Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
I'll get on to it. In the meantime have a listen to Hydroplane, who were basically The cat's Miaow under a different name. Gorgeous:

Flex Your Head

And staying on a theme, some of Cat's Miaow are now Bart and Friends, who played last years Indietracks.
Yes indeed. I was more than a tad gutted that due to DJing duties and them playing the church stage (capacity approx 120 max), I missed the entire set. Pam Berry from Black Tambourine (and many other fine bands) sung on some of the songs.

Curses!

Flex Your Head

I'll get on to it. In the meantime have a listen to Hydroplane, who were basically The cat's Miaow under a different name. Gorgeous:
You're right, absolutely gorgeous. I'd not heard them before, just heard of them, so thanks.

For anyone hankering for a bit of Sunshine Playroom nostalgia, have a listen to this (I think I might've posted this somewhere else in the thread, but can't remember. It's an age thing):

http://www.mixcloud.com/gordonkaye/gordon-kaye-the-sunshine-playroom-the-early-years-1985-1987/

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Here's someone who have been a bit overlooked in this thread.

Crawdaddy was an excellent album.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Just got home and found Murrays CD's waiting for me. Can't wait to give them some serious listening.
Thanks Murray- I have sent a PM but a public thanks is well in order.

Flex Your Head

Here's someone who have been a bit overlooked in this thread.

Crawdaddy was an excellent album.

I think I had a promo copy but never even listened to it because I hated the single. I might have to have a listen at some point, but it'll have to go some to beat 'Pop Said' which is rather lovely and pleasantly perky.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Have been playing CD 1 from Flex's collection almost constantly when in the car this past weekend. Some really great stuff and the shorter songs are just prefect. Personal favourites so far include The Blue Minkies- Tough Punks Are Square, The Sea lions- On and Off and The Legends. To be honest though its all brilliant. Yet to play the other CD's as want to savour them one at a time. Thanks again Murray.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Have been playing CD 1 from Flex's collection almost constantly when in the car this past weekend. Some really great stuff and the shorter songs are just prefect. Personal favourites so far include The Blue Minkies- Tough Punks Are Square, The Sea lions- On and Off and The Legends. To be honest though its all brilliant. Yet to play the other CD's as want to savour them one at a time. Thanks again Murray.

I did the same. A couple of days on each one. I've only just got round to the 4th one. All excellent. The SECOND one is my favourite.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Hi everyone, just back from holiday. Started the day C86 style with Gentle Tuesday by Primal Scream - a great little tune. I will comment on FYH's 4xCD box set later, but a quick question: are people finding that the track names and artists are automatically picked up by iTunes, or are you manually typing them in? Oh, and there's no Vicente back yet? Hope the At The Edge of the Sea was good. I have hundreds of work emails to catch up on as well as all the in-depth BHA news/Seagulls player highlights - have been limited to BBC match reports so far. Thanks...

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
QUOTE=tinycowboy;5921699]Hi everyone, just back from holiday. Started the day C86 style with Gentle Tuesday by Primal Scream - a great little tune. I will comment on FYH's 4xCD box set later, but a quick question: are people finding that the track names and artists are automatically picked up by iTunes, or are you manually typing them in? Oh, and there's no Vicente back yet? Hope the At The Edge of the Sea was good. I have hundreds of work emails to catch up on as well as all the in-depth BHA news/Seagulls player highlights - have been limited to BBC match reports so far. Thanks...[/QUOTE]

Welcome back. Edge Of The Sea was all the better this year for being two days long. There is a separate thread on it with reviews of bands and the odd photo. I would put in a link to it if I knew how!

Flex Your Head

a quick question: are people finding that the track names and artists are automatically picked up by iTunes, or are you manually typing them in?
I always tick the box 'include CD text' when burning CDs with iTunes, so it *should* work. It seems to for some people, but not everyone.

*looks baffled and shrugs shoulders slightly, but not in an unconcerned manner, more of a 'I don't really understand the technology' stylee*

Flex Your Head

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I always tick the box 'include CD text' when burning CDs with iTunes, so it *should* work. It seems to for some people, but not everyone.

*looks baffled and shrugs shoulders slightly, but not in an unconcerned manner, more of a 'I don't really understand the technology' stylee*

I don't use iTunes, but certainly all the titles come up on the CD player in my car :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here