Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My new current favourite Brilliant Corners

This is terrific (actually it MIGHT already feature on this thread. Apologies if so )

As is this. Jangle-tastic

Flex Your Head

Two brilliant tracks there, but that Hit Parade song has always really annoyed me for some reason and I have absolutely no idea why. Hmmm.

My mate Andy writes an occasional blog and his review of The Fireworks single is pretty bloody good - http://http://afogofideas.blogspot.co.uk/
Can't wait to hear the b-side after what he's written about Shaun's drumming;

The Fireworks have Shaun Charman (previously of The Wedding Present/Popguns) on sticks and I don't know what drum kits may have done to him in a past life but on 'With My Heart' he really does a number on those poor sorry *******s. And they deserve it. The song is all momentum. ONWARDS, EVER ONWARDS.

Andy's also the man behind the wonderful sleeve art for the single, and the current Joanna Gruesome artwork. He's also the other half of Come Again DJs, but he's clearly the one with the talent :kiss:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Speaking of Joanna Gruesome, they managed to secure some Welsh Arts Council funding for a trip to America to play gigs across NYC at the CMJ week / festival thingie. Here they are last night playing Sugarcrush.

(Filmed by Kip from The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart, fact fans.)

That makes sense as I think JG have got the chance to be big in a POBPAH way. I'm really impressed with them.

Flex Your Head

I've been listening to Staly's "Live & Shambling Vol I", and it is just tear-inducingly, nostalgically wonderful.

You can almost taste the young dreams, the fun, the excitement, the neo-adolescence, and the inevitably disappointing beer as you listen. We were all there, tapping along politely with our toes and occasionally breaking out in to a half-hearted, awkward shuffle.
This should have a 'proper' release through Cherry Red or Rough Trade or someone. Just wonderful.

Thanks again Staly.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Oh good, I'm glad it arrived.

I was quite pleased with it. I was going to put a few slower, reflective songs on, but then I thought "naah". Catches the spirit of the times I think.

I might do volume 2 tomorrow while I'm listening to us losing to Peterborough.

I owe Shaun some royalties now too.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Attempting to get rid of a pretty severe headache after last nights HMHB. Managed to push my way to the front and got in some decent moshing- a fairly small group involved though considering it was sold out and a Friday night. All the usual songs played Dukla Prague, Trumpton, Bob Wilson and saved till near the end the majestic Joy Division. I don't know if it was a result of drink but I thought the sound was not the best and could have done with better vocals. Volume wise perfect. Good banter between songs- funniest suggestion that Pete Wylies latest band line up is to be called Fat Wah! Got myself a HMHB lighter from the merchandise and a bargain 7inch of Dicky Davies Eyes for 50p. Ended the evening with more drinking in The Bristol. Altogether a great evening and well worth the 14 year wait.

Flex Your Head

Sounds like a perfect evening, Corgi. Wish I could've joined you.

I spent last night listening to Tiny's Rarities CDs - more marvellous stuff from NSC's musical missionaries.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sarah-Rec...71149352552?pt=UK_Records&hash=item27d94bde68

£375? Really? I don't reckon they'll ever get that price, but you never know...
Check out their other items and prices; I can see some being tempted to sell-up for that kind of money.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Sounds like a perfect evening, Corgi. Wish I could've joined you.

I spent last night listening to Tiny's Rarities CDs - more marvellous stuff from NSC's musical missionaries.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sarah-Rec...71149352552?pt=UK_Records&hash=item27d94bde68

£375? Really? I don't reckon they'll ever get that price, but you never know...
Check out their other items and prices; I can see some being tempted to sell-up for that kind of money.

That's a pretty high price- looks in good condition though from the photographs. Going to check out the other stuff they are selling.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Yes, I'm from Shropshire originally

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for the Shrews since their memorable 1979 FA Cup run - Sammy Chapman v Man City thrilled me as a youngster, although I still love a giant-killing. Slightly complicated-looking kit at that time - orange, maybe some black/white/blue as well? Gay Meadow was a lovely ground too...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here