Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

Flex Your Head

I've been slacking on posting Christmas tunes, so here's The Primitives.

I hope that stolen riff at the start is a tribute rather than a rip-off.
This is the only song of theirs I've listened to since they reformed, and I like it a lot. Still not going to risk my memories by checking out any of their other new stuff though. Is that very blinkered of me?

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
I've been slacking on posting Christmas tunes, so here's The Primitives.

I hope that stolen riff at the start is a tribute rather than a rip-off.
This is the only song of theirs I've listened to since they reformed, and I like it a lot. Still not going to risk my memories by checking out any of their other new stuff though. Is that very blinkered of me?

No, it sucks almost as much as the new Flatmates stuff. The Christmas song's pretty good though.

The new Wolfhounds single's very good.

Flex Your Head

No, it sucks almost as much as the new Flatmates stuff. The Christmas song's pretty good though.

The new Wolfhounds single's very good.

I daren't listen to The Flatmates either, especially since the recent single came out in that shockingly bad sleeve. Corgi said they were ace at EoTS though.
I wrote a big chunk about bands reforming with just one or two original members for the Come Again fanzine. Maybe I'll paste it up on here this evening. Or maybe I'll spare you all my waffle.

The reformed Wolfhounds sound far more appealing to me than they used to. Maybe my tastes have matured with age.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
I can see that The Flatmates could still be good live, but their new singer just doesn't sound right to me. She's very stage school raaawk.

The Wolfhounds always had a fairly unique sound, so they're probably less likely to age badly I suppose. plus a high proportion of original members I think. The B-side to their new one's a classic "kids of today - tut" rant.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Well it's got Christmas in the title. It was a bit of a desperate one because I couldn't find online versions of any of the others I wanted to use....

Flex Your Head

Well it's got Christmas in the title. It was a bit of a desperate one because I couldn't find online versions of any of the others I wanted to use....
I fully expect to end up having to use a song about The Christmas Islands or something at some point.

Anyway, I think on the weekend before Christmas, we should list all the Christmas songs posted on here and everyone can vote for their Top 5. 5 points for #1, 4 points for #2 etc... Much easier than seconding and stuff. Maybe.

Also, bang up to date and only just released for this Christmas; this is really lovely. A 7" on snow white vinyl... I'm tempted.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I fully expect to end up having to use a song about The Christmas Islands or something at some point.

Anyway, I think on the weekend before Christmas, we should list all the Christmas songs posted on here and everyone can vote for their Top 5. 5 points for #1, 4 points for #2 etc... Much easier than seconding and stuff. Maybe.

Also, bang up to date and only just released for this Christmas; this is really lovely. A 7" on snow white vinyl... I'm tempted.

That's RIGHT up my street. Like.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Flex Your Head

CorgiRegisteredFriend;60 63041 said:
When I first heard this on your cd collection I fell in love with it. It could drive a grown man to tears. First Class!
You might like this one too (although the backing vocals arent great on this version).

In fact, you track down everything cos it's all great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here