Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

Flex Your Head

That's quite good. Could possibly to with slightly less wet vocals. Reminds me of early Another Sunny Day- "I never knew that love could make you feel so sore" (snigger).
I'll let him off for the slightly wet vocals given that he's brought us the wonders of Nixon, Free Loan Investments, Pushy Parents, The Garlands, Happy Birthdays and more.

Roer Gunnarsson, indiepop legend; I salute you.

At least he can claim English is a second language to excuse any dodgy lyrics - Harvey from ASD didn't have that excuse!

I like your idea of posting Christmas songs one-a-day, but I'm struggling to find some of my faves on-line. The search will continue from home tonight...

Flex Your Head

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

No, not those Orchids, but this sits very nicely with the 'girl-groups' from the 60's who always seem to be included at any indie disco.

This is probably a little unkind, but those lasses are really testing the theory expounded in our thread, that simply being in a band makes all girls look fit. Especially the moose in the middle, bless her.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
I utterly adore this (not the most manly words I've ever typed to be honest), but this is soooo good. Can't believe it's only had 34 views. Come one, let's get it up to... err... 40?

Anyone else like it?

Who wrote it? There's this version too:

Spookily, this one had 666 views when I watched it.

Flex Your Head

Who wrote it? There's this version too:

Spookily, this one had 666 views when I watched it.

This is a translated from Wikipedia...

Roger Gunnarsson is a Swedish songwriter and musician , grew up in Halmstad and lives in Stockholm .
First active in the 90th century Swedish indie pop scene in bands Dune, Novelle and Wilson. In the mid 90s he started hemstudiobandet Nixon in Halmstad. After a number of line-up changes the band became a one-man project and in 1999 released the first song Dance To A Different Tune on a vinyl single by Swedish record label and music magazine Benno.
In 2000 he founded the duo Free Loan Investments to Amanda Aldervall. The band gave out records in Sweden, UK and USA. Free Loan Investments also became a popular live band with two additional members. The band's musical characteristics was happy pop with harsh, and often political, texts. The band did their last gig in summer 2004.
In 2005 he released an album with anonymous duo Intellivision , which was a tribute project to italo disco and europop.
2007, the artist Sally Shapiro covers of Nixon's Anorak Christmas and She Keeps Me Alive (renamed He Keeps Me Alive ), and the same year he started the band The Garlands with Christin Wolderth on vocals.
In 2008 he produced and wrote all the songs on Cloetta Paris debut album Secret Eyes under the pseudonym Clive Reynolds. Cloetta Paris got fans alike through indie pop and the music media. Later that year, was also released the single You And Me By The Stereo -written with Giordano Trivellato and Giuliano Sacchetto from the band Milky.
In recent years, he has only been working as a songwriter and producer. In 2012 he wrote and produced for example the song Die From A Broken Heart for the Swedish disco artist Bimbo Boy along with his colleague in the new production team Music Chart

Very keen to check out "disco artist Bimbo Boy"!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
We did this on Blue and Amber (Shrewsbury's equivalent of NSC) a few years ago. I got a squaddie. He sent me a cd full of Phil Collins and I sent him a cd full of Prolapse and the Fall. His review was very rude, although he did enjoy Mazzy Star.

Ha!
You're welcome to try this one . . . maybe 2nd time lucky?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
We did this on Blue and Amber (Shrewsbury's equivalent of NSC) a few years ago. I got a squaddie. He sent me a cd full of Phil Collins and I sent him a cd full of Prolapse and the Fall. His review was very rude, although he did enjoy Mazzy Star.

Maybe go easy this time Staly - a mixture of the listenable WITH the unlistenable?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here