Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] India v England Test Series

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Tell Jos to get us to 400 then go nuts for a bit, when he gets out stick 'em in (is what I'd do)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Should be declaring very soon....statistically just about no chance of this being chased already.

Dear old @BG would want us to get to 550 ahead just to be safe. ��

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Get a move on FFS

Bess padding away an over from Nadeem who is deliberately bowling down the leg side.

I don’t see us getting India out in 110 odd overs anyway, they can’t bat anywhere near as badly as they did first innings.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Bumrah looks like he’s throwing it at times, especially his short ball.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Should be declaring very soon....statistically just about no chance of this being chased already.

Dear old @BG would want us to get to 550 ahead just to be safe. ��

I've been thinking a lot about BG recently. I wonder what he'd make of Root's performances...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Looks like a set amount of overs England have decided on here. Also a difficult wicket to bat on.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
If we don’t win this test, we aren’t ever going to win a test this series to be honest. India don’t care they are happy with a draw from a 580 deficit first innings, understandably.

We’ve made 578 & India’s top players batted awfully, this will not happen again we must make hay whilst the sun is shining, if you aren’t going to win a test away in those circumstances we aren’t going to win one at all.

Root is a good captain but he’s far, far too cautious with declarations.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Bloody frustrating, we can afford to treat it as a 20/20 game but are playing like we are the ones looking for a draw. Perplexing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Both sides are just killing time. We don’t want to give them too long to bat, they don’t want to bat too long. Impasse will be over soon hopefully.......

Looks like a set amount of overs England have decided on here. Also a difficult wicket to bat on.

This is all true. No reason why they couldn't use up the overs they want, AND rack up 20/30 extras runs. It isn't as though retaining wickets is of any worth.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
This is truly bizarre...... If England decided to bat for say 15 overs or whatever then fine but score some runs doing it. I haven’t heard one reasonable explanation from a commentator or ex player about this.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If we don’t win this test, we aren’t ever going to win a test this series to be honest. India don’t care they are happy with a draw from a 580 deficit first innings, understandably.

We’ve made 578 & India’s top players batted awfully, this will not happen again we must make hay whilst the sun is shining, if you aren’t going to win a test away in those circumstances we aren’t going to win one at all.

Root is a good captain but he’s far, far too cautious with declarations.

He's not. Apart from Christchurch in 2018 I can't think of one that could have been a little late. Even then, they still had 125 overs and had New Zealand batted well there could have been a different outcome.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
very hard to understand why we are doing this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here