Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

Flex Your Head

This caused a huge amount of debate over on Anorak; a single page for the previous 2.5 years, then 4 pages in a week or two:
http://anorakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4742&start=20

Anyway, here's one of my Top 3 Amelia songs:

Anyone wanna tell me about Beat Happening and how great they are? They completely passed me by, but those who know 'em, love 'em. I just need a good place to start exploring, so any recommendations welcome.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
I've never really got on with Beat Happening. I've got several of their records but I've never managed to love them. They've always struck me as a bit of a joyless dirge. I love a lot of records on K though, so I've a lot of time for Calvin Johnson in his label boss persona.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
That's a bit downbeat HK! Let's get Saturday night, with a bit of North Laine action in the vid....

[yt]X0eso4ARXzk[/yt]

Good for a Sunday morning too. I am wondering how old That song is? Seems like only a few years ago but looking at the video there I am guessing its longer. The mobile phone is a virtual antique!

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Good for a Sunday morning too. I am wondering how old That song is? Seems like only a few years ago but looking at the video there I am guessing its longer. The mobile phone is a virtual antique!

I would guess it's about 8 years old. I love The Go! Team with a passion. If anyone else wants to help create a cheery Go! team Sunday leading up to the fifth round draw, please feel free!

[yt]fQ4f_lgdYz8[/yt]

Jul 20, 2003
The Wedding Present have announced The Membranes as the first name on the under card for this year's 'At The Edge Of The Sea'

Happy effing days

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Roll on August

The 'Hit Parade' day last year was my upmost bestest day of 2013

Indeed. Membranes a great addition to the bill. Been looking out for when tickets go on sale- never seems to sell out until about a month before though. Thinking of seeing Weddoes in May too at Tunbridge Wells.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I would guess it's about 8 years old. I love The Go! Team with a passion. If anyone else wants to help create a cheery Go! team Sunday leading up to the fifth round draw, please feel free!

This is very predictable as a choice but it never fails to lift the spirits

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Having drawn Hull in the next round of the cup I thought we could add a little 'themed' culture to the thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here