Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

Flex Your Head

Some really good line ups there. 2013 was particularly strong and 2008 with Weddoes, Ballboy and Darren Hayman. It's the smaller bands that always appeal to me and quite a selection there too. Just wish I had explored this festival ealier.
There were many rumours that there wouldn't be an Indietracks this year - it's all run by a surprisingly small number of volunteers, and circumstances change, relationships end, children are born, priorities are updated... real life happens.
Indietracks 2014 will take place on 25-27 July. I've got a feeling that if it's not the last one ever, it might be the last one for a while. Don't miss out this time round!

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
There were many rumours that there wouldn't be an Indietracks this year - it's all run by a surprisingly small number of volunteers, and circumstances change, relationships end, children are born, priorities are updated... real life happens.
Indietracks 2014 will take place on 25-27 July. I've got a feeling that if it's not the last one ever, it might be the last one for a while. Don't miss out this time round!

This is my second busiest time of year at work. I've got NO chance.... :down:

Flex Your Head

This is my second busiest time of year at work. I've got NO chance.... :down:

Booooooooooooooooooooo. That's not fair.

How about the Odd Box Weekender in early May? The Friday night in particular is going to be IMMENSE - 4 brilliant bands and one decent one.

Friday:
The Manhattan Love Suicides
Tyrannosaurus Dead
Sock Puppets
The Wendy Darlings
The Sweet Nothings

Saturday:
The Spook School
Shopping
Heathers
Fever Dream
The Wharves
TOYS
Eureka California
Ravioli Me Away
Gum
Moustache of Insanity
Falling and Laughing
Palomica

Sunday:
Kid Canaveral
One Happy Island
Night Flowers
ChorusGirl

The running order on Saturday could well be subject to change.

Friday 2nd. Power Lunches, Dalston.
Saturday 3rd. The MacBeth, Hoxton.
Sunday 4th. The Lexington, Islington.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
For those of us who like female harmonies, slightly rugged, slightly not straightforward tunes - ie probably for fans of Throwing Muses and Sidi Bou Said:

http://thedrinkk.bandcamp.com/music

That is REALLY good.

I agree - plus limited edition of 100 hand made CD covers. I'm in indie DIY heaven!

99 left now...

I recieved this on Monday, direct from the lead singer, with a thank you note to go with the hand-painted cover.

On loop in the car at the moment. Your Throwing Muses comparison is a very good one. (If the Muses had an OIRISH lead singer).

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I recieved this on Monday, direct from the lead singer, with a thank you note to go with the hand-painted cover.

On loop in the car at the moment. Your Throwing Muses comparison is a very good one. (If the Muses had an OIRISH lead singer).

I love getting things directly from band members, even when no-one's heard of the band. I've kept various emails/notes from a bevy of superstars, including members of Bearsuit, Stewart Anderson, someone from a band called Stapleton, plus...err...others. I'm easily starstruck...

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I've got to go to a damp school playing field and watch lots of kids run round it three times. Hope there's tea being served. Wish it was summer. Dandelion Milk Summer.

[yt]wXlixuw7fh0[/yt]

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
"Services to competition and consumer economics", apparently. Personally I think that "services to fuzzy indiepop" would be more valuable, but hey ho.... Good to see the good guys getting these things.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Saturday evening. Usual routine. In the kitchen, cheffing up tea, to a YouTube indiepop soundtrack...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here