Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Plus, it's in danger of descending into 4 or 5 people talking to each other (a bit like the reggae thread) and me boring everyone with increasingly desperate Christmas singles.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
*Goes to post a load of things then realises I put them on my Secret Santa CD so refrains...*

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Want to join in this thread but slightly threatened by the amount of obscure bands some on here know...

Get on board Mello. I insist you read it ALL from page 1 though, and play EVERY link.

You'll be the youngest person on this thread mind!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Get on board Mello. I insist you read it ALL from page 1 though, and play EVERY link.

You'll be the youngest person on this thread mind!

Ah. Do you all just like music from when "Old Music Was Rubbish"? The fitness of the musicians was shit back then, can't compare it to nowadays etc.

That's the only thing. All my "obscure" stuff will be from late 80s at the very oldest, mostly 00s/10s.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I was 18 in 1986. Wish I'd known to enjoy it more...

I was 20.
When my own kids were small( early 30s for me) life changed a lot but now they are grown up I feel I have a resurgence and am seeing more live music now than at any time in my life.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Ah. Do you all just like music from when "Old Music Was Rubbish"? The fitness of the musicians was shit back then, can't compare it to nowadays etc.

That's the only thing. All my "obscure" stuff will be from late 80s at the very oldest, mostly 00s/10s.

We're comfy with ALL eras Mellotron - throw some names around and we'll join in. I was 15 in 1986, about 10% of my record collection is C86. I've even got a SIMPLE MINDS album, so my cred is variable, to say the least...

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
I was 20.
When my own kids were small( early 30s for me) life changed a lot but now they are grown up I feel I have a resurgence and am seeing more live music now than at any time in my life.

If all goes to plan we're expecting to be parents early next year, so I'm imagining I'll have no time for all this stuff for a few years after (although my friends who have kids seem to still manage to go to gigs and stuff).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We're comfy with ALL eras Mellotron - throw some names around and we'll join in. I was 15 in 1986, about 10% of my record collection is C86. I've even got a SIMPLE MINDS album, so my cred is variable, to say the least...

All of this, including the '15 in '86' part, EXCEPT substitute U2 for Simple Minds.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
The first two U2 albums were ok to be fair

I feel compelled to admit that The Unforgettable Fire is my favourite. U2 had quite a lot of influence on my guitar sound when I was about 14. Thanks to them, I ended up with 3 delay pedals. I still love a sparkly chiming crisp guitar sound. The Ocean off the first album was a favourite, especially the live version. 11 o'clock tick tock I also liked.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Pop and Zooropa my favourite U2 albums. I'm a bit odd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here