Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Getting into Pixies again - specifically 'Bossanova'. Probably as I caught them live on BBC6 Music at the end of december. So was listening it on the train to Brighton New Years day to watch the AFCB match.

No prizes for guessing what track was on when we pulled into the station..yep - 'Stormy Weather'. 'Blown away' is also on it...how apt :lolol:

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
We definitely need an antidote to all these "[insert name of best/favourite player] going to [insert name of random club in any division/country]?" threads. Are the Shrews coming in for Rohan Ince?

We need to sign someone. We're garbage at the moment. Is he available on loan with you paying all of his wages?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Getting into Pixies again - specifically 'Bossanova'. Probably as I caught them live on BBC6 Music at the end of december. So was listening it on the train to Brighton New Years day to watch the AFCB match.

No prizes for guessing what track was on when we pulled into the station..yep - 'Stormy Weather'. 'Blown away' is also on it...how apt :lolol:

When the ref gave that penalty, I was quoting the lyrics of Nimrod's Son to him in no uncertain terms. Is the new stuff absolute cack, or is it OK? I've not heard any of it yet.

Flex Your Head

I remember hearing this at (I think) a Northern Portrait gig 4 or 5 years ago and thinking how bloody amazing it is.

Was shocked when I found out who it's by, but it still sounds pretty wonderful to these old ears.

I've just completely alienated myself to the rest of you on here, haven't I? We're all allowed one or two guilty pleasures, surely?

Last edited:

Flex Your Head

I know I've mentioned how much I love Art is Hard records on here before; wonderful little UK DIY label which has brought us stuff by Joanna Gruesome, Playlounge, Keel Her, Gum, Gorgeous Bully, The Black Tambourines and so on...
Anyway, they've relaunched their 'Pizza Club' for 2014 - http://artishardrecords.tumblr.com/pizzaclub2014

Everyone should sign up for the 'Pepperonly' membership (at least) because it's FREE and you'll get 26 songs delivered to you over the 52 weeks of the year.

'Pepperonly'

Entry level membership for those dipping their toes in the cheesey waters.

You will receive a freshly delivered song to your inbox every other week for the entirety of 2014. It's free, so there's not really any excuse not to join our most basic membership.

They've released some absolutely stonking stuff over the last few years and this will definitely be a case of waaaaay more killer than filler.

Give it a go.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I've just completely alienated myself to the rest of you on here, haven't I? We're all allowed one or two guilty pleasures, surely?

Murray, you're alright - I too have this on my iPod. It's a nice enough little ditty - passes the "would I like this if it was by someone I'd never heard of" test...

Flex Your Head

Thanks Tiny :thumbsup:, I don't own a copy of the song, but I might be tempted to do a sneaky download somehow seeing as it's been stuck in my head all morning.

Anyway, as this thread started because of Indietracks, I thought I'd post this which I've only just found; a list of every artist and DJ who's played at the festival since it's humble start in 2007.

http://www.indietracks.co.uk/about/previous-events/

What an awesome list, eh?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Thanks Tiny :thumbsup:, I don't own a copy of the song, but I might be tempted to do a sneaky download somehow seeing as it's been stuck in my head all morning.

Anyway, as this thread started because of Indietracks, I thought I'd post this which I've only just found; a list of every artist and DJ who's played at the festival since it's humble start in 2007.

http://www.indietracks.co.uk/about/previous-events/

What an awesome list, eh?

Some really good line ups there. 2013 was particularly strong and 2008 with Weddoes, Ballboy and Darren Hayman. It's the smaller bands that always appeal to me and quite a selection there too. Just wish I had explored this festival ealier.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
When the ref gave that penalty, I was quoting the lyrics of Nimrod's Son to him in no uncertain terms. Is the new stuff absolute cack, or is it OK? I've not heard any of it yet.

I've yet to hear it but I'd feel a little sad listening to them knowing Kim wasn't there. Anyone? Is it good?

Deal or no Deal?

Sorry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here