Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Low - Just Like Christmas. Played at my December wedding (no summer froth for us), always played on our anniversary:

[yt]IippcraBPKA[/yt]

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
My Christmas song for today is this fine atheist anthem from Amelia's current band:

"One great big bang creates matter and man, and it's so much more amazing than the whole 7 days thing"

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Low - Just Like Christmas. Played at my December wedding (no summer froth for us), always played on our anniversary:

[yt]IippcraBPKA[/yt]

Saw them play this live at Hove Market Place December last year. It was immense. The whole e.p is beautiful and should be played in every home each Christmas.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Meanwhile, away from the Christmas theme, I've been cooking tea, listening to this...

...this..

...and this...

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Agreed, it's lovely. Just looked on amazon with a view to ordering the ep.

£63.90 :eek:

Bloody hell. I bought it when it was first released for £5.99 which was a lot back then- guessing fifteen years ago. I know it cost that much as it still has the HMV sticker on it from the Western Road branch.

Flex Your Head

Saw them play this live at Hove Market Place December last year. It was immense. The whole e.p is beautiful and should be played in every home each Christmas.

I am very jealous but fully in agreement.

Here's my Christmas song of the day - a free download too, from last year.

https://soundcloud.com/separatedbymotorways/yours-sincerely-the-pizza-club

"The final ever slice of pizza - 'yours sincerely, the pizza club' is a festive collaboration laced with contributions from our good friends Playlounge, Best Friends, Joanna Gruesome/IDES, Birdskulls, Gorgeous Bully, Slowcoaches, /please/, My Name Is Ian/Greetings, Yrrs, Gum, Cycle Schmeichel, Chris Wilkinson, Megan Bell and not to mention - ourselves.

Recorded in bedrooms, on mobile phones and down pissy alleyways behind the Exeter Cavern, 'holiday armadillo.' was the best way we could think of thanking each and every one of you for contributing to our community - be it with the songs you write, the tracks you download/stream from us, buying one of our silly concepts or simply by checking out our page. It's been such a special year and we couldn't have done it without YOU.

Merry Christmas!

Dave and Richard x."

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Today's Christmas song from me is a joyful ditty to celebrate our first away win of the season:

Not really Christmasy, except for the title, but it's only December 1.

"Jealousy's a privilege"

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Yeah you've been fixtured. Always wanted to say that ever since I've been lurking on here:rock:

Not the first time an NSC poster has played the "fixtures" card with me. Almost certainly not the last. Careless of me not to notice this one though as it's in the same thread. Happy to introduce a shambolic indie aesthetic to the thread.

Flex Your Head

Hmmmm, looking at the number of Christmas songs we’ve already got, I’m not sure that voting is going to be possible due to timings and logistics and all of us being busy at work (other than Staly who is clearly busy, but not necessarily with work! Lucky bugger.)

Look at this list of top-notch, boss tuneage; it’s only December 2nd! I’ve not even managed to listen to them all yet…

The Waitresses - Christmas Wrapping
St Etienne - I Was Born on Christmas Day
Wedding Present - Holly Jolly Hollywood
The Bird and The Bee - Carol of the Bells
Bearsuit - What You've Never Seen Snow Before?
Jacobites - Teenage Christmas
Eux Autres - Teenage Christmas
Eux Autres - Another Christmas at Home
April March and Los Cincos - April March and Los Cincos (+1)
Fireflies - Xmas Song (+1)
The Fall - No Christmas for John Quays
Shonen Knife - Space Christmas (+1)
Yo La Tengo - It's Christmas Time (+1)
The Headcoatees - Santa Claus (+1)
Galaxie 500 - Listen, The Snow if falling
Bellend Sebastian - 12 Days of Christmas
Paisley & Charlie - All I Want For Christmas… (+1)
Wedding Present - Step Into Christmas
Nixon - Anorak Christmas
Bill Botting - Mulled Wine (+1)
HMHB - All I Want For Christmas is a Dukla Prague Away Kit
Orchids - Mister Scrooge
The School - Let Me Be The Fairy On Your Christmas Tree
Sally Shapiro - Anorak Christmas (+1)
The Middle Ones - Christmas, Baby (Please Come Home) (+1)
Low - Just Like Christmas *
Tender Trap - Leaving Christmas Day
Yours Sincerely, The Pizza Club' - Holiday Armadillo
Brighter - Laurel
Allo Darlin' - ??? (Can't see the title at work)

* Already seconded
(+1) = I second these ones… just in case we do end up having a vote.

Whether we vote or not, it’s a great list with plenty more to come

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'll second these three...

The Waitresses - Christmas Wrapping
Wedding Present - Holly Jolly Hollywood
The School - Let Me Be The Fairy On Your Christmas Tree

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Hmmmm, looking at the number of Christmas songs we’ve already got, I’m not sure that voting is going to be possible due to timings and logistics and all of us being busy at work (other than Staly who is clearly busy, but not necessarily with work! Lucky bugger.)

My work tends to be request driven, so some of the time it's pretty quiet and at other times pretty manic. Monday mornings are the calm before the storm....

I'll second The Jacobites and the second Eux Autres.

You got a problem with "Bellend" Sebastian? I know a lot of people aren't keen.

Flex Your Head

You got a problem with "Bellend" Sebastian? I know a lot of people aren't keen.

Nope, I'm just very juvenile.

(Actually, having said that, I've not listened to them for years. I really loved the early stuff, even sent off for one of the 500 vinyl copies of Tigermilk way back when, but kinda lost interest after 'The Boy With The Arab Strap'.

Two things I think; the overtly religious lyrics at time, and the sheer reverence they are afforded by fans.
I went to Camber Sands for the Bowlie weekender back in 1999 (I think?), and by the time B&S were due to come on, 3,000 or so people were crammed in to the ballroom and the place was so hushed with expectation and excitement and a misplaced sense of privilege. When S Murdoch came on stage, the cheer was extraordinary, it was like the crowd were at some kind of evangelical worship. I felt a massive disconnect, and when the adulation die down, and he tinkled a couple of keys on his piano, the silence was complete, what with everyone putting their fingers to their lips and shushing each other.
I felt this was a good time to get in a heckle, so bellowed "play Candle in the Wind, you c unt".
I have NEVER had so many people stare at me with utter hatred and outrage.

Told you I was juvenile. Combine that with all day drinking, and something stupid was bound to get shouted out.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here