Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

Flex Your Head

Oh wow! I'm not sure what to make of these either. Are they deadly serious and earnest covers, or all a bit tongue in cheek?
So bad they're good, or released in search of critical acclaim?
Good find, Staly and well worth checking out if you've not already done so, pop kids.

Oh yeah, incidentally I was 20 for the first 10 / 12ths of 1986, but got married when I was 21 ??? I've got a 22 year old son and 17 year old daughter who live just outside Brighton with their mum, and a 15 month son now. He's beautiful and endlessly entertaining, but currently teething and has a cold. I am a stranger to sleep.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Oh wow! I'm not sure what to make of these either. Are they deadly serious and earnest covers, or all a bit tongue in cheek?
So bad they're good, or released in search of critical acclaim?
Good find, Staly and well worth checking out if you've not already done so, pop kids.

I've a horrible feeling he's serious. Check out the cover of Rubber Ball as well. Truly awful.

Anyway, today's Christmas song from me. It'll be the last as we're off to Shropshire for Christmas, and obviously there's no internet there. Not indiepop, but I make no apologies as it's the best Christmas song bar none.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
This doesn't really belong on this thread, but it's great and no-one complained when I played it at Big Pink Cake last weekend.

I really enjoyed that and perfect for Christmas Eve. Whoever made the video though needs some guidance. All sorts going on there!

Flex Your Head

I really enjoyed that and perfect for Christmas Eve. Whoever made the video though needs some guidance. All sorts going on there!

Crap, isn't it.

The Ronettes is a great choice, Staly, but for something quieter with a wonderful warm, late-night feel, then this too is just perfect for easing on to the sofa with a glass of something festive when all the work has been done.

http://wiaiwya.bandcamp.com/track/see-that-day

Despite not sounding out of place on Radio 2, it's become something of a favourite in our house and sounds even better when there's snow on the ground.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Our power is back on! Just about to abandon Xmas amid desolate scenes of defrosted freezers and dripping fridges, with no internet connection, but we are back in business. Hooray.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I spent the morning picking up the remnants of what used to be our garden fence, and the afternoon planing down a swollen garage door. Festive cheer aplenty.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Nice one HK! Happy Xmas to all! Guests are due in 30 mins. Just about to crack open the Sussex sparkling wine. Hope you all have a splendid festive season. I'm sure I'll sneak back onto NSC tomorrow when I get a moment though!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Time to resurrect this thread with news of what surely must be the must see movie for 2014:

Going to be first in the queue when this comes out.
At 1m44s in there is an interview with what could be 14 iced bears? The girl on the far left and the guy speaking look remarkably like a couple who sit near me in WSU. Uncanny!!!!

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Time to resurrect this thread with news of what surely must be the must see movie for 2014:

Access Denied (policy_denied)

Your system policy has denied access to the requested URL.

For assistance - please contact the Helpdesk on ext 4444 (+44 207 658 4444)

The anticipation..........

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Going to be first in the queue when this comes out.
At 1m44s in there is an interview with what could be 14 iced bears? The girl on the far left and the guy speaking look remarkably like a couple who sit near me in WSU. Uncanny!!!!

View attachment 49911?

Flex Yr head will be along to tell us who everybody is, I imagine. I only know Clare, Matt, Everett True and Harvey Williams

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

giphy.gif

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Right. I see what this film is about now. :drool: Must go out and buy a huge telly. Anyone know if the film Beautiful Noise is EVER going to be released??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here