Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Anybody going to see Loop at Concorde 2 tonight? I was supposed to be going to the Leeds gig on Tuesday but couldn't make it. Gutted.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Staly and Flex are the kings of indie christmas. I'd better get one or two in quick, before they post ALL the good stuff!

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Never been described as a king of Christmas before. I'm generally noted for the bad grace with which I approach the whole business.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Today's Christmas offering.

We established earlier in this thread that despite the singer looking uncommonly becoming in a white sheaf dress, Help Stamp Out Loneliness have attracted the ire of some for their temerity in covering Emma's House. Ring any bells? Honestly, keep up at the back.

Anyway, to compound their crimes they also had the poor sense to cover this:

http://wiaiwya.bandcamp.com/track/just-like-xmas-in-cottonopolis

Flex Your Head

Today's Christmas offering.

We established earlier in this thread that despite the singer looking uncommonly becoming in a white sheaf dress, Help Stamp Out Loneliness have attracted the ire of some for their temerity in covering Emma's House. Ring any bells? Honestly, keep up at the back.

Anyway, to compound their crimes they also had the poor sense to cover this:

http://wiaiwya.bandcamp.com/track/just-like-xmas-in-cottonopolis
Musically, HSOL were great, but the aforementioned singer tried to come over all Nico-esque Teutonic ice maiden, and it just didn't work (for me, anyway).

Also, one of the keyboard players was far more attractive.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Veronica Falls it is, for the next time we want to ensure a three goal home win :thumbsup:

Had it in the car, forgot to take it into the ground. At half-tine, the kids wanted to know whether we were doing CDs again. So, just THINKING about indie CDs brings us three home goals, as long as we attend the match. It definitely works. If we hadn't had that third goal today, we may have been in trouble.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Today's is a corker.

In the likely event that I run out of inspiration by Christmas Eve, there's enough Billy Childish Christmas songs to keep us going:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Stumbled across this the other day and wondered if anyone we know is on it. Sorry if posted before but too many pages to now look through.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Had it in the car, forgot to take it into the ground. At half-tine, the kids wanted to know whether we were doing CDs again. So, just THINKING about indie CDs brings us three home goals, as long as we attend the match. It definitely works. If we hadn't had that third goal today, we may have been in trouble.

Ah, but I DID have the School one in my bag, for you, so a CD was in attendance...

Flex Your Head

Stumbled across this the other day and wondered if anyone we know is on it.

First up are Kip Berman and Peggy Wang from The Pains of Being Pure at Heart.

Then it's Pete Green who releases solo stuff and sings with The Sweet Nothings, and Marianthi, one of the Indietracks organisers who co-runs Atomic Beat Records and is involved with a million other great things.

Then it's Ian, another one of the Indietracks organisers and guitarist in the now defunct Pocketbooks. Currently stroking his strings in The Understudies and ElectrophonVintage, and doubtless other places too.

Then you've got The Orchids looking a wee bit older than their Sarah days.

Chap with the shades is Sean who runs Fortuna Pop, probably the best known label for releasing this kind of stuff, and who plays in Airport Girl (if they ever play again).

Oh... and then there's some credits telling you who they all are!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here