Hotspot setting available to them? According to T-Mobile, tethering has not been available since early August on the Full Money contracts but I used the Hotspot settings and it worked fine

They will clock on very quickly and either remove your 3g access instantly or charge you per every m/b you go over.
The Three network are the only ones to allow tethering.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

I have personal hotspot available on my 4s and I have used it a couple of times. I also used it on my old Nokia too.
However, don't come crying to me if they whack you for a load of charges.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Cann anyone tell me where I can get my I phone 3gs battery replaced locally. I am in Eastbourne. Cheers

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
One thing to watch out for is the retail prices compared to online. o2 charge you £359.99 in store for the phone on a £26 a month contract. You can get the same contract and phone online for £299.99 so if you're buying the phone, don't do it in store, always go online and look around for the best deal.

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
Coin dozer
Zynga poker
Instagram
Crazy dirt bikers
Flick kick football
New star soccer
Sky go ( if you have sky of course )

Also good for keeping kids entertained while you wake up:thumbsup:

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
The prices I have quoted in this thread for Orange do include unlimited 4G when it comes out, and won't require either a new contract or price rise when it kicks off.

This isn't the case for O2 though, when their network finally wakes up at some point in late 2013...

Looks like your sauce was wrong. Im not paying £56 a month for 8 gig of data when I pay 36 and get unlimited data now. Whoop de do EE are giving free unlimited minutes and text but you cant use your 4g connection for more than a couple of streamed movies. Total mess up by them, sticking with 3G now

EEs announced plans are

500MB £36
1GB £41
3GB £46
5GB £51
8GB £56

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here