Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Hmmmm. What do we think of this?

Enjoying the fact she is now surrounded by an all woman group. Sound is pretty poor- prefer the old style to be honest. John Peel once sang on one of their songs. I think it was Pinky Blue Skies but need to look that up.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I'm enjoying this new Stephen Malkmus/Jicks track. Sorry, it's one of those unofficial videos with the lyrics on it. Maybe just listen rather than watch?

[yt]FhldWzv7D80[/yt]

Flex Your Head

I'm enjoying this new Stephen Malkmus/Jicks track. Sorry, it's one of those unofficial videos with the lyrics on it. Maybe just listen rather than watch?
Very nice for a sunny Sunday morning.

I've just upped the tempo a tad with a blast of this old classic.

Absolute killer chorus.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Further details have been anounced for The Wedding Present Summer festival 'Edge Of The Sea' in Brighton. They will be playing album Watusi in its entirety on the Saturday and the Mini e.p on the Sunday- with other tracks too I would guess. Plus the usual Cinerama slot.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The news we've all been dreading...:wink:

I actually quite like Watusi and it will be interesting to hear songs that probably have never been played live before. The album contains one of my favourite Weddoes songs- Swimming Pools and Movie Stars- which is a typical Gedge love song.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I've posted about this album once before, on another thread, but I'll do it again: any fans of Mercury Rev, the mellowest side of the Flaming Lips,Youth LagooN and Bon Iver may like this. Wistful, plaintive, violins, guitar - great mood music if you like this sort of thing. Album came out in the UK this week, I think:

[yt]dlQlokP7IjQ[/yt]

Flex Your Head

I've been falling a little in love with Red Sleeping Beauty again today. I managed to grab the Singles CD on eBay for less than a tenner and have been playing it all afternoon since postie delivered it.

Yet more Swedish wonder-pop and strong rumours that some kind of reformation might be on the cards.
There were so many truly fantastic Swedish bands in the 90's but very few of them managed to make it over the North Sea to the UK. Oh for a time machine...

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Is this your antidote to the "Definately Maybe is 20 years old" thread?

We definitely need an antidote to all these "[insert name of best/favourite player] going to [insert name of random club in any division/country]?" threads. Are the Shrews coming in for Rohan Ince?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here