Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] India v England Test Series

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just got up in time to see Kohli go, 73-3 and the door is open. Scoreboard pressure in action [emoji6]!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Switch the names around I’d be worried but that’s England, India are used to fielding for a long time and batting for a long time in docile conditions.

I’m extremely confident India will easily make 355, this wicket is flat as a pancake and our spinners are bang average. I don’t think India will try and score quickly, that’s my point, with the opposition scoring 600 first innings with say 2 3/4 days left you are just going to be trying to preserve the draw, India aren’t trying to win this now. Have a team ever won after a conceding 600 odd first innings?

This match is a nailed on draw for me from here, hope I’m wrong obviously :lolol: That’s why IMO the aggressive tactic was to get them in tonight and have two spells with the new ball, for the value of 20/30 runs that would have been worth it.
600 no. 551-6 declared yes. Just as I was flying out for the 2006/7 Ashes Series.

Whilst losing when posting a first innings total of 500+ can happen, the chances are slim. That is, perhaps, my one criticism of Root as a captain; he's a bit too cautious sometimes. Rather than let the tail score a few slow runs he could have got stuck in to an India tired after nearly two days in the field.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
4 down and now the Patio doors are open!

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Batsmen get away with murder these days with the pitches and padding. They also have the boundary ropes in their favour. That Indian batsmen got a 6 when it bounced 10 yards inside the edge of the boundary. He miss hit it and would have been out had the rope been where ot should have been, next to the advertising hoarding.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Whilst losing when posting a first innings total of 500+ can happen, the chances are slim. That is, perhaps, my one criticism of Root as a captain; he's a bit too cautious sometimes. Rather than let the tail score a few slow runs he could have got stuck in to an India tired after nearly two days in the field.

All going to plan for Root. Batted on yesterday for runs and this morning for time. Bowlers won’t have a full day in the heat today and Leach can get hit for six after six and get a few wickets in between.😁

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Another over and another "6" where he would have been caught on the boundary if the rope had been put back to its rightful place. Out twice in two overs. Batsmen's runs these days have to be halved when comparing them to previous generations when you take into account the boundary ropes, padding and pitches.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Watching Pant bat, really is great entertainment. I must admit, it was more fun watching him take Nathan Lyon apart, that England’s bowlers, though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Handy wicket that. I was calling for Bess to take a blow, and get Root himself on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here