Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Lovely stuff - not seen that before, thanks.

My Christmas tune today features a whole host of indie legends, but I'm not sure it's particularly poppy. Bloody beautiful though:

l

Well worth the wait but you are going to have to drop some clues as to who is singing/playing. Clearly Scottish?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
l

Well worth the wait but you are going to have to drop some clues as to who is singing/playing. Clearly Scottish?

Edwyn Collins, Jim Reid, Stuart Murdoch and Tracey-Ann Campbell.*

*I have no idea - I don't even have Youtube access...

** My supergroup would be great though.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Edwyn Collins, Jim Reid, Stuart Murdoch and Tracey-Ann Campbell.*

*I have no idea - I don't even have Youtube access...

** My supergroup would be great though.

A great supergroup indeed and definitely the correct nationality. However I would swap Stuart Murdoch with Stephen Pastel and add some Ballboy.

Flex Your Head

Wikipedia says... They were formed in 1994 by David Keenan on leaving 18 Wheeler. The original line-up included drummer Neil Grant as well as Sushil K Dade (ex-Soup Dragons, BMX Bandits, later of Future Pilot A.K.A.) on bass and John Hogarty (ex-BMX Bandits, later of National Park on guitar. Grant was replaced on drums by Brendan O'Hare (ex-Teenage Fanclub)

Flex Your Head

This is ace, and is my Christmas record for today. Not very Christmassy, one for Hans perhaps:

I imagine that HKFC would enjoy that in the same way that I'd enjoy you jabbing your finger in my eye!

Also from the marvellous Ace Bushy Striptease you could have had "All I Wanted for Christmas was Alan Gow"
On the 4xCDs I put together, there's a lyric about our most loathed rivals on the ABS track, but no-one's mentioned it yet...

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Wikipedia says... They were formed in 1994 by David Keenan on leaving 18 Wheeler. The original line-up included drummer Neil Grant as well as Sushil K Dade (ex-Soup Dragons, BMX Bandits, later of Future Pilot A.K.A.) on bass and John Hogarty (ex-BMX Bandits, later of National Park on guitar. Grant was replaced on drums by Brendan O'Hare (ex-Teenage Fanclub)

Future Pilot A.K.A! I have just dug out tiny waves, mighty sea. Not listened to it for years but was a favourite when it was first released.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Future Pilot A.K.A! I have just dug out tiny waves, mighty sea. Not listened to it for years but was a favourite when it was first released.

Looking at the sleeve notes album has contributions from Norman Blake, Stuart Murdoch, Emma Pollock and Stephen Pastel amongst others.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here